• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Your Pal Q Anything!

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
My name is Q!

I am a space fanboy, wanna be SpaceX employee, and I am going to Scotland in 6 months to pursue a Masters in Outdoor Education.

Additionally, I maintain a blog where we talk about anything from space travel to outdoors to platypi!

Ask me anything!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
- Why Snoopy?
(And yes, the answer of "Why not!" is acceptable.)
- Favorite cartoons?
- Smoke cured or brine cured bacon?
- Trump's hair or Hillary's hair?
- Your favorite stooge?
- Anchovies?

Quetzal

Premium Member
- Why Snoopy?
(And yes, the answer of "Why not!" is acceptable.)
His imagination. Snoopy is the manifestation of what any of us could be if we acted on our imagination. I grew up with the Peanuts and Snoopy was my favorite.
- Favorite cartoons?
Animated: American Dad, The Simpsons
Comics: Calvin and Hobbes & The Peanuts
- Smoke cured or brine cured bacon?
Smoke cured!
- Trump's hair or Hillary's hair?
Oh com'on man, do I hafta pick? It is like picking between "drowning" or "burned" as an execution method.
- Your favorite stooge?
Curly. He was so innocent... and so stupid
- Anchovies?
Nope!

Quetzal

Premium Member
What is Quetzal a reference to?
In 2010, I travelled to Guatemala to offer humanitarian aid. It was a wonderful experience and I met so many people. Further, I grew more in those 4 weeks as a person than I had in the 24 years building up to it. The Quetzal is the national bird and it is gorgeous. Despite my best efforts, I could not find one in the wild. This alias is a testament to that experience.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
In 2010, I travelled to Guatemala to offer humanitarian aid. It was a wonderful experience and I met so many people. Further, I grew more in those 4 weeks as a person than I had in the 24 years building up to it. The Quetzal is the national bird and it is gorgeous. Despite my best efforts, I could not find one in the wild. This alias is a testament to that experience.
You mean, one of these:

Ubuntu-12-10-a-k-a-Quantal-Quetzal-2.jpg

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Would you like to become a park ranger, given your interest in outdoor recreation? And why go to Scotland for your degree?

Quetzal

Premium Member
Would you like to become a park ranger, given your interest in outdoor recreation? And why go to Scotland for your degree?
I want to do outdoor outreach/education on college campuses. That is my goal.

For Scotland, Edinburgh is one of the best universities in the world. Plus, I want to visit Europe, its a twofer!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I want to do outdoor outreach/education on college campuses. That is my goal.

For Scotland, Edinburgh is one of the best universities in the world. Plus, I want to visit Europe, its a twofer!

I see. So you're in it for the women! I could have guessed as much*.

*projects heavily.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Where do you see Space X going in, say, twenty years?
I see them aggressively branching into planetary travel, research, and development. A lot of that is hinging on them successfully completing landing and recoveries on Earth. Once they get the hang of that, I see them trying to implement that same technology and execution on Mars.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I see them aggressively branching into planetary travel, research, and development. A lot of that is hinging on them successfully completing landing and recoveries on Earth. Once they get the hang of that, I see them trying to implement that same technology and execution on Mars.

That would be pretty exciting!