• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australia, an island for boat people?

Abu Rashid

boat.jpg

ramana

The U.N. I suggest has created this refugee problem of boat people, including all the wars and designing countries boundarie's for maximum friction.Especially in the Midle East between shihites and sunnis. The real intent is I suggest to destroy middle class white Australia,[U.K. & States] which is a threat to their New World Order. The U.N.Influence over our Government and not a referendum I suggest got rid of the White Australia Policy that through interracial and intercultural marriages sent our divorce rate skyrocketing and the need for enormous welfare to attract more boat people and economic migrants who know there are few jobs[gone to china another U.N. policy I suggest],the boat people from the Middle East have not come like the original migrants from Europe and China to mine gold but a new lot from those places who could not sweat to mine gold but Centrelink instead, on hearing the news of this new gold rush. Of course this is exactly what the U.N. needs I suggest to break down our soceity like in the U.K. More laws, more police, more cameras,more computer information and hacking our emails amd phones.
The U.N. decides who comes into our country and decrees the racial mix I understand, that they design the racial mix not the Australian people, they are not interested in lowering cultural impact but the opposite it would appear. Oh, yes and more flouride in our water[active ingredient in prozac,even rat poison and causes brain damage and brittle teeth, bones] even in small towns and then also aerial chem trails in sparse country areas,along with increasing contamination of food with chemicals and G.M, and more drug pushing by Doctors, more controls of the media.
Stop voting I suggest for what I believe is the Labor/Liberal Party dictatorship and their illegitimate child the Greens.

Last edited:

Ozzie

Stop voting I suggest for what I believe is the Labor/Liberal Party dictatorship and their illegitimate child the Greens.
You've left no-one else to vote for other than my favourite local Indian restaurant. :shrug:

leon_the_14

The real intent is I suggest to destroy middle class white Australia,[U.K. & States] which is a threat to their New World Order. The U.N.Influence over our Government and not a referendum I suggest got rid of the White Australia Policy that through interracial and intercultural marriages sent our divorce rate skyrocketing and the need for enormous welfare to attract more boat people and economic migrants who know there are few jobs[gone to china another U.N. policy I suggest],the boat people from the Middle East have not come like the original migrants from Europe and China to mine gold but a new lot from those places who could not sweat to mine gold but Centrelink instead, on hearing the news of this new gold rush. Of course this is exactly what the U.N. needs I suggest to break down our soceity like in the U.K. More laws, more police, more cameras,more computer information and hacking our emails amd phones.
The U.N. decides who comes into our country and decrees the racial mix I understand, that they design the racial mix not the Australian people, they are not interested in lowering cultural impact but the opposite it would appear.
Spot on.
It is white 'gods' who are responsible for this.
After all how can you be 'elite' by your appearance if there are others like you?

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Personally I do not believe that there is a concerted push to 'subvert the white man' instead I think that this is the natural result of declining white male power ((yes, I am a white male)). That said, international governance is unwelcome - such matters are purely the domain of the Australian people through our government.

Pineblossom

Wanderer
Hi I found this article amusing but it contains a massive germ of truth from the Singaporean Prime Minister:

Thatcher asked Australia to buy island for boat people - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I agree that boat people are likely a boon rather than a burden. Comments?

Also ironic given the paranoia about boat people that Australia is in fact an island for boat people (Aboriginal perspective).

Thatcher was mad - literally.

Fraser adopted a intake of refugees who are now second and third generation Australians and had added to our growth.

The last few governments have adopted a defacto white Australia policy and treated refugees as criminals placing them in indefinite prison. This has backfired as some 90% of these so-called criminals have been found to be legitimate refugees and ended up living in Australia anywAY.

And you are right - apart from Aborigines, we are all refugees.

moniasaurus

They really shouldn't be referred to as 'boat people'. It's a pretty disgusting way to talk about them. They're asylum seekers or refugees. And I think that Australia should definitely accept them. Tony Abbott's aggressive stance about 'stopping the boats' or 'sending back the boats' is just sending Australia backwards.
We need to seriously look at how we deal with so called 'boat people' as a country, because in all the political mess we seem to somehow forget that they are people and that they are usually fleeing from horrific circumstances.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
im all for boat people...bring them in, give them asylum, its not like we dont have the space!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
Though friend moniasaurus appears to enjoy digging up old threads; it fine as it brings fresh air to the soil below gives it much needed oxygen for better growth of plants.:D
Rgds refugees, India is the only country to have accepted refugees from all the neighboring countries and still keeps its doors wide open even when its population will be touching China's very soon.
The point here is not physical space. Compared to any country the population per space in square anything probably is the maximum in India but it has a big space in its HEART. It is sensitive to others problems and so starting with the Invaders from Middle east to Europeans have first visited as strangers to stay back as friends and then sat down to rule and loot it but still its richness of culture ever expands as it has assimilated cultures of far away lands that it is the place on earth to understand LIFE.

What Australians are doing is what all western countries are doing. Clsoing doors for immigrants forget refugees. They speak of humanitarianism through their pockets but not their hearts. Well it too is a part of life. It too is a way!

Love & rgds

Ozzie

Friends,
Though friend moniasaurus appears to enjoy digging up old threads; it fine as it brings fresh air to the soil below gives it much needed oxygen for better growth of plants.:D
Rgds refugees, India is the only country to have accepted refugees from all the neighboring countries and still keeps its doors wide open even when its population will be touching China's very soon.
The point here is not physical space. Compared to any country the population per space in square anything probably is the maximum in India but it has a big space in its HEART. It is sensitive to others problems and so starting with the Invaders from Middle east to Europeans have first visited as strangers to stay back as friends and then sat down to rule and loot it but still its richness of culture ever expands as it has assimilated cultures of far away lands that it is the place on earth to understand LIFE.

