• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the Staff Anything About RF

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I is not acceptable in the civilised world

fa5fe908-26a9-4bf4-8be4-03db599043e6_text.gif

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I’m seeing I don’t have privilege to comment or reply to many forums.

may I know how it works?
The forums you likely don't have privileges to post to currently are the DIRs (Discuss Individual Religions). DIRs are exclusively for members who identify as members of the respective DIR's religion. For example, only those who identify as a member of an Abrahamic Religion may post in the Abrahamic Religions DIR; only those who identify as Catholic may post in the Catholic DIR, etc.

If you belong to a specific religion, you may go to your profile under 'account details' and select up to three DIRs with which you identify. You may also select political 'only' forums with which you identify, i.e. if you identify as liberal, you may post in the Liberal Only forum.

I hope this helps.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it possible we could get the "religion" descriptor under our avatars again? Or is that something nobody wants?
It is something that needs to be manually added, but the Staff haven't access to the 'back-end' as we we call it. Only the techie can do that and we need to talk to him about it.

I think many folks would like it back.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Why do you do it?

Tried it once many years ago and always wondered since what people got out of it.

vulcanlogician

It is something that needs to be manually added, but the Staff haven't access to the 'back-end' as we we call it. Only the techie can do that and we need to talk to him about it.

I think many folks would like it back.

So I should be patient?

Or should I keep bothering staff about it?

Hah, I just found this thread, and might be super fun. Let's go with three questions:
  • Do you remove and moderate as much crazy content as I imagine you do? (Please don't disclose any secrets but I was just responding to another thread and thought wow I barely browse these forums... I hang out in like two places, how do the mods moderate such a broad place where people might be arguing nuanced views on Islam and they have to go intercede I have no idea why but they must know. Very specific resume and sounds like a fun but challenging jorb)
  • If you were to die tomorrow and had to pick an RF member to replace you as a mod then who would you choose? (So Morbid)
  • What happened in your childhood that caused you to want to be a moderator on the religious forums? Are you ok?
I hope all is well!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you remove and moderate as much crazy content as I imagine you do? (Please don't disclose any secrets but I was just responding to another thread and thought wow I barely browse these forums... I hang out in like two places, how do the mods moderate such a broad place where people might be arguing nuanced views on Islam and they have to go intercede I have no idea why but they must know. Very specific resume and sounds like a fun but challenging jorb)
We moderate content the violates the RF Rules.

If you were to die tomorrow and had to pick an RF member to replace you as a mod then who would you choose? (So Morbid)
I'm not sure there is anyone on RF I dislike that much.

What happened in your childhood that caused you to want to be a moderator on the religious forums? Are you ok?
What makes you think I want to be a moderator?

I just woke up one morning and found I was one, so I decided to play along...kinda the same way I woke up one morning and found I was a human.

We moderate content the violates the RF Rules.

I'm not sure there is anyone on RF I dislike that much.

What makes you think I want to be a moderator?

I just woke up one morning and found I was one, so I decided to play along...kinda the same way I woke up one morning and found I was a human.
Hello SalixIncendium.

Very interesting name. (Burning willow?) Congrats on being the first and only mod to respond to my controversial questions. Quite brave!

My first question was along the lines of how much stuff are you straight up deleting or banning so the rest of us can have an enjoyable time? The Second was more about letting you give props to your favorite member but I do like your answer. The third was me being flabbergasted with how much time I take to write and research posts that probably no one but a handful of people will ever read but what it would be like to moderate this forum? (Not asking because it's like a dream of mine just seems like a crazy amount of work but I have heard mods are super well paid. Is RF going public?)

I hope all is well.