• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

As Arranged, Trump Has Been Acquitted

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Thank goodness our system of government is still working after all these years as the founding fathers intended and justice ultimately prevailed cutting through the smoke and mirrors like rays of pure sunshine through clear panes of glass. I think now is the time that we as a people should take a few minutes regardless of what side of the aisle you are on and help heal the divides of the nation and move forward from this shameful pillorying of a U.S. president. Put away the childhood toys of partisanship and unite in the knowledge that after all these years this great experiment has once again shown how great it can be.
I wonder how long it will be before the Republicans will get up off their collected asses and do their job?
With the 400 plus bills waiting on them from the "do nothing" Democrats...

Now that the impeachment excuse is no longer on the table, what will they turn to now?

SoyLeche

meh...
I wonder how long it will be before the Republicans will get up off their collected asses and do their job?
With the 400 plus bills waiting on them from the "do nothing" Democrats...

Now that the impeachment excuse is no longer on the table, what will they turn to now?
They’ll probably just appoint more judges. That seems to have been their priority, and it’s not an unreasonable one at that.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
They’ll probably just appoint more judges. That seems to have been their priority, and it’s not an unreasonable one at that.
Which does absolutely nothing to address their flat out lies concerning the "do Nothing" Democrats.
But as I have already stated, when one sets the bar so low everyone has to stooop way down to see it....

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Article I, charging Nixon with obstruction of justice, alleged in part that:

Article II, charging Nixon with abuse of power, alleged in part that:

Article III, charging Nixon with contempt of Congress alleged in part that:

Since you know things, you can fill in the charges against
Trump, show that they are the same,
Match them up.

And if you are really good, show us the 17 minute tape that demonstrates any of it.

So this is to demonstrate this isn't the same for Trump?

SoyLeche

meh...
Which does absolutely nothing to address their flat out lies concerning the "do Nothing" Democrats.
But as I have already stated, when one sets the bar so low everyone has to stooop way down to see it....
Oh, I agree with that absolutely. The Senate has been much more “do nothing” than the house in the last couple years (going back to the last few years of Obama even).

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As arranged in advance of the trial by Mr. Trump, Mr. Mitch McConnell, and the Republican majority, Mr. Trump has been acquitted in the Senate of both charges on which he was impeached by the House of Representatives.

And America takes yet another hit in reputation. These conservatives here are praising this outcome, but the rest of the world just sees something different. America is now officially a banana republic with sham trials with witnesses blocked and prearranged outcomes.

They also saw how redacted the Mueller report was, how subpoenas were flagrantly disregarded without consequence, and how Trump felt he needed to conceal his taxes. Those things all tell the same story to those not taken in by conservative indoctrination that somehow cripples their common sense and common decency, both in decline in America for quite some time.

This ties my head in knots,"you are charged with obstruction of Justice and and abuse of power",ponders for a nano second,"ok prove it", the accusers retort "we have witnesses",the accused chuckles and trumphantly declares "they're not allowed".

You're British. This is the response I expect from most of the world not living in America, which has a more objective perspective than those living within, and who are continually bombarded with conservative, pro-Trump indoctrination such that they now see him as a champion and hero. Those people won't see what you see..

Incidentally, was "trumphantly" a typo or a pun?

Trump is also out for vengeance.. He's been tweeting since after midnight.

That's his nature - vicious, like a common street thug.
  • “For many years I’ve said that if someone screws you, screw them back. When somebody hurts you, just go after them as viciously and as violently as you can.” - Donald Trump
  • "Go for the jugular so that people watching will not want to mess with you." - Donald Trump
  • "When you are wronged, go after those people because it is a good feeling.." - Donald Trump
  • "When someone crosses you, my advice is ‘Get Even!' That is not typical advice, but it is real life advice. If you do not get even, you are just a schmuck!" - Donald Trump
What a disgusting human being.

after all these years this great experiment has once again shown how great it can be.

I saw the opposite. I saw how corrupt America has become, with an acceleration of that degradation since Trump. When I was younger, I was proud to be an American, loved America, respected America, and considered myself lucky to be an American.

These days, none of that is true any more.

I think now is the time that we as a people should take a few minutes regardless of what side of the aisle you are on and help heal the divides of the nation and move forward from this shameful pillorying of a U.S. president.

You made a call for unity, but that's simply not going to happen with all of this anti-liberal propaganda being broadcast and sent through the Internet. While I find you and a few other conservatives here like @Revoltingest and @Salvador pleasant enough, so many of these conservatives are simply detestable. I feel no affinity whatsoever for such people, have no interest in their dreams or futures, and no desire to reconcile with them.

You know what my solution to that problem was.

Trump NOT GUILTY. Liberals cry your eyes out, LOL!

And here it is, right on time. How should I feel about this palpable hatred? How shall I feel about this very representative conservative American? Is he my fellow American? No. He's my fellow nothing.

When Rush Limbaugh is given the highest award a civilian can receive from the President

And that's when this conservative propaganda machine took off, right after the repeal of the Fairness Doctrine in the late eighties, sweeping up the intellectual plankton defenseless against the indoctrinated.

Americans are united by common ideals more than any passing factions

Disagree. The left and right have virtually nothing in common any more. It's all about party, not country. Mike Pence said, "I'm a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican - in that order." American didn't even make the list. And I'm none of those things, so in what sense are liberals and people like Mike Pence united by common ideals? What do you think he wants to do for liberal atheists? What do you think he'd like to do to them?

Conservative Christians want to pack the courts with judges with theocratic tendencies, not my principle.

Conservatives a re happy with a president who is a bigoted, racist, vengeful, narcissistic, bully and compulsive liar, a self-admitted serial sexual predator. a serial adulterer, a lifetime fraud and cheat, and now add murderer. Again, not my values.

Conservatives call those who find that objectionable deranged. Not how I see the world.

Conservative are cheering a trial in which a man credibly accused of an abuse of power and a violation of his oath of office, in which witnesses were prevented from giving testimony, and in which the jury announced the verdict before the start of the "trial." Again, not my values.

Conservatives are happy to turn a blind eye to election tampering, and refuse to act to shore up the voting process and restore confidence in its honesty.

Conservatives want walls built and children caged. Not my values.

So you see, I don't know what you mean by common ideals of all Americans. What would those be?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And America takes yet another hit in reputation. These conservatives here are praising this outcome, but the rest of the world just sees something different. America is now officially a banana republic with sham trials with witnesses blocked and prearranged outcomes.
These foreigners have no understanding of our system. The believe that
because it's called a "trail", that it was about guilt or innocence. It isn't that
kind of trial according to our Constitution. It's a vote to keep or boot the
President. Did they call Clinton's result a "sham" because a clearly guilty
man remained in office? No. The only difference is dislike of Trump, &
wishing for a different outcome. But the system then is the system now,
& functioned both times as designed. You don't have to like it.

....a few other conservatives here like @Revoltingest....
I'm not a conservative. I'm a pro-prostitution pro-abortion
pro-gay marriage draft-dodging unpatriotic fire breathing atheist.

Last edited:

Stanyon

WWMRD?
You made a call for unity, but that's simply not going to happen with all of this anti-liberal propaganda being broadcast and sent through the Internet.

I'm a progressive liberal myself and I am of the mind that if you are painted as utterly black and lacking any virtue whatsoever then it is a good thing because it means that not only have you created a clear line of demarcation but also that one has achieved a great deal in their works.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Did any democrats that are running for office in 2020 vote for acquittal? It seems it would have tainted the vote since they would have a vested interest in getting a political rival out of the way.
Enquiring minds want to know