• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists: Would you like to believe in God if there was good evidence for God?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not a point of liking it, if the evidence was valid, with proof that it was not some alien with advanced technology then first the god would need to answer some searching questions like

What's the thing with childhood leukemia?
Why create a race to worship you then impose unnecessary suffering?
So why the thousands of years of hermitage?

And a a few more

If the evidence was valid there would be no choice but to accept that evidence
What she said.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, you do have to accept the evidence just because you have it. You could reject the evidence if you did not like the idea of believing in God. It would not be wise to reject it, but you could.

No, I never heard the Maid of Heaven, only Baha'u'llah heard her.
If I had heard her then I would be a Manifestation of God, but I'm not.
Yes, there are many irrational people out there. But a rational thinker has to accept the evidence whether he likes it or not.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You could reject the evidence if you did not like the idea of believing in God.

No, I never heard the Maid of Heaven, only Baha'u'llah heard her. If I had heard her then I would be a Manifestation of God, but I'm not.
If I reject evidence, then I should be termed as a fool. There are people who believe in God, or the first human that God created, Adam, and the woman, Eve, whom God created out of the ribs of Adam. Do you believe these things? Do you believe in seven-day creation of the universe or that sun revolves around the earth or that earth is flat? If you do not believe in these things, then what makes you believe in the 'Maid of Heaven'?

Hearing the supposed 'Maid of Heaven' would not have made you a manifestation of this supposed God. Perhaps she might not have said what she is supposed to have said to Bahaullah. But yes, you would have had the fortune of seeing "her countenance shone with the ornament of the good-pleasure of God, and her cheeks glowed with the brightness of the All-Merciful". If the 'Maid of Heaven' comes to me, I would believe Bahaullah.

Last edited:

leov

I still do not understand. o_O
Our body is a device were our soul can communicate with physical world and spiritual world , it is built in our CBS glands. God initiates contact , word "faith" in Greek means to persuade, you respond because you sense that persuasion in whatever form it arrived. Atheists have no functional communication organs.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
What I was really trying to get as was whether atheists would be happy believing in God if they had the evidence that they require to believe in God.
Many atheists did once believe in a god. Some of them even say they were happier with it. Most say they feel better, or at least liberated, without it.
I simply don't know since I never believed. But I'd happily (;)) trade happiness for knowledge.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Many atheists did once believe in a god. Some of them even say they were happier with it. Most say they feel better, or at least liberated, without it.
Yes, I know some atheists are happier without a belief in God because I have been talking to atheists 24/7 on forums for over five years. ;):)

I guess my question is kind of silly for those atheists who have never believed in God, because how could they know if they would be happy believing in God, given they could not know what that would feel like if they had never experienced it.
I simply don't know since I never believed. But I'd happily (;)) trade happiness for knowledge.
You mean you do not know if you would be happy believing in God since you never experienced it?

So, are you saying that you would trade any happiness you might now have not believing in God for the knowledge that God exists even if you were not happy believing in God? o_O

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
So that is 3) since the God of Abraham is God. However, He is not as you describe Him.

I guess that means that you would only like to believe in a God who measured up to your standards of what a God should be?
Whenever I read an atheist post stating the God of Abraham was evil, I always wonder how and why they think the Apostle John could say @ 1 John 4:8, “God is love.” Do they think they know something John didn’t? Lol.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

BTW, welcome to RF!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Our body is a device were our soul can communicate with physical world and spiritual world , it is built in our CBS glands. God initiates contact , word "faith" in Greek means to persuade, you respond because you sense that persuasion in whatever form it arrived. Atheists have no functional communication organs.
How do you know that atheists do not have any functional communication organs?
They might not be functioning now but that is because God has not yet initiated contact, but God could initiate contact and then their organs could start functioning. The proof that is possible is because atheists have become believers. Nobody should ever be written off. God does not write anyone off.

leov

How do you know that atheists do not have any functional communication organs?
They might not be functioning now but that is because God has not yet initiated contact, but God could initiate contact and then their organs could start functioning. The proof that is possible is because atheists have become believers. Nobody should ever be written off. God does not write anyone off.
It is possible that contact was not initiated. Look at Anyone Flew, for example. There was very little or practically no of atheism in ancient times , with advent of materialism and industrial age pollution those organs stopped function.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Whenever I read an atheist post stating the God of Abraham was evil, I always wonder how and why they think the Apostle John could say @ 1 John 4:8, “God is love.” Do they think they know something John didn’t? Lol.
I have been posting to an atheist who thinks god is evil 24/7 for over five years on other forums, but the ones here on RF who say God is evil are just the same... Here is what those kinds of atheists think.

They think that the fact that there is evil in the world is God's fault because God is omnipotent so God should prevent the evil that humans do, so God is evil for not preventing evil that humans cause. This is of course completely illogical because humans have been enjoined by God to be good and thus not evil and God revealed the Bible as a way for people to be good, so humans have no excuse for being evil. But these atheists say that God needs excuses for not eliminating all the evil in the world, as if it is God's job. :rolleyes:

It does not matter to these atheists how many times the Bible says God is love because they do not think the Bible is an accurate source of information regarding God. They think they know more about God than the Bible, but all it is is an imaginary god they dreamed up. :rolleyes:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
My goodness! Get some sleep!

Lol.
I meant whenever I am not sleeping. I do not sleep much on my work days but I try to sleep more on weekends. :)
As long as there are atheists in the world, I probably won't ever have a life of my own but that's okay as long as my husband makes sure the cats are okay.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I meant whenever I am not sleeping. I do not sleep much on my work days but I try to sleep more on weekends. :)
As long as there are atheists in the world, I probably won't ever have a life of my own but that's okay as long as my husband makes sure the cats are okay.
I figured that. I was just trying to be funny!

Best wishes, my cousin!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It is possible that contact was not initiated. Look at Anyone Flew, for example. There was very little or practically no of atheism in ancient times , with advent of materialism and industrial age pollution those organs stopped function.
I think a lot of it is the materialism, but everyone is affected by that, even believers.

Heyo

Veteran Member
So, are you saying that you would trade any happiness you might now have not believing in God for the knowledge that God exists even if you were not happy believing in God? o_O
Yes, knowledge is important to me, even when it's inconvenient. Knowledge about inconvenient things is even more important because only if I know about something inconvenient, I can do something about it.

leov

I think a lot of it is the materialism, but everyone is affected by that, even believers.
Materialism is kind of default condition, but I think also calcification of glands, burning coal and introducing of sugar, noise, dirty water played role too. Sort of epygenetics.