• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask MysticSang'ha anything

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Does consciousness exist? If so, what is it?

As I stated in chat earlier this morning, Phil, I am going to chew on this one for a bit.....you deviant, you.

Any tips on how to cut down on my stress level? :D

There are lots of different methods to cutting down stress, Nick. As far as your own stresses are concerned, why not use a pro-con list to see what causes your stress, a daily journal to explore more in-depth your own psyche relating to these stress factors, and a flow chart to map out your plan on how to cope and/or eliminate these stresses?

I'm just thinking that if you're a visual person, these methods just might work. If not, why not try putting on this bustier and these combat boots and stomp around your living room singing "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred?

If in doubt, resort to silliness and laughter. :p

Wouldn't people pummelling each other about the head and neck run kinda counter to being all sexy?

Or is it that you're into scars? :D

You're right. Contestants ought to focus on hitting everything below the shoulders.

Wait.......

Peace,
Mystic

Smoke

Done here.
The boots or the bustier? :p

If Bill's talking about the bustier, he speaks the truth: My man-boobs know no bounds. :flirt:
Both. Phil told me Heather's about 3'6" and wears a size two shoe, or something like that. :D

Nevertheless, if you take the suggestion, I want a video.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Hi Mystic, I saw in another thread you mentioned that Buddhists do pujas. What type of pujas do Buddhists do? Hindus do pujas as well, but they are usually to Deities. :)

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
Another question. Why do so many men hit me up on myspace, saying, your hawt, your hot, 'hey, wat's up. Do you think that people are so poor in their use of English, so limited that that is all they can come with. Not that I'm going to answer any men...no way lol.

Melissa G

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Another question. Why do so many men hit me up on myspace, saying, your hawt, your hot, 'hey, wat's up. Do you think that people are so poor in their use of English, so limited that that is all they can come with. Not that I'm going to answer any men...no way lol.

Melissa G

Do I have a chance if I use proper English next time, my dear?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Hi Mystic, I saw in another thread you mentioned that Buddhists do pujas. What type of pujas do Buddhists do? Hindus do pujas as well, but they are usually to Deities. :)

Good question, and our pujas come close to your tradition (given the history of Tibet and it's influences from the Bon and northern India Tantric traditions, it shouldn't be too surprising). The most common pujas we perform on auspicious days of the Tibetan calendar are the Green Tara puja and the Medicine Buddha puja. I have found them both personally to heighten awareness as a group and individually as well as offer a sense of protection and healing from any pain or suffering.

One little-known practice (which can also be considered a puja, imho), is the Liberation of Animals from the Danger of Death. Even just purchasing an animal ready to be slaughtered, and then either caring for it or releasing it into it's appropriate environment generates enormous merit. But we do have an extensive list of mantras that we can recite while liberating animals with the goal of karmic purification for the endangered animals and for it's would-be predators. I need to look that up again because I'm mostly coming from memory here. :D

Peace,
Mystic

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Sure. But I think labels are arbitrary anyway. At the moment, it's how I choose to define myself. :p

Melissa G

Come to think of it, beautiful, I see this phenomenon as an example of the pervasive ignorance one experiences as a result of karmic seeds ripening when face to face with a certain aesthetically pleasing sight or, at the very least, when not in possession of a thesaurus. :D

Peace,
Mystic

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Good question, and our pujas come close to your tradition (given the history of Tibet and it's influences from the Bon and northern India Tantric traditions, it shouldn't be too surprising). The most common pujas we perform on auspicious days of the Tibetan calendar are the Green Tara puja and the Medicine Buddha puja. I have found them both personally to heighten awareness as a group and individually as well as offer a sense of protection and healing from any pain or suffering.

One little-known practice (which can also be considered a puja, imho), is the Liberation of Animals from the Danger of Death. Even just purchasing an animal ready to be slaughtered, and then either caring for it or releasing it into it's appropriate environment generates enormous merit. But we do have an extensive list of mantras that we can recite while liberating animals with the goal of karmic purification for the endangered animals and for it's would-be predators. I need to look that up again because I'm mostly coming from memory here. :D

Peace,
Mystic

Thanks! That's interesting.

As an animal lover, I especially like the idea of the "Liberation of Animals from the Danger of Death." :)