• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists believe in miracles more than believers

gnostic

The Lost One
So according to you, the OP as well as the title of this thread is a big joke not meant to be taken seriously?

i don’t know many creationists personally in my life, but the ones I find here, have the tendency to make up things, and claiming what they say to be true, when they are really not…with so frequent dishonest claims, I don’t find them funny at all, but I also don’t take what they have to say seriously.

To be very brutally frank, I have not met a single honest creationist In this forum.

Pogo

i don’t know many creationists personally in my life, but the ones I find here, have the tendency to make up things, and claiming what they say to be true, when they are really not…with so frequent dishonest claims, I don’t find them funny at all, but I also don’t take what they have to say seriously.

To be very brutally frank, I have not met a single honest creationist In this forum.
There are some honestly ignorant ones some of which are so steeped in YEC that it may take them a while to realize we have seen it all before, then there are the dishonest ones that know they're wrong but feel it is their duty, and then there are the recent ones that are belligerently wrong and come here only to pwn the liberals or atheists or Darwinists or whatever that in former times occupied the lower reaches pushing rocks around.

Kfox

Most of the Creationists I've spoken to who object to science just don't know the science. They seem to perceive Creationism (which is about origins) as opposing Evolution (which is not about origins, but something already existing evolving into something else). Unaware that even the Pope accepts Evolution.

Tomef

It seems contradictory, but if you see it from this perspective you will understand:

A believer considers miracles to be the result of a display of knowledge and power on the part of a conscious person.
An atheist believes that things that exist came out of nothing in a miraculous way, obeying some natural laws that emerged out of nowhere, by themselves.

So who is the one who believes in miracles? ;)
Deliberately maintaining this sort of mind-numbing ignorance is a kind of lunacy.

Pogo

Most of the Creationists I've spoken to who object to science just don't know the science. They seem to perceive Creationism (which is about origins) as opposing Evolution (which is not about origins, but something already existing evolving into something else). Unaware that even the Pope accepts Evolution.
1) low information protestants don't even consider Catholics to be Christians.
2) Catholics have a very long history of conveniently reading things into the Bible and scholarly endeavors to guide them with obvious hiccups.
3) education teaches one to interpret and analyze, not just follow rules which lets one keep the idea of God creating, but via this method.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I disagree with your assessment. As for the rest of it, eat, drink, and be merry, ok? Because never know when what scientists think about destruction of mankind by mankind will happen, right? You can find that at the Doomsday Clock website.
None of the above remotely reflects the view of science. If we want to consider the facts of culture it is Christians that "eat, drink and be merry" with no awareness of the consequences of their actions in the world.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
What about the Bahai religion? Do you consider those beliefs as well as the thousands of diverse conflicting religions and their divisions from the fallible human perspective for all the 300,000 years+ of human history as you say above?
You do not remotely make any effort to understand science or the Baha'i Faith or what other religions believe. Any dialogue with you is talking to the stone wall.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
None of the above remotely reflects the view of science. If we want to consider the facts of culture it is Christians that "eat, drink and be merry" with no awareness of the consequences of their actions in the world.
That is your impression. There is truly nothing to say to you because you take a stand virtually against everything I say. But that's ok. That's how it should be.

YoursTrue

You do not remotely make any effort to understand science or the Baha'i Faith or what other religions believe. Any dialogue with you is talking to the stone wall.
Little did I realize when I just answered you we said the same thing in reverse. Have a good evening. :)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
That is your impression. There is truly nothing to say to you because you take a stand virtually against everything I say. But that's ok. That's how it should be.
That is likely true since you reject science based on an ancient tribal agenda.

The bottom line is scientists do not "eat,drink and be merry" they are too busy with science.

YoursTrue

It was speaking, by the way, of those who were calling themselves Christians, but of course it applies to more. Science in the form of evolution says everything dies...

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It was speaking, by the way, of those who were calling themselves Christians, but of course it applies to more. Science in the form of evolution says everything dies...
All science aa a matter of act objective observation regardless only observes everything physically dies. No discipline of science takes any position on spiritual issues concerning death. Are you saying that Christians say that every living thing does not physically die?

YoursTrue

All science aa a matter of act objective observation regardless only observes everything physically dies. No discipline of science takes any position on spiritual issues concerning death. Are you saying that Christians say that every living thing does not physically die?
I'm saying that your beliefs do not make sense.

YoursTrue

I came on to these forums to see how people think. There is no argument as far as I am concerned. So you, too, have a nice day. Bye...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you have to ask why they don't make sense, you do not understand at all. So again -- I'm not here to argue although these boards have (yup) proved much to me about various viewpoints. And thank you!
Sorry, it does not work that way. You are also now breaking the Ninth Commandment by making false claims about your neighbor. You have never supported your beliefs properly where everyone else that has dealt with you has.

Why do creationists have to be so dishonest? You can do better. I have seen you at times. But once it became obvious to you that you were wrong you ran away, again and again. And yet you continue to to try to defend beliefs that you demonstrated that you know to be wrong when you ran away.

If you want to be treated with any respect you need to quit running away.

YoursTrue

Sorry, it does not work that way. You are also now breaking the Ninth Commandment by making false claims about your neighbor. You have never supported your beliefs properly where everyone else that has dealt with you has.

Why do creationists have to be so dishonest? You can do better. I have seen you at times. But once it became obvious to you that you were wrong you ran away, again and again. And yet you continue to to try to defend beliefs that you demonstrated that you know to be wrong when you ran away.

If you want to be treated with any respect you need to quit running away.
Sorry, you have things mixed up and you are confused. Bye for now...I feel badly for you but you are still confused. Take care.