• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arkansas inflicts child abuse on its school children

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Same old same old, no answer, just " You don't get it " A population cannot advance unless a change becomes fixed in the population. If it just dies out nothing changes.

And if it doesn't die out and becomes fixed, then it becomes fixed.

What's your point? Do you even have a point?
Because it rather sounds like you are desperately trying to cling to anything that you feel like you can use to argue against established science that happens to contradict your a priori religious beliefs.

tas8831

Same old same old, no answer, just " You don't get it "
Well...
A population cannot advance
What do you mean "advance"?
unless a change becomes fixed in the population. If it just dies out nothing changes.
And?

Oh - still waiting for your definition of "biological information" and what counts as an 'increase' in it, and why this is necessary for evolution to occur.
And 'it just is' is insufficient.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Same old same old, no answer, just " You don't get it " A population cannot advance unless a change becomes fixed in the population. If it just dies out nothing changes.
Actually I asked you a question. A question you didn't answer here for some reason.

Here's another one ... Do you expect me to just pretend you get it when it doesn't appear that you do and won't answer any questions?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Actually I didn't do that.. your brain did.

No, you definatly did that.

You asked "what if a mutation doesn't achieve fixation"
I responded with "then it gets lost in the pages of history"

And from there you concluded that therefor evolution is false because then "nothing happens".
So yes, you definitely jumped from "not all mutations achieve fixation" to "therefor none do".

If that isn't what you meant, then I have NO CLUE what you meant with this post:

So, nothing happens. And since most mutations do nothing, the entire theory doesn't work.

Or is the problem maybe that you aren't even able to keep track of your own claims?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
No, you definatly did that.

You asked "what if a mutation doesn't achieve fixation"
I responded with "then it gets lost in the pages of history"

And from there you concluded that therefor evolution is false because then "nothing happens".
So yes, you definitely jumped from "not all mutations achieve fixation" to "therefor none do".

If that isn't what you meant, then I have NO CLUE what you meant with this post:

Or is the problem maybe that you aren't even able to keep track of your own claims?
Most mutations, most mutations, most mutations... there did you get that part now?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You apparently think you know everything. Have a nice life.
:rolleyes:

I'm just asking you a question so that you may clarify your own statement. Which is the opposite of thinking "i know everything", because then I wouldn't be asking you questions about what it is that you mean, now would I?

Apparently that is to much to ask.

Do you understand how your refusal to answer and dismissal of the question with a random handwaving statement comes across?