• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists: If God existed would God……

ppp

Yes Duane, the attacks on me and on Baha'u'llah have been relentless.
Calling the Bible silly once pales in comparison to the relentless attacks I have endured on this forum.
People explaining to you how your arguments and claims are bad constitutes "relentless attacks". Awwwwww.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But it was denied. And then downplayed.
It was never denied. Below is what actually happened.

TransmutingSoul said: what a silly world we now have and live in.
Trailblazer said: and it will remain silly until more people recognize Baha'u'llah...
clip_image001.png

#3068 Trailblazer, Today at 12:39 AM

Aupmanyav said: Wow, I did not know that you were so much against Bible. Being against Bible is being against Christians.
Trailblazer said: I did not say the Bible is silly. I said the world is silly.
#3110 Trailblazer, Today at 1:37 PM

samtonga43 said: Are you really denying you said this?
"The Baha'i Writings are expansive, more expansive than the silly Bible".
#3134 samtonga43, Today at 4:50 PM

Trailblazer said: No, I am not denying it since it is all there in black and white.
#3141 Trailblazer, Today at 5:09 PM

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I was accused of calling the Bible silly in response to a post wherein I was calling the world silly.

Then when I was asked if I denied calling the Bible silly, I said I do not deny it.
I never denied that I called the Bible silly. I only denied I was calling the Bible silly when I was referring to the world being silly.

The evidence is all there in black and white although it might be a little too difficult for the kiddies on this thread to follow what actually happened, in which case they would have to admit they were wrong.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The evidence is all there in black and white although it might be a little too difficult for the kiddies on this thread to follow what actually happened, in which case they would have to admit they were wrong.

Mocking of those who disagree with you. Of course there will be denials, excuses and downplaying.

samtonga43

She said both the world is silly. She also said the Bible is silly as a response to attacks from others. It was an emotional response. Surely you can understand.
You and I understand that she said the Bible is silly. It's there in black and white. But she denies she said this, and is now in a state of confusion, as she tries to merge all her little inconsistencies into one big inconsistency. It is pitiful to watch.

samtonga43

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You and I understand that she said the Bible is silly. It's there in black and white. But she denies she said this.
I never denied that I called the Bible silly.
I only denied I was calling the Bible silly when I was referring to the world being silly. Too difficult for you to follow? Well, here it is again.

Trailblazer said: and it will remain silly until more people recognize Baha'u'llah...
clip_image001.png

Aupmanyav said: Wow, I did not know that you were so much against Bible. Being against Bible is being against Christians.

Trailblazer said: No, I am not denying it since it is all there in black and white.

I was accused of calling the Bible silly in response to a post wherein I was calling the world silly.

Then when I was asked if I denied called the Bible silly, I said I do not deny it. I never denied that I called the Bible silly. I only denied I was calling the Bible silly when I was referring to the world being silly.

The evidence is all there in black and white.

samtonga43

I never denied that I called the Bible silly.
I only denied I was calling the Bible silly when I was referring to the world being silly. Too difficult for you to follow? Well, here it is again.

clip_image001.png

Then when I was asked if I denied called the Bible silly, I said I do not deny it. I never denied that I called the Bible silly. I only denied I was calling the Bible silly when I was referring to the world being silly. The evidence is all there in black and white.

It certainly is:--
The Baha'i Writings are expansive, more expansive than the silly Bible.
#3060 Trailblazer

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
You should really get your facts straight. It was in response to a dictionary definition. How on earth is quoting a definition a relentless attack?
Here's some of those posts that led up to the "silly" Bible post. Yeah, I wouldn't call this a "relentless" attack. But, if I called the Bible "silly", I'd expect some relentless attacks, especially from some Christians. And if I was a Baha'i and said that, I'd expect some people would point out how "silly" the Baha'i writings can sometimes be.

I see no evidence of any story told by anything non-human

I never claimed there are any stories told by non-humans. All stories are told by humans.
However, scriptures were written by the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

Those are still stories.

No, the Bab and Baha'u'llah did not write stories.

Narrative. Prose/ Designed to Instruct. True or fictitious.
Story.

So what if one passage fits the definition of a story?

If you look at one quote and draw conclusions as if one quote represents the Baha'i Writings, that is called the fallacy of hasty generalization and the fallacy of jumping to conclusions.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I understand it all and I understand it very clearly. She made a mistake and now she is trying to cover it up. But as you said, I will let it go.
We all know her well enough to know that she probably does think the Bible is silly. And again, I agree with her. God puts a curse on Adam and Eve and all their descendants for eating a piece of forbidden fruit? Why did God put the silly tree in the garden where they could be tempted? Especially knowing a silly talking serpent was going to trick Eve into taking a bite. Then there's Noah, 950 years old when he died? That's silly. He builds a huge boat to ride out a completely flooded Earth? How silly is that? Lot's wife turns into a pillar of salt? Silly.

