• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists???

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I think in the hopes of finding God. I mean what better place to come but a religious/spiritual forum. If He's gonna be anywhere it's here they must figure.
My reputation precedes me. :D

Seriously, what's so hard to understand about the idea that a person can find religion interesting without actually being religious themselves?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just a question for y'all: Why would there be so many athiests subscribing to a religious forum?
Boredom, mostly. It's something to do.

More specifically, I have found that forums regarding religion and spirituality are among the best forums to attend. Religion is a very, very broad subject, and brings people from countries all around the world, including religious people and those who are not religious. Religious forums usually contain a very introspective group, and they also tend to have sub-forums that contain all sorts of stuff that is unrelated to religion.

In addition, I enjoy learning about religions because by learning about religion, I learn about cultures and how people think. A person's religion says a lot about that person, including their biggest desires, their biggest fears, their biggest strengths, and their biggest weaknesses.

And, to be blunt, I find many religions to be rather harmful and problematic and wish to debate them from time to time.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
My reputation precedes me. :D

Seriously, what's so hard to understand about the idea that a person can find religion interesting without actually being religious themselves?
Oh common Jeff. how DARE you be interesting, or interested in social issues around you?

Morpheus

Well, this has been interesting, and I have learned some new perspectives. Thank you all for your comments. I guess my question was tainted with the experience that most athiests I have previously come across have been quite vociferous and close minded in their disbelief, but I have found here quite the opposite. Thanks again peeps.