• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Angel

Milton Platt

View attachment 20105
Me and my Cambodian friend Veronica. She took me out to eat Asian food. Her grandparents were killed by the Khmer Rouge. They were killed for being educated teachers. The communists were intent on cleansing Society of the educated

Her parents are both traumatized and suffered psychological problems from the war and atrocities in Cambodia.

She is one reason I despise communism.

The best part of breaking my bones, was I got to meet her. Being around her makes me healthy and is healing.

When in a wheelchair she always wanted to push me around and take me for a walks and be of service. I don't find very many people that accept me because of the stigma of being mentally ill.

It is extremely beneficial to the psychological condition to be around her. Also, she is an atheist, but she is so kind that I would consider her a better Christian than most Christians.

Our lord said "I was hungry and you gave me to eat.... What you did for the least of my people you did for me, come have your Eternal reward".

A lot of people treat me like a leper.

Experiencing her charity for a "leper" is more healing than medication and therapy.

She also wants to go to the gym with me and be my personal trainer and give free hair cuts.

She is like an angel from heaven.

I believe in miracles. This atheist was more helpful and healing than Christians. Imagine that! She's working a miracle for me and she doesn't even believe in God.

What motivates her to want to be around this "sick leper" and be so charitable? She has the spirit of God working through her, no doubt. God would never burn such a charitable Angel.

That is easily believable. Glad you found such a good friend.
Do try and give others a little understanding when they seem to distance themselves. Sometimes mental illness can include violent behavior and a stranger won't know if you are not prone to violence.. Also, people can simply be uncomfortable because they don't understand mental illnesses. So they are projecting their own fears and misunderstandings. This doesn't make it right, but this is the case, nonetheless.

Milton Platt

Pardon me for thinking it was God working, but she showed up in my life when I was in a wheelchair from a suicide attempt. The time I needed her the most was when she showed up... what are the odds?

So many things happen every second in the universe, that improbable things happen all the time. But if that is what you want to believe, then run with it.