• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Angel

Spiderman

Veteran Member
View attachment 20105
Me and my Cambodian friend Veronica. She took me out to eat Asian food. Her grandparents were killed by the Khmer Rouge. They were killed for being educated teachers. The communists were intent on cleansing Society of the educated

Her parents are both traumatized and suffered psychological problems from the war and atrocities in Cambodia.

She is one reason I despise communism.

The best part of breaking my bones, was I got to meet her. Being around her makes me healthy and is healing.

When in a wheelchair she always wanted to push me around and take me for a walks and be of service. I don't find very many people that accept me because of the stigma of being mentally ill.

It is extremely beneficial to the psychological condition to be around her. Also, she is an atheist, but she is so kind that I would consider her a better Christian than most Christians.

Our lord said "I was hungry and you gave me to eat.... What you did for the least of my people you did for me, come have your Eternal reward".

A lot of people treat me like a leper.

Experiencing her charity for a "leper" is more healing than medication and therapy.

She also wants to go to the gym with me and be my personal trainer and give free hair cuts.

She is like an angel from heaven.

I believe in miracles. This atheist was more helpful and healing than Christians. Imagine that! She's working a miracle for me and she doesn't even believe in God.

What motivates her to want to be around this "sick leper" and be so charitable? She has the spirit of God working through her, no doubt. God would never burn such a charitable Angel.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Well...both your friend and the Khmer Rouge who killed her grandparents are (probably) atheists. So congratulations, you now have a deep understanding of how varied people's opinions of life can be beneath the atheist 'umbrella'. Some people never get this understanding.

Your friend sounds like a kind person and a good support for you. I can't say what she sees in you, since I don't know you, but perhaps you might consider looking at yourself through her eyes more often?

You sometimes seem harsh on yourself, but trust her opinion that you are worthwhile and important.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
View attachment 20105
Me and my Cambodian friend Veronica. She took me out to eat Asian food. Her grandparents were killed by the Khmer Rouge. They were killed for being educated teachers. The communists were intent on cleansing Society of the educated

Her parents are both traumatized and suffered psychological problems from the war and atrocities in Cambodia.

The best part of breaking my bones, was I got to meet her. Being around her makes me healthy and is healing.

When in a wheelchair she always wanted to push me around and take me for a walks and be of service. I don't find very many people that accept me because of the stigma of being mentally ill.

It is extremely beneficial to the psychological condition to be around her. Also, she is an atheist, but she is so kind that I would consider her a better Christian than most Christians.

Our lord said "I was hungry and you gave me to eat.... What you did for the least of my people you did for me, come have your Eternal reward".

Experiencing her charity for a "leper" is more healing than medication and therapy.

She also wants to go to the gym with me and be my personal trainer and give free hair cuts.

I believe in miracles. This atheist was more helpful and healing than Christians. Imagine that! She's working a miracle for me and she doesn't even believe in God.

What motivates her to want to be around this "sick leper" and be so charitable? She has the spirit of God working through her, no doubt. God would never burn such a charitable Angel.

Your friend does sound kind and wonderful. There is no doubt about that.

But the Khmer Rouge - Wikipedia was an atheistic government. An exert from Ideology:

Democratic Kampuchea was an atheist state, but Buddhist influences still persisted.[10] All religions were banned, and the repression of adherents of Islam,[11] Christianity,[12] and Buddhism was extensive. Nearly 25,000 Buddhist monks were massacred by the regime.[13]

Democratic Kampuchea - Wikipedia

The same atheistic mind set you believe is bringing you kindness, is responsible for all of her pain. Just saying.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The same atheistic mind set you believe is bringing you kindness, is responsible for all of her pain. Just saying.

Kind of like how yours is the "same christian mind" that's responsible for the crusades, inquisitions, witch trials, slavery, segregation, blowing up women's clinics, driving LGBT kids to suicide or outright murdering them, picketing their funerals, etc.?

Of course, we know that such logic is bull****, don't we? And this isn't the sort of thread for this, anyway.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Kind of like how yours is the "same christian mind" that's responsible for the crusades, inquisitions, slavery, segregation, blowing up women's clinics, driving LGBT kids to suicide or outright murdering them, picketing their funerals, etc.?

Of course, we know that such logic is bull****, don't we? And this isn't the sort of thread for this, anyway.

As I've said before. No better or no worse. It's what's in someone's heart that drives them. Not the ideology itself. Popeadope thinks because she is athiest is why she is kind. That is not the reason. She is kind because she had kindness in her heart. The atheists or thiest that murder, rape, and torture do so because they have evil in their hearts.

As lewisnotmiller said,

Well...both your friend and the Khmer Rouge who killed her grandparents are (probably) atheists. So congratulations, you now have a deep understanding of how varied people's opinions of life can be beneath the atheist 'umbrella'. Some people never get this understanding.

