• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask an Italian idiot

Huey09

He who struggles with God
Is spaghetti and meatballs un-italian? Because when my dad visited Firenze they only had sea food with their pasta. What's the weather like? And is almost everyone catholic?

Stephen Dedalus

Trickster
Bon jorno!

What is it like to live amongst the ruins of ancient civilizations?
Unfortunately, the attention for ruins, monuments and art is disgustingly low. For example, Pompei is a priceless heritage, but because of ignorance and vandalism is literally crumbling.
P.S. The correct spelling is "Buongiorno" :-*

Is spaghetti and meatballs un-italian? Because when my dad visited Firenze they only had sea food with their pasta. What's the weather like? And is almost everyone catholic?
1)Yes, they're Italian...
2)The weather is very variable! North, is very cold and mountain, but more south is hot, almost african. I live near the sea, and is VERY hot.
3)Ahahah, you know, where is the Pope catholics are more numerous, though immigrants led Islam.

What is pepino, really?
Do you mean "Peppino"? In that case, is an offshoot of the name "Giuseppe".

Thanks for questions! :D

Huey09

He who struggles with God
1)Yes, they're Italian...
I didn't know if it was an american thing like how our chinese food is almost NOTHING like the real thing :p

2)The weather is very variable! North, is very cold and mountain, but more south is hot, almost african. I live near the sea, and is VERY hot.
Just like the states:D I live above the state of florida so It get really humid this time of year...or all year in fact.
3)Ahahah, you know, where is the Pope catholics are more numerous, though immigrants led Islam.
There are non pope catholics? I would love to talk to them, haha! And as for Islam coming in does that worry you in any way?

Thanks for questions! :D
You're quite welcome. Thank you for the answers:)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Here I am.

My wife was born and raised in Sicily near San Vito lo Capo, but we never went to any of the fast-food places there with the exception of the AutoGrills, which both of us enjoyed and wished we had here in the States. Have you ever been to one?

Akivah

Do you mean "Peppino"? In that case, is an offshoot of the name "Giuseppe".

Nope. I went to Italy once. At a restaurant, I was in the mood for a pepperoni pizza. The menu listed peppino pizza, so I ordered it. Whatever it was, it wasn't pepperoni.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Nope. I went to Italy once. At a restaurant, I was in the mood for a pepperoni pizza. The menu listed peppino pizza, so I ordered it. Whatever it was, it wasn't pepperoni.

Yep, it's pretty much unheard of there.

BTW, pizza is different throughout Italy. My wife is from Sicily, and their pizza is thicker and rarely with meat. It's essentially used as a bread side-dish. If you like anchovy or sardi (salted small sardines, typically chopped), they're much more typically used in Sicily than any meat.

The pizza around Rome and vicinity actually came out of the Jewish section whereas matzah was used, and it's much thinner.

As time has gone on, the regional differences have tended to be less important. BTW, I hate to say this here, but in general I had better pizza in Israel than in Italy, although the best pizza I ever had was a wood-fired pizza that came from a small village not too far from where my wife grew up.

Akivah

Yep, it's pretty much unheard of there.

BTW, pizza is different throughout Italy. My wife is from Sicily, and their pizza is thicker and rarely with meat. It's essentially used as a bread side-dish. If you like anchovy or sardi (salted small sardines, typically chopped), they're much more typically used in Sicily than any meat. .

That's probably it. At the time, I thought it tasted like tuna fish. It was probably sardine pizza.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ehm...

Damn.

I do not mean they should not have invited you. I mean what did you say that got you permission?

I am imagining that I am being ignored by most posters most of the time. When once it got so bad I asked to be invited to the interview place. I was not. That is why I asked. I just needed conversation. Now I have gotten used to talking to myself. Used to? Speaking it sounds right but writing it doesn't. Do you think I need a doctor? You can tell me the truth. I am immune.

Stephen Dedalus

Trickster
Is Sardinia safe for Canadian tourists? Could I do a week there in a car rental, no booking of hotels, and just drive around on a sort of free for all holiday, decidig where to eat etc. each day?
That would be a way cool experience :D
I recommend you to starting from Cagliari, visit Arbatax (maybe we'll have a beer together lel) and Oristano.
At risk of getting a bit political and serious, how do Italians tend to view World War 2?
After the WW2 Italy was devasted.
People lived in the most consuming poverty, some cities were destroyed.
Who remembers Mussolini describes him as a Hitler's puppet, and is forced to admit that before the Axis he made great good works.
Those who I've heard about WW2 describes the war as the most orrible thing that a mind can conceive.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
After the WW2 Italy was devasted.
People lived in the most consuming poverty, some cities were destroyed.
Who remembers Mussolini describes him as a Hitler's puppet, and is forced to admit that before the Axis he made great good works.
Those who I've heard about WW2 describes the war as the most orrible thing that a mind can conceive.
So do most Italians support or condemn il Duche's invasion of Libya?