But who cares what I think? But when a member of a religion that says they believe in the Bible says it? That's a little worse. Oh, and I do think there are some things in the Baha'i writings that are silly too. Like Three Woes being Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah? Where did Abdul Baha' come up with that? But who knows? Maybe they're right, and it's just silly of me not to see it.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Well, I do not believe that one could have brotherhood and peace with all people. I live in this hard world and not in dreams.
And is that what the Baha'is are claiming? That if we all come together as Baha'is, the world will become peaceful. That's what it sounds like to me, but is that peace dependent on everyone becoming Baha'is? It must be, because Baha'is don't seem to get along with people that don't agree with their beliefs.

But... is that how it should be? If we're all supposed to put aside our differences, does that include Baha'is? Can they lighten up on the preaching/teaching that, sure seems to me, is implying all the other religions have had their day... And now is the time to join up and follow the new message from God that has been brought to us by Baha'u'llah, the fulfillment of all the promises made by the other religions. But it is worse than that, they seem to be saying that all the other religions don't even have the truth anymore. They've all become corrupt and are following false beliefs and traditions. And if they are saying that and believing that, why would they care about respecting the beliefs of others? They think those people and their beliefs are wrong.

Like with you. When you tell them you don't believe in their God or their manifestations, what do they say? That you are wrong, and they are right. Hindus that believe in reincarnation are told they are wrong and have misinterpret their Scriptures. So, how is that going to bring people together? I don't think it can. Unless, we all give in and say, "Okay, you're right... I believe! Where do I sign up?" And even then, will there be peace and harmony?

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
People explaining to you how your arguments and claims are bad constitutes "relentless attacks". Awwwwww.
I'd say something but it might be construed as a relentless attack. But what have we learned from all this? Humans write stuff. Manifestations of God and their offspring reveal stuff. Stuff called Scripture. Then there are manifestations of God that dictate stuff too. And that's okay, because it's all true stuff from God himself. Or if you are a manifestation of God and let others write stories about you, that's still Scripture but with a disclaimer that says, "May not be accurate or truthful or have anything to do with reality and at times might just be downright silly. But, if you know what's good for you, you will believe and obey it." Sorry, I can't do this. I have to again support TB. The NT has Jesus floating off into the sky? A physical body floating? Into the sky? Come on now, that's silly.

samtonga43

It was never denied. Below is what actually happened.

HERE is what actually happened. Policy said: Narrative. Prose/ Designed to Instruct. True or fictitious. Story.
#3057 Policy, Sunday at 6:44 AM

Tb replied, one hour later:
So what if one passage fits the definition of a story? If you look at one quote and draw conclusions as if one quote represents the Baha'i Writings, that is called the fallacy of hasty generalization and the fallacy of jumping to conclusions.
#3060 Trailblazer, Sunday at 7:54 AM

I quote the following as evidence of someone who is not a 'kiddie' but who cannot bring herself to admit she is wrong. It's quite sad, really.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Well, I do not believe that one could have brotherhood and peace with all people. I live in this hard world and not in dreams.
You've said before that Hindus from one sect get along with Hindus from another sect. I'd imagine that it would take a belief, a strong belief, that their religion is as valid as the religion of the other person. Is that kind of like what is happening?

And, actually, what Baha'is almost seem to be saying is that all the religions are one and are true and valid. I just don't think they really mean it. It's more like the other religion used to be true and valid, but not anymore. They've been corrupted. And even if they had stayed perfect, as if some of them ever were, that the Baha'i Faith has replaced them with newer and better knowledge about God. And have brought better prayers... a better fast... and a better way to govern people and better everything. Even a better calendar with 19 days per month and 19 months in a year.

So, the peace and brotherhood is dependent on all the people in the other religions to realize that they aren't abandoning their religion, they are graduating into the next level of God's religion. But that's not true either. The Baha'is do expect people to abandon their old beliefs that have been taught in their old religion that contradict the Baha'i beliefs.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You've said before that Hindus from one sect get along with Hindus from another sect. I'd imagine that it would take a belief, a strong belief, that their religion is as valid as the religion of the other person. Is that kind of like what is happening?

And, actually, what Baha'is almost seem to be saying is that all the religions are one and are true and valid. I just don't think they really mean it.
That is differences in the family. This does not necessarily extend beyond the family.
That is what makes the difference, whether one means it or it is just sweet talk.