• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At least 4 police fatally shot in Dallas

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
According to CNN about an hour ago, it appears to be the action of one man who is black and who was angry over the killing of blacks by police, plus some other statements that fit into that general paradigm.

Spideymon77

A Smiling Empty Soul
According to CNN about an hour ago, it appears to be the action of one man who is black and who was angry over the killing of blacks by police, plus some other statements that fit into that general paradigm.

Oh, well that sucks. You shouldn't be shooting police just because OTHER police officers are corrupted. That doesn't make any sense...
That's like me wanting to beat up every "blonde haired person" just because "my bully in high school" was also "blonde haired". See how stupid that sounds? Replace "blonde haired person" with "police officer" and "my bully in high school" with "shot and killed someone from my own race", you'll then get what i'm saying.

roger1440

I do stuff
"Angry", that's putting it mildly. No holds barred, he was an outright nut case.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Warning!
Idle speculation to follow....

It occurred to me that the snipers could very well be ISIS related.
Sure, sure, racist cop hating black guys are likely candidates too, but consider....
ISIS wants to sow discord & carnage here.
Creating a wedge between cops & black folk would be a powerful way to leverage their efforts.

roger1440

I do stuff
Armed protests have been a common thing historically. Not always resulting in gunfire.
In Texas a person can carry a registered rifle in public. Judging from the hundreds upon hundreds of protesters I seen running in Dallas it doesn’t seem to be all that common to carry a rifle. Only one person was suspected of being involved in the shooting that had participated in the protest. He was carrying a rifle. That suspicion was quickly dismissed after investigation. This was meant to be a peaceful protest. It’s another story if the KKK was on one side of the street and black folks on the other side. Them folks don’t get along very well, LOL.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Anybody see a response from #BLM?
I certainly hope that they denounce this and distance themselves from the killer as publicly and vehemently and soon as possible.
Tom
I an certain they will denounce the Dallas shootings. But just by their name alone, they are furthering the emotion of a racial division in the country to which the few nut-jobs will overreact.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yeah, right.
rolleyes.gif

330px-Lynching-1889.jpg
300px-Lynching_of_Laura_Nelson%2C_May_1911.jpg
330px-Lynching_of_Redmond%2C_Roberson_and_Addison.jpg
lossless-page1-330px-Lynching_of_six_African-Americans_in_Lee_County%2C_GA%2C_20_Jan_1916.tiff.png

I'm pretty sure none of those pictures were taken recently. And you may want to put up a spoiler alert on them, given the nature of the photos.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Warning!
Idle speculation to follow....

It occurred to me that the snipers could very well be ISIS related.

Heh
If you read the comment section of the LA times article, you will find a large batch of people speculating that Hillary Clinton and Obama arranged the murders to take the news media away from the email scandal. :)
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Heh
If you read the comment section of the LA times article, you will find a large batch of people speculating that Hillary Clinton and Obama arranged the murders to take the news media away from the email scandal. :)
Tom
I find that a far less likely scenario.
But Bush.....could he be involved?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
My money is on Dubya.
Well, his father is a more accomplished mass murderer. And better acquainted with stealthy sculldugery, what with his CIA training and all.
Jeb! has more current political ambitions so he might benefit more directly. Who knows?
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, his father is a more accomplished mass murderer. And better acquainted with stealthy sculldugery, what with his CIA training and all.
Jeb! has more current political ambitions so he might benefit more directly. Who knows?
Tom
Anyway, with news media playing up the racial hatred angle, I expect things to not improve.