• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astral Projection

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
first of all let me add that my English is not that good so I guess ,unfortunately ,I sometimes sound stupid !! I really try to find the good words to say what I want to say And I hope I transfer my points. So sorry for my mistakes...

Your English is good, and this is the best thread I've seen yet on RF, real spirituality, so Frubals. :D

other-side

Soul separator
To my horror the entire room was spinning in the darkness and making me dizzy. As the darkness around me was spinning...

Well I,m not sure but it sounds that the last part was the ending of a projection. Perhaps the first part was a dream made by your subconscious and because the intense fear you had, the dream was cut and you projectable double tried to return to your body and suddenly you partly became conscious of this returning.
when you realized the returning of the projectable double and because you didn't have much control on it (just like my first experience) you started to spin and return back.

high pitched voices were screaming that I never had to enter there again.

That shows you were really in the projection part! Hearing high volume noises is on of the characteristics of exiting (in the beginning) or returning back. take a look at this part of the Astral Dynamics book:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fear — produced by unexpected or heavy exit sensations,by unexplainable astral noises and voices, or simply by exposure to the out-of-body environment — represents a significant barrier to OBE.

Please do not expect this to happen when you first get out of your body. Worrying about this could easily cause your own subconscious mind to manifest it.
I think this is what happens in most cases, considering the sensitive out-of-body environment and the effect that fear can have on it. The dweller can happen in a great many variations, but is usually a combination or variation of the following: Immediately after exit, you find a shadowy,menacing humanoid shape, usually all featureless black with burning red eyes. It may just stand there motionless, or it may take a few steps forward and make threatening gestures. It may be silent or may breathe heavily and loudly. It may snarl, growl, giggle, or laugh. It may even speak and order you back into your body, often by name. It may threaten you with doom and gloom if you continue with your projection. The classic dweller monster never attacks or harms a projector.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Falling made the separation happen spontaneously, perhaps as it was no longer being hindered by whatever kept me from succeeding, an unexpected surprise.
exactly that was the thing that simulated projecting and made your projectable double exit!

None, no details. I know I dream, as I have REM and get awakened on occasion by what I assume are nightmares, but the content is a mystery.
you mentioned you have The REM phase so surly you have dreams but perhaps most of them stores in you subconscious so your conscious can't reach the memories that easily.
I suggest you write your dreams even if it's a word.even if you remember nothing(which is not true!) try to write keywords.for example write fear,darkness etc.ask yourself:what did I see?who did I see?write your feelings just write something! That will tame your subconscious to transfer more memories to your conscious next time you return to your body!

had been suffering for days with what might be called nowadays 'night terrors' as I'd have nightmares of falling or monsters or other vivid nightmares to the point I didn't want to go to sleep.

Those are the dreams I exactly saw when i was a child!
Unfortunately I still have night terrors ! I expected them to finish in my childhood but they have rooted in my adult age and further!It really hurts and sometime they make me crazy! I see black shadows in my room and scream in fear.Usually I wake up seeing myself screaming fro nothing while i have intense fear!Hope I can get out of it coz it's really annoying.

Ever since, I've not remembered very much at all from dreams, but the nightmares stopped. It was some kind of mental defense mechanism.

It sounds your subconscious scared your conscious with such a dream!yep perhaps its a defense mechanism and that's why you don't remember much.That's why I say your conscious is scared! after that your subconscious started to have most of the Shadow memories and you conscious came out with nothing! try to condole with it and send signals to your subconscious, to show it you want your dreams!!!
writing them ,even keywords, is the first step.after a while you will have long vivid dreams back in your conscious!!:D

Your astral 'universe' is what you make of it, pretty much unhindered by outside influences. Eventually you are able to venture outside your own little 'construct' into regions that are not controlled by you, but even there you will only see what you are prepared to see, ready to see.

Yep its somehow made by myself! That was the point YmirGF gave!I should try to get out of my own creation to improve my skills.and your right in other realms we can see what we are prepared to see.
Personally I am unsure whether or not the Astral is the true spiritual realm or a intermediary realm between the physical and spiritual, but I feel it may be more complex than that simple division.

me too!:areyoucra it's really not that easy to say what it is.I guess it has other realms inside it that's why it has lower astral or upper astral! anyway I agree with Robert Bruce on this,it sounds more logical:
I call the nonphysical dimensional level closest to the physical universe the real-time zone. This is, naturally, the dimensional level the vast majority of projectors find themselves in when they first project out of body. The real-time zone can best be thought of as a buffer zone or intermediary area dividing the physical universe from the astral dimension proper. It shares some properties of the physical universe (a direct and objective real-time reflection of reality) and some properties of the astral dimension (a fluid, nonphysical environment).