What Australians are doing is what all western countries are doing. Clsoing doors for immigrants forget refugees. They speak of humanitarianism through their pockets but not their hearts. Well it too is a part of life. It too is a way!

Love & rgds
I'm not real confident in "the way" as a political statement of no confidence in progressive change. I think attitudes to outsiders comes down to more mundane issues of social psychology.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Ozzie,

I'm not real confident in "the way" as a political statement of no confidence in progressive change. I think attitudes to outsiders comes down to more mundane issues of social psychology.
1. Man makes society.
2. Man evolved.
3. existence is eternal.
4. where does *attitude* comes from???

It is lack of true understanding of the *self* in relation to *existence*; which is the root of all human errors!

Love & rgds

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Australia is very quickly becoming a nation of boat people.

I just read last night, that the UN is now going to impose sanctions on Australia for human rights violations, after a few detainees stitched their lips together with dental floss in protest of their living conditions.

Detainees/boat people are not being tortured and beaten up! They do that to themselves in political protest to gain UN/world sympathy and to expedite their asylum requests.

Seriously, Australia needs some kind of deterrent to show those thinking that we will accept everybody with open arms, that we simply do/can not.

It has been stated that we have plenty of room, but that is a myth. Only about 10-15% of Australia is actually habitable, and we simply do not have the infrastructure or resources to deal with it.

http://www.lspphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/1205-0103-copy.gif

So, what happens when we just give in to all of these left-wing liberals? We basically enact an 'open door policy' in regards to immigration, and the true Australian (ANZAC) spirit is lost.

I have been reading many, many stories whereby these immigrants want to change Australia Day to 'Citizen Day', where they want to change our flag, where they want to change our laws to suit themselves.

If 'refugees' want to immigrate to escape the situation in their country, why bring all those problems over here with them and start that same mess in ours?

Yeah, so I thought I was racist and an Islamophobe...turns out, I am just a right-wing egalitarian nationalist.

The "Boat People" invading Australia news archive - Page 101 - Stormfront

So, make of all that what you will.

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member

I just read last night, that the UN is now going to impose sanctions on Australia for human rights violations, after a few detainees stitched their lips together with dental floss in protest of their living conditions.

Seriously, Australia needs some kind of deterrent to show those thinking that we will accept everybody with open arms, that we simply do/can not.

It has been stated that we have plenty of room, but that is a myth. Only about 10-15% of Australia is actually habitable, and we simply do not have the infrastructure or resources to deal with it.

So, what happens when we just give in to all of these left-wing liberals? We basically enact an 'open door policy' in regards to immigration, and the true Australian spirit is lost.

I have been reading many, many stories whereby these immigrants want to change Australia Day to 'Citizen Day', where they want to change our flag, where they want to change our laws to suit themselves.

If 'refugees' want to immigrate to escape the situation in their country, why bring all those problems over here with them and start that same mess in ours?

Yeah, so I thought I was racist and an Islamophobe...turns out, I am just a right-wing egalitarian nationalist.

Yes I agree, many of these people are raping our culture all because we have leaders who have no back bone to stand up to these people, and do gooders who call anyone who tries to stand up to them, racist.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

This is not accurate. Numbers of boat people have spiked in the last year or so, though. But still, I never quite understand why we talk about 'boat people'. It's a misnomer. In 2008, over 96% of all asylum seekers arrived by plane, on legitimate business or student visas, and then applied for refugee status.

Source:http://www.news.com.au/world/ten-myths-around-asylum-seekers-arriving-on-boats-in-australian-waters/story-fndir2ev-1226676024840

Not doubting you on this (seriously!), but do you have a source? I find UN rulings, and what they decide to impose sanctions in relation to pretty random at times.

Okay, so what is the deterrent you think best works?
Are you in favour of the use of Papua New Guinea, or other offshore facilities?

I'll trade ya a map for a map.
How did you arrive at a figure of 10%-15%, out of interest?

So, what happens when we just give in to all of these left-wing liberals? We basically enact an 'open door policy' in regards to immigration, and the true Australian spirit is lost.

I'm not usually referred to as a left-wing liberal, but there ya go. Perhaps on this issue I am. Suffice to say, I'm unsure what the 'true Australian spirit' involves, in your opinion.

According to the national anthem;
"For those who've come across the seas, We've boundless plains to share"

Yeah. I'd like us to go the Republic route, and I'd certainly be open to the idea of a flag change in combination to that. Do you find that un-Australian?
Once someone is an Australian citizen, I could care less where they come from or where they were born. We're all immigrants, or from immigrant backgrounds.

I think there are some pretty real issues which need discussion, and some things which we need to work out better ways to handle.
I just don't see jingoism, closed-border policies, or reactionism as the means with which to effectively address it.

I'm not a fan of Stormfront, I'll admit that upfront.
But having looked at the link, I'm struggling to identify what point you're trying to make. Is it that there are large numbers of Australian's who would agree with your position? I'd definitely agree. The part that makes no sense is where those Australians decide they are the sole arbiters of 'Australian-ness' and that those who disagree are 'left-wing liberals' who are clearly either working to an agenda, or are happy for the country to be flooded by undesireables.

There are real issues that need to be discussed and addressed. Doing so via slogans, bumper-stickers and falsifications does nothing to further our handling of these issues. Unless both sides of these debates grow-up and stop mud-slinging, 'boat people' will continue to be a political football used for self-serving purposes, with most of the discussion having at best a passing association with the truth.

I'd love to discuss these issues with you in a more rational thread. I think we'd find more common ground on some aspects than you'd expect. But my reaction to things like the 'Bugger Off We're Full' picture you posted is always going to be to refute your assertion, and try to return the 'debate' to rational ground.