• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

atheism and death

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There was no provoking God, that's silly.

God has no beginning nor end. God has always has been and always will be.
From everlasting to everlasting.

All tho of course you have people with no understanding or knowledge.

You do of course have evidence to back of these forthright statements?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Nonexistence . . . doesn't exist.

On the atomic scale you are correct, on the quantum scale particles pop out of nonexistence all the time.

And this only applies to out known universe, what happened before the BB is unknown

Reactions: Jos

ChristineM

Premium Member
Sure I have, but then are you willing to accept what the Bible/scriptures have to say about it.

If not, then it would be useless to proceed any further.

Have you looked the definition of evidence?

Do you have any peer reviewed papers to say the bible is an historically accurate book?

Faithofchristian

Have you looked the definition of evidence?

Do you have any peer reviewed papers to say the bible is an historically accurate book?

As I don't need man's evidence in papers.

All I need as a Christian is the bible/scriptures, if you can't handle that, that's no fault of mine.

ChristineM

Premium Member
As I don't need man's evidence in papers.

All I need as a Christian is the bible/scriptures, if you can't handle that, that's no fault of mine.

Your choice however making definitive statements without evidence to back them up does your cause no good whatsoever.

What is a far more honest approach is to say something along the lines of "it is my belief that...."

Jos

Note also this shall happen again, just before the tribulation that is soon to come upon all the world,
That the fallen angels shall come to mate with physical brings. To produce hybrid beings again.
Why is this gonna happen again?
Until he begun to think that he wanted to be God and sat on the Throne of God, showing himself that he is God.
Satan becoming evil had to come from somewhere... there had to be a cause for him becoming evil or else that just happened randomly.
There was no provoking God, that's silly.

God has no beginning nor end. God has always has been and always will be.
From everlasting to everlasting.

All tho of course you have people with no understanding or knowledge.
Why did God create humans then?

Jos

I suspect there maybe multiple life experiences because I have some memories of having experienced other lives.
What are some of those experiences if you don't mind me asking? Do you believe that we've all gone through reincarnation and if so, why?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What are some of those experiences if you don't mind me asking? Do you believe that we've all gone through reincarnation and if so, why?

Weird things. Three death experiences which seem like real memories, but even real memories are often unreliable. I remember being a virgin sacrifice. I remember not being frightened. It was an honor to take the messages from my people to the Gods where I believed I would continue to exist is service to the Gods. The weird thing was the method of sacrifice. I was placed between two large square heavy stones like a press. The top stone was released and I was squashed flat. I didn't feel any pain but I felt myself lifting up away from my body feeling very happy about my new life among the Gods.

Don't remember anything after that. Also I tried searching for information on this method of sacrifice, never found anything like it.

I remember being pushed off of a building, I remember being tied up in the back of a car while the two people in front were arguing. They weren't paying attention and hit something.

I also remember starving in Ireland. Just not enough details to identify an actual historical individual.

They just feel like real memories. Nothing to prove that they are.

I've read stories about people who have been able to identify their memories with an actual historical individual. Interesting but I can't really vouch for any of it.

Faithofchristian

Why is this gonna happen again?

Satan becoming evil had to come from somewhere... there had to be a cause for him becoming evil or else that just happened randomly.

Why did God create humans then?

Why did God created humans, to learn what man should haved learned the first time.
Now do you know where you came from and why your here on earth.
My guess would be that you haven't a clue or idea why people are here on earth or who people were before people came to be of flesh and blood human beings.

Jos

Weird things. Three death experiences which seem like real memories, but even real memories are often unreliable. I remember being a virgin sacrifice. I remember not being frightened. It was an honor to take the messages from my people to the Gods where I believed I would continue to exist is service to the Gods. The weird thing was the method of sacrifice. I was placed between two large square heavy stones like a press. The top stone was released and I was squashed flat. I didn't feel any pain but I felt myself lifting up away from my body feeling very happy about my new life among the Gods.

Don't remember anything after that. Also I tried searching for information on this method of sacrifice, never found anything like it.

I remember being pushed off of a building, I remember being tied up in the back of a car while the two people in front were arguing. They weren't paying attention and hit something.

I also remember starving in Ireland. Just not enough details to identify an actual historical individual.

They just feel like real memories. Nothing to prove that they are.

I've read stories about people who have been able to identify their memories with an actual historical individual. Interesting but I can't really vouch for any of it.
Wow interesting, do you believe all humans have had past lives?

Jos

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Wow interesting, do you believe all humans have had past lives?

No, not really. I found so many claims about what happens when we die, mostly inconsistent which each other, untestable, just claims. However, I can understand why someone would believe because of my own experience. While I remain open to many possibilities, I really personally need more to go on to invest much belief in the idea.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You do of course have evidence to back of these forthright statements?

I gots my feelings. (sarcasm)
Not that I'm judging, I've been there. I suppose I've found enough reason to not trust my feelings alone.

Often we have nothing but feelings to go by, Without enough information to make an "informed" decision you often are left to go with what you feel is right.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I gots my feelings. (sarcasm)
Not that I'm judging, I've been there. I suppose I've found enough reason to not trust my feelings alone.

Often we have nothing but feelings to go by, Without enough information to make an "informed" decision you often are left to go with what you feel is right.

And that is faith.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
suppose atheism is correct and there is no god. what happens when we die?
Supposing what you say, consciousness is generated by the physical brain, so at death: poof. No more consciousness, no more mind, no more self.

I reject this view because it seems to me consciousness is not physical. Merely declaring it to be an illusion created by the brain or an emergent property of matter; these arguments are not convincing. Therefore, dualism is correct, and there is a spiritual realm apart from the physical realm containing at least consciousness and its contents (thoughts, ideas, feelings, sense of self, etc).