The astral dimension is the next closest of the unseen dimensions to the physical universe. The astral flows from the real-time zone, but is best thought of as being completely separate from it. It is divided into seven major levels or planes, each containing many subplanes and internal realms. The astral dimension spans the universe, but for all intents and purposes is totally nonspatial.
The astral dimension does not overlay the physical universe as precisely as the real-time zone does, especially at its higher levels, but it occupies the same space nevertheless.
Your English is good, and this is the best thread I've seen yet on RF, real spirituality, so Frubals.
Thanks friend.Happy to make a good thread on RF.:)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Deep in sleep, i dream't that I was on a pirate ship, only everything was a stage, and me and others were playing the part of pirates. Another pirate approached me. At this time I unsheathed my sword and ran him through to the hilt. Pulling out my sword I watched as he bled out across the deck. All of the sudden I was flying at incredible speed, and the I woke up.

To my horror the entire room was spinning in the darkness and making me dizzy. As the darkness around me was spinning, high pitched voices were screaming that I never had to enter there again. Then, to my relief, it all stopped.

Was this event at all related to projection? Any info would be helpful.
Due to your telling us of an existing mental illness that you take medication for, I am somewhat wary of offering an opinion as to what this might be without knowing you very well. Since that is not possible, I thought I would mention a more peculiar aspect of dreaming instead.

I do not see this as a projection. I perceive the flight back to your body to be a delayed reaction to killing the pirate. Mentally, you recoiled very rapidly and found yourself awakening. What should not be ignored is that there can be a intermediary stage akin to dozing off into sleep when you awaken. Under normal conditions it can take the average Joe a few minutes to become fully awake. This is an especially "pliable" period again, under normal conditions. When one awakens "with a start" or wakes up very quickly on their own, the conscious mind can drag part of the dream state with it. My guess is that you were still dreaming, though becoming awake and the voices you were hearing were the pirates back on the ship. To clarify, the conscious mind is not fully in control at such moments and the residue from the preceding dream remains at the forefront of awareness.

I hope this is of some help.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
True, I think the only reason it happened at all was I was doing my self-hypnosis techniques to project up until a minute before. Falling made the separation happen spontaneously, perhaps as it was no longer being hindered by whatever kept me from succeeding, an unexpected surprise.
Actually Zardoz, as you discovered, a traumatic physical event can indeed precipitate this kind of experience.

Alas a diary will not help, I can remember no dreams at all. None, no details. I know I dream, as I have REM and get awakened on occasion by what I assume are nightmares, but the content is a mystery.
I have a suggestion. Stop telling yourself that you cannot remember your dreams. Do you mind if I ask if you are fearful of many things in real life?

The last dream I remember is my lucid dream. I was maybe five, maybe younger. It's one of my earliest memories. I had been suffering for days with what might be called nowadays 'night terrors' as I'd have nightmares of falling or monsters or other vivid nightmares to the point I didn't want to go to sleep. Well, one night I had a dream that was not a nightmare... except I suddenly realized I was dreaming. In the dream I was at my grandmothers house with many relatives, and for some reason I knew I had to not let them know I knew it was a dream. Or bad things would happen. Things got very freaky very fast and soon I locked myself in the bathroom, in fear like I'd not known before in dreams. Because, I feared the only way I could be 'stuck' in a dream was because I had died in my sleep. Scary stuff for a little kid. I tried many methods to try to 'wake' myself, with a commotion outside the door getting worse. Finally, blinking my eyes hard did the 'trick' and I woke up. Similar to my projection, eh? One thing I learned is I dream not in color or in B&W but in sepia-tone.
If you don't mind me saying so, that is very interesting and I can understand partly why you would not be inclined to try to remember your dreams. For the present, what I would recommend is that you write a short story for the little boy in your dream where everything works out and everyone lives happily ever after. In effect, consciously rewrite the dream but reinforce the idea of safety and security. My thinking is that your anxiety developed when you were very young and that you have never resolved it. In essence, the child is still frightened and is still in need of an emotional hug. :hug:

Ever since, I've not remembered very much at all from dreams, but the nightmares stopped. It was some kind of mental defense mechanism.
I would say that that is a safe assumption. :D I guess the real question is if you have the desire to open what may be Pandora's box, then again it could be a box of luscious chocolates.
and now... since it is 2:39am I really should go to bed......... :thud:

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I would say that that is a safe assumption. :D I guess the real question is if you have the desire to open what may be Pandora's box, then again it could be a box of luscious chocolates.

