• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bacon bits in cookies

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Honestly, bacon in cookies doesn't sound like it'll complement well. Not even real bacon* would complement the ingredients in cookies. Maybe in something like banana bread it could work. Gotta have some moisture in the base somewhere.

*Real bacon = direct from your local farmer cottage bacon; ever since having it I have trouble considering any of the stuff you get in a supermarket to be anything other than "bacon"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What do you think I should do for bacon bits in a cookie recipe?

I was thinking chocolate chip cookies with bacon bits mixed in, or banana cookies with bacon bits, or maybe just regular cookies (the same cookie dough as chocolate chip cookies) without the chocolate chips but just bacon bits in it.

What do you think sounds best?

I've never made cookies before... Why bacon bits? I got some to use and I got the idea from Breaking Bad.
I thought anise but that might blow someone's head off if you mix bacon into it.

Since there are bacon chips, maybe a cookie that has potato?

There's potato chip cookies....

Just add the bacon!

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I thought anise but that might blow someone's head off if you mix bacon into it.

Since there are bacon chips, maybe a cookie that has potato?

There's potato chip cookies....

Just add the bacon!
Everyone's mentioning potatoes. lol

I'd imagine potatoes in a cookie would taste worse than bacon in a cookie.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Honestly, bacon in cookies doesn't sound like it'll complement well. Not even real bacon* would complement the ingredients in cookies. Maybe in something like banana bread it could work. Gotta have some moisture in the base somewhere.
Use maple instead of chocolate and it might actually work, though you might have to cut out some sugar so the sweet doesn't overpower the savory. Those two do actually pair well, and while a cookie would be a challenge baking savory deserts isn't unheard of. It's really just a matter of balancing the two flavors, and doing it very well because it is an unusual pairing and it won't be a conventionally sweet desert. You'd also have to probably cut back maybe a couple teaspoons of oils due to that coming from the bacon, as well as perhaps not use salt as that too would be furnished by the bacon. And I wouldn't be surprised if some savory seasonings in the dough would greatly enhance it, with the purpose of helping to balance that against the sweetness of a cookie.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Peanut butter cookies with bacon also sound good. It's a good day for some baking blasphemy! :smilingimp: