• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists: If God existed would God……

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I quote your post: "Satyameva Jayate, nanritam" (Truth alone wins, not untruth).
She said both the world is silly. She also said the Bible is silly as a response to attacks from others. It was an emotional response. Surely you can understand.

Truthseeker

Are you really denying you said this?
"The Baha'i Writings are expansive, more expansive than the silly Bible".
She did say that, but it was in response to your relentless attacks. What excuse do you have for being so mean to her?

ppp

Yeah, because I don't respond directly to her anymore, because it was too frustrating for me, I post things that are meant for the Baha'is while posting to others. Sorry, but I couldn't deal with her style of arguing or debating or whatever it is she thinks she is doing. But I like her threads and like what you and others have to say in those threads.
I don't blame you one bit.

Truthseeker

So I called the Bible silly once, big deal. You and other atheists have said much worse things about the Writings of Baha'u'llah over and over and over again.
Yes, and it was in response to relentless attacks. Don't people realize that when you do that the person will be human?

Truthseeker

No, Tony, I do not think it is best if Tb's irrational statements are 'left alone'. It is time she learned to think before she hits 'post reply'.
You should think first before hitting reply to your mean posts to her. Which is worse?

Truthseeker

So...
1. You say the Bible is silly.
2. Then you say that you did not say that the Bible is silly.
3. Then you say that you said that the Bible is silly.

How can we take you seriously, Tb?.
You are mean! mean! mean! Where did Jesus teach you that?

Truthseeker

You tried to hide the truth, and are now trying to create conflict between Christians and Bahais. And your goal is peace and brotherhood.
But when it comes to prophesies, you readily accept Bible. Munafiqun (opportunists, carpet baggers). :D
Your goal apparently is not peace and brotherhood at all times.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
She is going through a hard time right now. She is also human like you.

Yes we are all human, some of us also have loved ones with health problems, some of us even have our own health problems. But most don't use that as an excuse for bad behaviour. You have no idea how hard I've tried to have rational friendly discussions but there's only so much a person can do. I accept my share of the fault, I doubt if the other party will accept any fault at all.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Yes, and it was in response to relentless attacks. Don't people realize that when you do that the person will be human?

You should really get your facts straight. It was in response to a dictionary definition. How on earth is quoting a definition a relentless attack?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
It is unknown how many Manifestations have appeared on the Indian Subcontinent CG. In the Writings it says it will be up to future historians to sort out these questions. I would expectvthere to be more.

I expect them to be identified in many Nations amongst many peoples. No people were left without guidance, suited to the age and people it was given to.

Regards Tony
Well, you can call them manifestations if you want, but that is inconsistent with so many other religions. Some have several incarnations. Some have only one but several prophets. Then some religions have ways for ordinary men to pray and fast or meditate or means of attaining an enlightened state or to have a vision.

I hung out with Pentecostal Christians for a couple of years, and they had several people receive prophecies during that time. Personally, I think they were all fake. So again, it's unfortunate for the Baha'i Faith, if it happens to be true, that people in other cultures and religions faked so many things about religion. But even with Christianity, and what we have in the NT, there is so much misinformation. Like Satan and demon possession. Is it all just "symbolic" stories? I don't think so. I think that's what the writers believed. Although we giving TB a hard time, if the Baha'i Faith is true, the Bible and NT stories are silly.

If Jesus didn't rise from the dead, that story is the biggest fraud ever pulled off. If Jesus isn't who the NT says he is, and if he didn't do what it says he did, then why would anyone ever trust religious claims again? But if the NT is true, then it is Islam and the Baha'i Faith that are the frauds. Or there is spiritual truths in all these religions. But it's mixed in with a lot of legend and myth. But that's not what some religions claims. They claim that they have the truth and are the truth. And rational, skeptical people look at a religion like Christianity and are astounded that people can believe some of those things. People coming back to life, not just Jesus. People flying off into the sky. God speaking from heaven. Talking animals and so on.

And now we have the Baha'i Faith claiming its prophet is the promised one that all these religions talked about. God and the prophets in the prophets in those other religions don't sound real, and now Baha'is add another prophet, but more than a prophet, a manifestation of God. I'm with the atheists... to believe any of this stuff, there needs to be objective proof. Otherwise, people are just falling for the same unprovable claims that most all religions have made. We can take it on faith. But then faith in which religion? People in every religion feel and believe and can show us Scriptures why their religion is true. Then each religion can give us reasons why the other ones are wrong. Anyway, take care Tony, see you tomorrow.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
She said both the world is silly. She also said the Bible is silly as a response to attacks from others. It was an emotional response. Surely you can understand.
I understand it all and I understand it very clearly. She made a mistake and now she is trying to cover it up. But as you said, I will let it go.