• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the Staff Anything About RF

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Its true, I make as much money here modding as I do at my day job...

You might find this useful

download.png

Shaul

Premium Member
Holidays and festivals are a significant part of religion. Why can't we have a separate forum for holidays?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Very interesting name. (Burning willow?)
Close. Fire willow.

My first question was along the lines of how much stuff are you straight up deleting or banning so the rest of us can have an enjoyable time?
Each reported post is reviewed by the staff and voted on until we have a consensus of at least three staff members for any action that may be taken on the post or member who posted on it. No staff member acts unilaterally on any moderation decisions.

So to answer your question, I would estimate we receive on average of five to ten reports on any given day and act on roughly three quarters of them.

The Second was more about letting you give props to your favorite member but I do like your answer. The third was me being flabbergasted with how much time I take to write and research posts that probably no one but a handful of people will ever read but what it would be like to moderate this forum? (Not asking because it's like a dream of mine just seems like a crazy amount of work but I have heard mods are super well paid.
We are a volunteer staff.

Is RF going public?)
Not to my knowledge.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Shoes!!!

Why, in my day we had to wrap our feet in lost tire treads, and we were thankful for that! And every day we had to tredge through the snow 60 miles to school! But we didn't complain!
Old tire treads...you were lucky. We had to wrap our feet in barbed wire and run over hot coals and lava pools while our parents pelted us with stones shot from a sling shot to keep us running

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Old tire treads...you were lucky. We had to wrap our feet in barbed wire and run over hot coals and lava pools while our parents pelted us with stones shot from a sling shot to keep us running
Only slingshots & stones?
My parents used shotguns loaded with rock salt & tofu.

Can we buy RF so that some needed changes can finally be made rather than just cast aspersions on the current owners for lack of progress? If so, what's the asking price?
Hi sun rise,

I've been on several social platforms and RF is best of breed. I've been trying to figure out why. That could be for lots of reasons, it could be mods, could be contributors but I haven't seen a dire need for change. Am I missing something in this post?

I hope all is well.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Can we buy RF so that some needed changes can finally be made rather than just cast aspersions on the current owners for lack of progress? If so, what's the asking price?
That's something somebody would have to research on their own.

I spent 20 minutes this morning trying to find out and the closest I could come was to find out what the domain is worth on GoDaddy: around $1,700.

In the past when the site was for sale be asking price was anywhere between $20,000 and $60,000. No idea what the current owners paid for it.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

I spent 20 minutes this morning trying to find out and the closest I could come was to find out what the domain is worth on GoDaddy: around $1,700.

In the past when the site was for sale be asking price was anywhere between $20,000 and $60,000. No idea what the current owners paid for it.
Holy moly. RF could be worth more than my house!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I considered buying it when it was around the lower figure.
But I decided I wasn't really qualified to manage it.