I think you're right. For years and years I didn't dream. Then after some psychotherapy I began to dream -the same dream over and over again in different forms. I didn't get a box of chocolates :) - but the more I relaxed in myself the better I felt and this reflected in my dreaming. I now have (almost :D) normal dreams

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I think you're right. For years and years I didn't dream. Then after some psychotherapy I began to dream -the same dream over and over again in different forms. I didn't get a box of chocolates :) - but the more I relaxed in myself the better I felt and this reflected in my dreaming. I now have (almost :D) normal dreams
Thank you, Stephen. Your post encapsulates exactly my intent to Zardoz. The point is that initially such an undertaking may not be especially pleasant, but in time, things should work out for the better. The whole exercise is about healing the past, in the present, for future well-being and indeed might take the help of a counselor to achieve this safely.

Just as a side note, all this stuff on dreams, beliefs, dealing with fears, etc may seem unrelated to the OP, but frankly they are more relevant than people might expect.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member

Thanks friend.Happy to make a good thread on RF.:)

It's nice to find a thread where people of all kinds of backgrounds are sharing about something truly interesting instead of political or religious bickering or science Vs. faith arguments. What ever gets accomplished by such angry posts? Not much. Better to explore the mysteries than debate differences, any day. :yes:

Thank you for the suggestions, I will record my feelings about the dreams even if I have no details. However, this may take a while and I may need to look into other techniques to assist my efforts to LD. Returning to a LD is likely important to my efforts of projection. The suggestion of 'testing' reality often to verify if I'm awake or not may be more effective. Or other methods may exist. I know my nephew, when he was unemployed, slept a lot. Out of boredom, mostly, but during these periods of excess sleep he found himself in LD a lot. Maybe because he was not really tired he had more awareness? I can't sleep like that, with job and such, but if that method worked maybe there are others.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
...I have a suggestion. Stop telling yourself that you cannot remember your dreams. Do you mind if I ask if you are fearful of many things in real life?

If you don't mind me saying so, that is very interesting and I can understand partly why you would not be inclined to try to remember your dreams. For the present, what I would recommend is that you write a short story for the little boy in your dream where everything works out and everyone lives happily ever after. In effect, consciously rewrite the dream but reinforce the idea of safety and security. My thinking is that your anxiety developed when you were very young and that you have never resolved it. In essence, the child is still frightened and is still in need of an emotional hug.

No, I'm not that fearful in RL.

As I explained in my dream, I was among relatives, not really a fearful situation and if the dream had not become a LD nothing nightmarish would have probably happened, as I had similar dreams to that before. It was likely the freakish nature of the LD itself that caused my panic, as I realized the 'relatives' in my dream were not really my 'relatives' so what were they? I was too young to see them as mere figments of my imagination, they 'had' to be monsters in disguise.

Since the mental blocks have been up for such a long time, I seek a way around them rather than direct assault. A good LD as an adult with an adult's judgment may unlock the 'door' closed for so long.

Last edited:

other-side

Soul separator
It's nice to find a thread where people of all kinds of backgrounds are sharing about something truly interesting instead of political or religious bickering or science Vs. faith arguments.

Exactly! those arguments have no results when trying to learn something noticeable!

Better to explore the mysteries than debate differences, any day. :yes:
loved this:camp:

However, this may take a while and I may need to look into other techniques to assist my efforts to LD.
Yep this will take time show results but is one of the best ones. Doing the reality check is easier but it will only work if you do it daily. I sometimes do this: Write the question on your mobile and put it on the background,you can do this with Your PC too! whenever you pick your cell phone you will be asked this question automatically:D

I know my nephew, when he was unemployed, slept a lot. Out of boredom, mostly, but during these periods of excess sleep he found himself in LD a lot. Maybe because he was not really tired he had more awareness?

that's true.If you sleep a lot you will have the chance to get longer REMs! and the next reason is what you said. the conscious will be more aware because it's not really tired:p

other-side

Soul separator
some good points from the book:
How to have them and what to expect (Robert Peterson):
Daily Visualizations

Much of the occult literature concerning out-of-body experiences claims that we leave our bodies every night during sleep, but we usually are not conscious during these nightly excursions. Usually the OBE only happens after our consciousness has been disabled. But sometimes something goes wrong with the process and a piece of our conscious self retains awareness during the separation. At those times, we often "wake up" abruptly with a jolt before we are fully asleep.
One of the "tricks" to having out-of-body experiences is getting your subconscious mind to wake you up after you are out of your body. Quite simply, if you can influence your subconscious mind to reinstate your conscious awareness once the process of separation is complete, you will have fully conscious OBEs.
There are several approaches to influencing the subconscious mind. In previous exercises, we used affirmations and prayers to influence the subconscious mind (and influence other things as well.)
Hypnosis is another excellent approach. Early studies in hypnosis showed a lot of promise in inducing OBEs. Unfortunately, there have been very few experiments in this area to the best of my knowledge, and the literature is scarce.
There are several audio hypnosis tapes available for inducing OBEs. I'm fairly resistant to hypnosis, so I haven't had any results using these tapes; The closest I've experienced was remote viewing which, I think, isn't nearly as fun as astral projection.
Another way to influence the subconscious is through concentrated visualizations, done frequently throughout the day. Any visualization that is OBE-related is good.

Here are a few I use:
1. Visualize yourself flying over valleys, seas, planes.
2. Visualize yourself shooting out away from your body.
3. Visualize yourself floating.
Sit down and visualize that you take a step back and stand up so that you are looking down at the
back of your head. Then think to yourself, "That's not me. That's just a shell."
Practice holding onto visualizations as long as you can. See how "real" you can make the visualization.
These skills are very valuable for learning OBEs.

P.S. Prayer

Many people from all walks of life believe that we have spiritual guides or guardians of some sort.
Christians call them Guardian Angels. Zoroastrians call them the Fervashi. Spiritualists call them spirit guides. Whatever you call them, they can hear our silent thoughts and prayers, and they can help us in many ways. They can even help us have OBEs.
Since our guides are here to help us spiritually, this exercise is to pray to your guides to help you have OBEs. I can't tell you what to pray, but I can give you an example which I sometimes use:
I pray to God, the All That Is, and to my guides, helpers and any other benevolent beings, to please help me achieve my goal of exploring consciously while out of my body. Help me leave my body and become conscious and in return, I will do my best to become more spiritual, and help you with your goals of guidance.

:)

other-side

Soul separator
another way to induce an AP is using the Binaural Beats. Binaural beats or binaural tones are auditory processing artifacts, or apparent sounds, the perception of which arises in the brain independent of physical stimuli. This effect was discovered in 1839 by Heinrich Wilhelm Dove.(Binaural beats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

One of those companies that produce these Binaural Beats is I-doser.
You can Download The Astral projection Beat for inducing an AP here:
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
It's 44 Mb but I can give another way to download all the 172 Doses with smaller file size but it's a little complicated(If someone asks I will talk about it!)
It works like this:
-get in a horizontal position
-Relax
- Listen to the dose with a Headphone

This method does not work for everyone but it's worth of a try!
I personally get in to the trance state with this dose but I prefer to AP with my own method :D
Have fun

cardero

Citizen Mod
YmirGF and other-side, what are the differences between Astral Projections and Remote Viewing? What are the similarities?

Last edited:

other-side

Soul separator
remote viewing is viewing of a location or person at the present time through your mind. this is a psychic ability.
Astral projection and remote viewing are similar in that they both provide information concerning spatially distant realities. They are different, however, in that astral projection, unlike remote viewing, incorporates disengagement of the astral body from the physical and usually includes a much wider range of experiences. Once you have developed your remote viewing abilities, astral projection is much easier to master.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
...It's 44 Mb but I can give another way to download all the 172 Doses with smaller file size but it's a little complicated(If someone asks I will talk about it!)
It works like this:
-get in a horizontal position
-Relax
- Listen to the dose with a Headphone

Awesome! :D

Do elaborate! These links are amazing, NOTHING like this even existed back in the early 70's when I was first involved! Back then you only had occult-type books or books that explored the phenomenon itself like 'Case Book of Astral Projection, 545-746', by Dr. Robert Crookall Not really very many instructional books with AP techniques. Self-hypnosis was the main method and if you were resistant to that, as I am, you were out of luck for the most part.

Last edited: