• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist

Kfox

The only god that people all over the world have acknowledged since day 1. Don’t ask me who. I think it’s rather obvious
Hint: The God every adult comes to know in reality after they read about their individual little god in their individual little book from their individual little country.
No; because according to you, my parents are my God because I consider them great and are grateful for them giving me life. Your definition of God is not consistent with what most people see as God. Again; what is your definition of God?

King Phenomenon

No; because according to you, my parents are my God because I consider them great and are grateful for them giving me life. Your definition of God is not consistent with what most people see as God. Again; what is your definition of God?
Baby yoda haha

Nimos

Why not take the next step and call the universe God? Then recognize what God does?
Because that is not what the Universe is defined as. Even in most religions, the universe is not defined as God.

It would be like me saying to you, why don't you just drop the whole God thing and just call it the Universe?

The reason you won't do that is because God is more than the Universe. In most religions he is said to be the creator of it and beyond it. He is also assigned a lot of traits that are not applicable to the Universe. All good, all-knowing etc. which there is no evidence that the Universe is even remotely.

Your arguments make very little sense, not only in regard to atheists but also for religious people. I have never heard any religious person making the argument that the Universe is the same as God.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It’s not a complaint more of an observation. They don’t really acknowledge the force that has allowed them to exist imo.
Oh, but we do acknowledge the
forces (plural) that exist in our reality.
Exist for eternity I might add, but that’s probably for another thread. They call it the universe. They say they’re grateful for the universe. They say the universe is greater than them. That’s all they say. Why not take the next step and call the universe God? Then recognize what God does?
We agree that the universe exists.
We just don't attribute it to your
or anyone elses gods.
I just think their view of life is rather weak. Actually, who cares really. hahaha.
There is strength in disbelief in myths
about sky fairies. We can avoid falling
prey to bogus beliefs that can be evil.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
God is a much abused term that ends up serving human ego, prejudice, and power quite well.
Not for all.

"That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong"

As an atheist I have to say that there's no human being alive that deserves to wield the power of the God title.
Can you prove that?

The word God often implies total power and authority over everything and everyone. That is a dangerous power to give any human beings, and is not a power I would entrust to followers of any God.
No it doesn't ,you have a choice at first , either to follow it or not.
From what you say i can assume that "often" perfectly fits into your conclusion,since you are an atheist.

Virtues I would consider to be authoritative concepts in my life. However there's no right nor divine right exclusive to any person over another.
So the Mother and The Father have no right over their children?

A religion without honesty and humility and fair treatment of all life is a cancer on society.
Can you define "fair treatment of all life"?
Is it only humans , or other species also?

As a truth seeking atheist I find God to be something I don't take lightly. God is claimed by too many believers with no regard for those who don't subscribe to a God.
Fair enough

God is often used to justify tyranny, and oppression.
God is also often used to show us grace , mercy and forgivness.

The history behind the word God in humanity doesn't have a good track record.
It depends where you follow it.

If you insist , i will give you more detailed info.

If there were to be a God worthy of worship what attributes and behaviors would you expect this God to have toward all other life? Answer that!
Perfected Love

It seems God and favoritism go hand in hand a lot.
When i put emotions aside and i read the story of The Bible , it is every oposite of what you said.

Show me a God that isn't a tyrant!
Jesus Christ

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Not for all.

"That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong"

Can you prove that?
Humans wielding God power, what exactly would you do with that?
No it doesn't ,you have a choice at first , either to follow it or not.
From what you say i can assume that "often" perfectly fits into your conclusion,since you are an atheist.
A choice between acceptance and eternal doom, great, what can be more tyrannical.
So the Mother and The Father have no right over their children?
They have the reasoned right to keep them from harm, and teach them how to live.
Can you define "fair treatment of all life"?
Is it only humans , or other species also?
Other species are as alive as humans, yes.
Fair enough

God is also often used to show us grace , mercy and forgivness.
According to who's moral authority?
It depends where you follow it.

If you insist , i will give you more detailed info.

Perfected Love
The earth is not a provision of perfect love.
When i put emotions aside and i read the story of The Bible , it is every oposite of what you said.
Tell that to your other Christians.
Jesus Christ
Jesus requires faith or eternal doom. Again that is tyrannical.

King Phenomenon

A choice between acceptance and eternal doom, great, what can be more tyrannical.

They have the reasoned right to keep them from harm, and teach them how to live.

Haha stop being so serious. Tyrannical haha

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Why bother asking , when you are not interested?

It's a choice for sure , how you interpretate is your conclusion.

Nothing else ? you can do better.

So that means we should stop eating meat?

Mark 12:30-31
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these."

Most of humans persue that kind of love in life.

To all the Christians :
The Bible is every oposite of what he said.

You didn't ask for any kind of evidence,Why?

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
A long long time ago, my uncle was into playing this intelectual inquiry game.
He asked "If you could have any vehicle, what vehicle would you want?"
Most people said things like 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback with (insert all manner of car specs I do not understand here).
Or a camero
or a bass boat

When he asked me, I replied I would want a Klingon Bird of Prey.
His first response was "With great power comes great responsibility"
To which I replied "what makes you think I would be still be in this galaxy?"

Little Dragon

At the risk of revealing my age...

The Borg had not yet been introduced into the franchise when the conversation with uncle occurred.
You know what?

When I was typing that, I thought, they're going to tell you the Borg did not exist back then. :p

Hmm. Can I switch to a Super class Star Destroyer? Obviously a different universe, but I think around the same time, so can I? :p