• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Avi's Career Advice

Brickjectivity

One
Staff member
Premium Member
Am I young people entering the workforce or old people re-entering the workforce? It depends upon whom I'm talking to.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's late, and I've been on the gin. Please explain...... 'cos it's doing my head in. That's both the gin and your phrase.
You've heard of bosses admonishing lazy good fer nuthin employees.....
"That work won't do itself!"
Well, if I'm not doing work, it requires an improvement.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Avi, I need a job.
I'm lazy.
I have no currently marketable skills.
I want schedule flexibility.
I want short hours.
I want high pay.
I want to tell my employer how to run his/her business.
I want luxurious benefits.
I want a great retirement package.
I plan to retire in 2 years.
I want 4 day weekends.
I refuse to move from my current home.

What do you recommend?

Just the man we are looking for....we are starting a Bitcoin mining company......you can be our Vice President for Vice. :D

Avi1001

Hold on just a minute here, fellas.....how are we gonna get any young job seekers on this thread....with all of us wealthy geezers hangin' out by the water fountain ? :D The only young one we snatched so far is Brickj, and he's gotta be pushing 30. ;)

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just the man we are looking for....we are starting a Bitcoin mining company......you can be our Vice President for Vice. :D
Ooooo....I collect 18th & 19th century vises!

This is pre-1800 (cuz of the mounting bracket style)...
107f2p02.jpg

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The Indian is in pretty good original condition, including paint.

That must be very special indeed. If that was here, people would go a long way, just to see it, and they would travel the whole land to watch it go (gently) round a track.

I'm guessing that the Triumph frame is bent. Triumphs frames didn't like chairs.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That must be very special indeed. If that was here, people would go a long way, just to see it, and they would travel the whole land to watch it go (gently) round a track.
I'm guessing that the Triumph frame is bent. Triumphs frames didn't like chairs.
No, I ride like a little old lady.
I also take it easy on the right hand turns.

Alceste

Vagabond
My career advice? Don't bother. Nobody in the whole history of the earth has lain on their death bed thinking "I wish I'd spent more time at the office".

Here's Alceste's recipe for a satisfying life.

1. Get to know yourself.
2. Figure out what you love.
3. Practice, practice, practice, until you are exceptionally good at doing what you love.
4. Get people to give you money for doing what you love.
5. Learn to like being poor.
6. Die happy.

Remember, kids: You only get one shot at life. No do-overs. Don't waste it.

Wirey

Fartist
My career advice? Don't bother. Nobody in the whole history of the earth has lain on their death bed thinking "I wish I'd spent more time at the office".

Here's Alceste's recipe for a satisfying life.

1. Get to know yourself.
2. Figure out what you love.
3. Practice, practice, practice, until you are exceptionally good at doing what you love.
4. Get people to give you money for doing what you love.
5. Learn to like being poor.
6. Die happy.

Remember, kids: You only get one shot at life. No do-overs. Don't waste it.

I do what I love, and I'm rich. There's a second option.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
No, I ride like a little old lady.
I also take it easy on the right hand turns.

Right hand turns....
So your chair is on the right side.....

If you know the road, you can decrease your speed just before the RH turn, and then accelerate as you begin to enter the turn. The bike pushes itself around the chair.... you don't even need to steer round. But if you're 61 yrs and have been riding those things, then you already knew that.... :)

The Indian must be very special.... it would be here. Our Brough Superiors and Vincent 1000s might be in the same classic league, valuewise.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Right hand turns....
So your chair is on the right side.
If you know the road, you can decrease your speed just before the RH turn, and then accelerate as you begin to enter the turn. The bike pushes itself around the chair.... you don't even need to steer round. But if you're 61 yrs and have been riding those things, then you already knew that.... :)

The Indian must be very special.... it would be here. Our Brough Superiors and Vincent 1000s might be in the same classic league, valuewise.
Those would be worth my than my Indian because they're more roadable.
But mine is what I want.

Avi1001

Avi is on vacation.
He said he'll be back....I think in a month or so.

Right now I am on a ship sailing toward Ninevah. A storm is coming and the ship is surrounded by ferocious and hungry whales. I have been arguing about Emma Watson and Feminism with the deck mates, I am the only Feminist on board. I think they might throw me overboard. :D But no worries, I have a secondary plan to get to Ninevah. ;)...I have to sign off now, one of the whales just did a huge belly whopper. :D...you call this vacation ? :)...I think someone is going to get indigestion....hopefully it's not gonna be me. ;)

Last edited: