• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask your questions about God here.

TruthaboutGod

Prove it.
Well never mind, it CANNOT be "PROVEN."

However, you can present the sources that lead you to the personal opinion you state above.

Although I do not understand what you are asking me to prove,(That God does not belong to a religious group?) remember I am to convey, not convince. By asking me to prove something, you are asking me to convince you of something. This would be like me asking you to prove love exists, or to prove that you as a human can actually "think". So I would ask you, prove to me that a "thought" exists.

I cannot present a source(s), as I did not present a personal opinion.

MEMNOCK

Spiritual Tour Guide
Why can't most people understand that God is not found in any religion, but within their own soul?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Truthaboutgod,
When Truth itself is god; what to ask,
All questions are are answeres unto itself as this one.
Love & rgds

~Amin~

God is the King
When you say, “I am stating that there is not more than one”, did you set out to count and, spotting only one God, conclude there is only one?
If we accept that theres a God and revalation then that means
that God gives His creation a description of Himself, That description
since the time of Adam till Muhammad has been that He is One,
He is unique in His Essence, Acts, and Attributes. so to liken Him to his creation
an object or whatever is illogical.

~Amin~

God is the King
how far can god look into the future
For us to know that God can see from know till we(with God's will)
will be admitted to paradise or incarcerated in Hell is sufficient,
though we DO not limit it to this alone.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
If we accept that theres a God and revalation then that means
that God gives His creation a description of Himself, That description
since the time of Adam till Muhammad has been that He is One,
He is unique in His Essence, Acts, and Attributes. so to liken Him to his creation
an object or whatever is illogical.
God has given a description of Himself in the famous Hindu scripture Bhagavad-Gita, wherein He displays Himself as not only One but also as Many. By this we understand that God is the summum bonum of existence. I of course would not find it contradictory if God describes Himself differently in other scriptures. For what we get as descriptions are the forms that God puts on, and the intents that He effects – after all He is running His creation, is He not? But when He is not running his creation (as in His state before creation, for example) then we would get Him in His true state – beyond all descriptions. Therefore all descriptions of, say, Allah are only proof that the Allah spoken of is a limited Allah – the Allah in the role of running his creation. Allah absolute would be indescribable.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
No it does not.
Yes it in fact does.
Your denial of truth does not undo the truth.

No, I am stating that there is not more then One. You cannot "reduce" God.
Again, prove it.
But alas, you cannot.

However, you can present the sources that lead you to the personal opinion you state above.

Although I do not understand what you are asking me to prove,(That God does not belong to a religious group?) remember I am to convey, not convince. By asking me to prove something, you are asking me to convince you of something. This would be like me asking you to prove love exists, or to prove that you as a human can actually "think". So I would ask you, prove to me that a "thought" exists.
Convey what exactly?
You talk a lot yet present nothing as for the source of your opinion.
In fact, I will once again flat out state that you have yet to present anything other your personal opinions of God.

I cannot present a source(s), as I did not present a personal opinion.

ALL you have PRESENTED has been NOTHING BUT personal opinion.
If you will not offer up the source for your opinions, which you attempt to present as fact, then you leave your source open to be whatever anyone else wants to use to fill in the gap....

Why should anyone listen to anything you "convey" when you have nothing (and according to you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING) to back up anything you say?

TruthaboutGod

Yes it in fact does.
Your denial of truth does not undo the truth.

Again, prove it.
But alas, you cannot.

Convey what exactly?
You talk a lot yet present nothing as for the source of your opinion.
In fact, I will once again flat out state that you have yet to present anything other your personal opinions of God.

ALL you have PRESENTED has been NOTHING BUT personal opinion.
If you will not offer up the source for your opinions, which you attempt to present as fact, then you leave your source open to be whatever anyone else wants to use to fill in the gap....

Why should anyone listen to anything you "convey" when you have nothing (and according to you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING) to back up anything you say?

You asked a question, I gave you the answer. Yet for some reason you feel it is my fault that you are unwilling to accept the answer. Why did you ask the question, and if you think that I am only stating my opinion, why are you here?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You asked a question, I gave you the answer.
"No it does not" #300
Is not an answer to to post #297, it is a non-answer reply.
However, if you would like to try again, please feel free.

Yet for some reason you feel it is my fault that you are unwilling to accept the answer.
Nice try, but you did not answer the question.
You merely replied to it.
Let us try the question again:
"All this opinion presented as fact....
But then that just merely reinforces that God is unknowable...doesn't it?"#297
Your non-answer reply "no it doesn't" #300 is to generic and vague to be of any use.
Thus making it a non-answer reply.

Why did you ask the question, and if you think that I am only stating my opinion, why are you here?
I asked a semi rhetorical question.
You gave a non-answer reply.
The fact is that you present nothing but your opinion.
I stated the fact for what it is.
Your opinions are nothing more than your opinions.
It matters not how many or who agrees with your opinions, your opinions remain your opinions.

To make things even more interesting is that you claim your opinion as fact.
Then you claim there is no source for your opinions to be based upon.

Thus far all I have done is shown your opinions to be merely opinions.
It is not my fault that you will not present anything to support your opinion.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to actually answer the question:
"All this opinion presented as fact....
But then that just merely reinforces that God is unknowable...doesn't it?"#297
Or is it your ploy to merely play martyr?

TruthaboutGod

You feel a reply to your question is not an answer? Again, you need to go back and read the very first post. I am here to convey, not convince, by you asking me to prove something, you are asking me to convince you. Instaed of asking a question, you are playing games. As such I would ask you a question, does your brain "think"? Make sure you can provide proof.(No, an energy discharge does not count)

~Amin~

God is the King
God has given a description of Himself in the famous Hindu scripture Bhagavad-Gita, wherein He displays Himself as not only One but also as Many. By this we understand that God is the summum bonum of existence.
NO
"There is only ONE God, worship Him"(Rig Veda, vol. 6, Hymn 45 vs16)
"Do not worship anyone besides Him"(Rig Veda Bk. 8, Hym 1, vs 1)
""God is only ONE, - NOT a SECOND"(Chandogya Upanishad ch. 6, section 2, verse 1).
"na tasya pratima asti "There is NO image of Him"Yajur veda( 32,3).

Old Testament.
"Hear o Israel: The Lord our God is ONE.
Deuteronomy 6 verse 4,5,6.

New Testament
And Jesus answered him, The FIRST of ALL COMMANDMENTS is
Hear O Israel; The Lord our God is ONE Lord.
Mark 12,29.

Qur'an
Say i am only a human being like you. It is REVEALED to me that
your God is ONE. Surah 40verse 6.
I of course would not find it contradictory if God describes Himself differently in other scriptures.

Its IMPOSSIBLE for God to reveal His Identity in different ways, forms etc.
it would be a CLEAR contradiction.
For what we get as descriptions are the forms that God puts on, and the intents that He effects – after all He is running His creation, is He not?
Sorry this doesn't make sense to me.
But when He is not running his creation (as in His state before creation, for example) then we would get Him in His true state – beyond all descriptions. Therefore all descriptions of, say, Allah are only proof that the Allah spoken of is a limited Allah – the Allah in the role of running his creation. Allah absolute would be indescribable.
Not really, this just shows WE are limited not God.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Since you have not read the book you have no idea what questions are answered. Do you not see that you have asked a question that makes no sense? This also is not a question about God. Let me ask you a question: "What motive do I have for being here to answer your questions?"
To sell your book. And no, I'm not buying.