• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arkansas inflicts child abuse on its school children

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I had a belief of life without God and it ended up in shipwreck. Then called out to God or Jesus Christ and He delivered me and showed me how to life a different way and His way has resulted in blessing so think what you want but He makes it clear in His Word how to live.
“Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers. Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭1:1-6‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Truth and this is what God showed me and has come to pass.

Maybe the difference isn't the belief in God, but rather that you took control over your life and started being responsible for your actions?

When I gave up god-belief, I felt liberated. I found that the stories I was told as a kid were less important than actually caring for others. I found that belief in a supernatural is just a form of superstition and that we can be reasonable and responsible without the trappings of that superstition.

If belief in a deity helps you to be a better person, good for you. Maybe you can realize that you can also be a better person without it. If not, as long as you *are* a better person, and don't try to dictate how others should live, then more power to you.

Maybe the difference isn't the belief in God, but rather that you took control over your life and started being responsible for your actions?

When I gave up god-belief, I felt liberated. I found that the stories I was told as a kid were less important than actually caring for others. I found that belief in a supernatural is just a form of superstition and that we can be reasonable and responsible without the trappings of that superstition.

If belief in a deity helps you to be a better person, good for you. Maybe you can realize that you can also be a better person without it. If not, as long as you *are* a better person, and don't try to dictate how others should live, then more power to you.
Brother, belief in God never helped me in life, I didn’t have the ability to be a better person, as much as I tried it was still failure. I did things I was ashamed of with no way to deal with life. You can only get so far in your own strength, then God did for me what I couldn’t do for myself. It’s not superstition like astrology or good luck charms. God is real and He showed me that. I found so much wisdom in Scripture, none of it made sense until I was born again and then everything made sense.

Took control of my life? That was the problem I had full control of my life and it was self will run riot, shipwrecked until I let God direct my steps and gave Him my life.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was dead and now I’m alive so yes I have evidence. I didn’t deliver myself but God did and I’m alive to tell it. I wasn’t physically dead but in every other way, now I’m alive.
No, you were not "dead". I suggest that you learn what the words you use in a debate mean. You have a fanatic belief, not a rational one.

No, you were not "dead". I suggest that you learn what the words you use in a debate mean. You have a fanatic belief, not a rational one.
I will refer you to the dictionary for the many applications of the word and go from there. Then go back and read my comment again for clarification.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Took control of my life? That was the problem I had full control of my life and it was self will run riot, shipwrecked until I let God direct my steps and gave Him my life.

You had the levers of control, but you were clearly NOT in control. Being irresponsible is NOT being in control. Not thinking things through is NOT being in control.

ecco

Veteran Member
They are common sense solutions, for example the Bible says to quarantine if you have an infectious disease not if you’re healthy.
Really? Care to quote chapter and verse?

Of course, you do realize if you are healthy and skip quarantining in favor of going out amongst the masses, you will probably not be healthy for long - like 563,000 of your fellow citizens.

Of course, the Bible also has other good medical advice...

Leviticus 15

16And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even. 17And every garment, and every skin, whereon is the seed of copulation, shall be washed with water, and be unclean until the even. 18The woman also with whom man shall lie with seed of copulation, they shall both bathe themselves in water, and be unclean until the even.​
Moral: Sex is dirty. Really, really dirty.

Furthermore, just having a monthly cycle is so dirty women had to live outside the house.

19And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. 20And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. 21And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. 22And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. 23And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. 24And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean.

25And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean. 26Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. 27And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

The Cleansing of Women
How to get clean again? Bring two turtles and two pigeons to the priest.

28But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. 29And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. 30And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.
God made women. God made women have periods. Women need to atone before the Lord for having periods.

Your beliefs boggle the mind.

ecco

Veteran Member
With one big exception - right? Your uncreated creator! If your creator was not created, the only other viable option is that He existed for eternity. Eternity is a very, very long time. It is far more than 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000....... years. Yet your uncreated creator sat around doing absolutely nothing for about (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000...... - 6000) years before creating everything. He had all that time to use his omniscience to figure out exactly how to make the universe and its inhabitants. Within the blink of an eye following creation, His creation (the one in His own image) disobeyed Him. Then, a few years later, He horrifically wiped from the earth almost all living creatures to start over again. I'd call that ****-poor planning.

God has life in Himself and He knew from the beginning that He was going to have to redeem mankind, that is in Genesis.

Yes, He knew. That's the whole point. He knew long before He created Adam, that Adam would "disobey" him (omniscience). He designed and built Adam to his exacting specifications (omnipotence). Then he blamed Adam & Eve and made them die (however you want to define "die").

What would we call architects that intentionally build bridges that they know are going to fail?
What would we call chefs that intentionally cook foods designed to make people ill and die?
What would we call Generals that intentionally lead their soldiers to defeat?

How much worse then, when the architect says "it's the fault of the cars driving over the bridge"?
How much worse then, when the chef says "it's the fault of the people eating my food"?
How much worse then, when the General says "it's the fault of the soldiers"?

Really? Care to quote chapter and verse?

Of course, you do realize if you are healthy and skip quarantining in favor of going out amongst the masses, you will probably not be healthy for long - like 563,000 of your fellow citizens.

Of course, the Bible also has other good medical advice...

Leviticus 15

16And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even. 17And every garment, and every skin, whereon is the seed of copulation, shall be washed with water, and be unclean until the even. 18The woman also with whom man shall lie with seed of copulation, they shall both bathe themselves in water, and be unclean until the even.​
Moral: Sex is dirty. Really, really dirty.

Furthermore, just having a monthly cycle is so dirty women had to live outside the house.

19And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. 20And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. 21And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. 22And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. 23And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. 24And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean.

25And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean. 26Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. 27And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

The Cleansing of Women
How to get clean again? Bring two turtles and two pigeons to the priest.

28But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. 29And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. 30And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.
God made women. God made women have periods. Women need to atone before the Lord for having periods.

Your beliefs boggle the mind.
On the contrary and where you miss it... God is really really really Holy. Mankind was able to fellowship with God before we sinned, we brought this on ourselves. We still rebel against God then blame Him for the consequences of our bad decisions. He is always seeking us out, calling to us and provided salvation and healing by Himself, He did the work. That’s what I found.

Yes, He knew. That's the whole point. He knew long before He created Adam, that Adam would "disobey" him (omniscience). He designed and built Adam to his exacting specifications (omnipotence). Then he blamed Adam & Eve and made them die (however you want to define "die").

What would we call architects that intentionally build bridges that they know are going to fail?
What would we call chefs that intentionally cook foods designed to make people ill and die?
What would we call Generals that intentionally lead their soldiers to defeat?

How much worse then, when the architect says "it's the fault of the cars driving over the bridge"?
How much worse then, when the chef says "it's the fault of the people eating my food"?
How much worse then, when the General says "it's the fault of the soldiers"?
Don’t see God blaming anyone, He was clear on the consequences. We decide to trust ourselves or Satan instead of God, it ends in death instead of life.