The same umbrella applies to all. This is something some atheists don't understand.

Grandliseur

View attachment 20105

Well, to say it in one way, "you have been blessed, have been given a gift."

You are both surprisingly young. You both look like nice good-looking people. It is a wonder though that gravity doesn't make you fall since your picture shows you sideways.:)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well, to say it in one way, "you have been blessed, have been given a gift."
Please if you could be so kind as to say a short prayer that I don't screw this up... maybe I'm supposed to share the faith....as I have.... But as Saint Francis of Assisi says, we shall preached the gospel always and sometimes use words

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Your friend does sound kind and wonderful. There is no doubt about that.

But the Khmer Rouge - Wikipedia was an atheistic government. An exert from Ideology:

Democratic Kampuchea was an atheist state, but Buddhist influences still persisted.[10] All religions were banned, and the repression of adherents of Islam,[11] Christianity,[12] and Buddhism was extensive. Nearly 25,000 Buddhist monks were massacred by the regime.[13]

Democratic Kampuchea - Wikipedia

I know about the Khmer Rouge. Of course they were atheist. My point is, this atheist is a better Christian than most Christians.
Jesus Christ said the entire law is summed up in love. She keeps the law. Christians are too busy arguing over dogma, and forgetting about the most important commandment.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I know about the Khmer Rouge. Of course they were atheist. My point is, this atheist is a better Christian than most Christians.
Jesus Christ said the entire law is summed up in love. She keeps the law. Christians are too busy arguing over dogma, and forgetting about the most important commandment.

True dat. She seems like an awesome person. Cherish her friendship, because they are diamonds in the rough nowadays.

Phantasman

View attachment 20105

Matthew:
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Luke:
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Just because a person says they are a Christian means nothing. Just because a person says they are an atheist means nothing.

God see's the heart of each, by the two (and many) messages given above.

Love appears in many ways, and love is of God. It is better to work the will of God not seeing him, than to see him and not perform the works of love, IMO.

Jeremiah Ames

Kind of like how yours is the "same christian mind" that's responsible for the crusades, inquisitions, witch trials, slavery, segregation, blowing up women's clinics, driving LGBT kids to suicide or outright murdering them, picketing their funerals, etc.?

The God of the universe is pure love.

No hate. No condemnation. No murder. No eternal torment.
No smoting of enemies. No evil.

The “Christian mind” and the non Christian mind are no different.
There is evil and good in both. Jesus said

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Do you believe the Christian churches are populated by “only a few”?

Grandliseur

Please if you could be so kind as to say a short prayer that I don't screw this up... maybe I'm supposed to share the faith....as I have.... But as Saint Francis of Assisi says, we shall preached the gospel always and sometimes use words
Sure. But, just be nice and never pushy. My wife, though Christian, could never take my conversations on math, physics, or religion. I had to keep the subject sweet and to the point. Make sure you have things that bind you together other than the physical. (sorry for saying this) Walks in nature, book reading, good food, even sports, badminton, or whatever, playing cards, listening to music. Also, if you live together, be sure you assist with the chores, laundry, making food, or shopping, something that balances the scales.

Sorry for being parental, but make sure that each has a little pocket money that is his or hers to do with as that person wants to, that is - besides the common budget.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Matthew:
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Luke:
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Just because a person says they are a Christian means nothing. Just because a person says they are an atheist means nothing.

God see's the heart of each, by the two (and many) messages given above.

Love appears in many ways, and love is of God. It is better to work the will of God not seeing him, than to see him and not perform the works of love, IMO.
Amen! Preach it!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Sure. But, just be nice and never pushy. My wife, though Christian, could never take my conversations on math, physics, or religion. I had to keep the subject sweet and to the point. Make sure you have things that bind you together other than the physical. (sorry for saying this) Walks in nature, book reading, good food, even sports, badminton, or whatever, playing cards, listening to music. Also, if you live together, be sure you assist with the chores, laundry, making food, or shopping, something that balances the scales.

Sorry for being parental, but make sure that each has a little pocket money that is his or hers to do with as that person wants to, that is - besides the common budget.
She did offer to let me live with her. But am going to wait till I'm more stable and make more money before considering something like that. ... for now we are good friends. That is very healing and helpful.

suncowiam

I once dated a Christian girl. Being an atheist, she dumped me when she realized I would never convert. Well, I guess I'm an atheist that is definitely not better than a Christian. It worked out for the best.

Oh, I hate Communism too. Much for the same reasons as your friend.

I'm happy for you. :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It's just an important lesson to learn that God can work through an atheist more effectively than someone who has all the right Dogma. Dogma needs to be flushed. It gets in the way of charity and divides people and complicates everything