• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Angel

Srivijaya

What motivates her to want to be around this "sick leper" and be so charitable?

I think you gave the answer yourself:

"Her grandparents were killed by the Khmer Rouge. Her parents are both traumatized and suffered psychological problems from the war and atrocities in Cambodia."

People she loves have been broken but that hasn't stopped her loving and valuing them. She can see the real person beyond it.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
As I've said before. No better or no worse. It's what's in someone's heart that drives them. Not the ideology itself. Popeadope thinks because she is athiest is why she is kind.
Actually, that's almost the exact opposite of what they wrote:

Post #1:
I believe in miracles. This atheist was more helpful and healing than Christians. Imagine that! She's working a miracle for me and she doesn't even believe in God.

What motivates her to want to be around this "sick leper" and be so charitable? She has the spirit of God working through her, no doubt. God would never burn such a charitable Angel.

He never said she was charitable BECAUSE she was an atheist, it was simply an observation that an atheist WAS being kind and charitable.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
View attachment 20105
Me and my Cambodian friend Veronica. She took me out to eat Asian food. Her grandparents were killed by the Khmer Rouge. They were killed for being educated teachers. The communists were intent on cleansing Society of the educated

Her parents are both traumatized and suffered psychological problems from the war and atrocities in Cambodia.

She is one reason I despise communism.

The best part of breaking my bones, was I got to meet her. Being around her makes me healthy and is healing.

When in a wheelchair she always wanted to push me around and take me for a walks and be of service. I don't find very many people that accept me because of the stigma of being mentally ill.

It is extremely beneficial to the psychological condition to be around her. Also, she is an atheist, but she is so kind that I would consider her a better Christian than most Christians.

Our lord said "I was hungry and you gave me to eat.... What you did for the least of my people you did for me, come have your Eternal reward".

A lot of people treat me like a leper.

Experiencing her charity for a "leper" is more healing than medication and therapy.

She also wants to go to the gym with me and be my personal trainer and give free hair cuts.

She is like an angel from heaven.

I believe in miracles. This atheist was more helpful and healing than Christians. Imagine that! She's working a miracle for me and she doesn't even believe in God.

What motivates her to want to be around this "sick leper" and be so charitable? She has the spirit of God working through her, no doubt. God would never burn such a charitable Angel.
Are you sure she is not a Buddhist? One could be an atheist and a Buddhist.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Actually, that's almost the exact opposite of what they wrote:

Post #1:

He never said she was charitable BECAUSE she was an atheist, it was simply an observation that an atheist WAS being kind and charitable.

Also, she is an atheist, but she is so kind that I would consider her a better Christian than most Christians.

More or less he did. Even if inadvertently by making this comparison. But regardless, my point stands as true. That point being that it's not the "ist or ism" that defines us. It's our actions.

Jumi

My guess is... nothing. It's just how she is.

It feels good to be a nice and helpful person regardless of your beliefs. I hope she will have a long and happy life.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you sure she is not a Buddhist? One could be an atheist and a Buddhist.

Err...it doesn't matter, but why would you suggest that? Sure, it's possible to be an atheist and a Buddhist, but that wouldn't change the tale in any way anyway, right?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It's just an important lesson to learn that God can work through an atheist more effectively than someone who has all the right Dogma. Dogma needs to be flushed. It gets in the way of charity and divides people and complicates everything
Her being kind to you is "God working through her?" That seems rather insulting and dismissive.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Err...it doesn't matter, but why would you suggest that? Sure, it's possible to be an atheist and a Buddhist, but that wouldn't change the tale in any way anyway, right?
No it does not.
Cambodia happens to be a highly Buddhist country, and I was curious to know a bit more about her worldview. Natural to be curious of the foundations that make really good and kind people tick. :)

Atheism is a negative statement after all. Difficult to discern anything from that.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Atheism is a negative statement after all. Difficult to discern anything from that.
One thing you can discern from it: the atheist probably isn't relying on a god to swoop down and solve humanity's problems.

All else being equal, atheism helps to motivate people to action... or at least takes away factors that tend to stop people from taking action.

Holdasown

Seems kinda rude for a god to work through someone who doesn't want them to. You are kind of blowing off all she has done by putting it on some deity.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
One thing you can discern from it: the atheist probably isn't relying on a god to swoop down and solve humanity's problems.

All else being equal, atheism helps to motivate people to action... or at least takes away factors that tend to stop people from taking action.
Cool.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
No it does not.
Cambodia happens to be a highly Buddhist country, and I was curious to know a bit more about her worldview. Natural to be curious of the foundations that make really good and kind people tick. :)

Her mom is Buddhist...she is not

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Pardon me for thinking it was God working, but she showed up in my life when I was in a wheelchair from a suicide attempt. The time I needed her the most was when she showed up... what are the odds?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
No it does not.

Fair enough!