• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arkansas inflicts child abuse on its school children

ecco

Veteran Member
Have you ever considered there are blessings and curses?

No. I am not superstitious. I don't believe in demons, witches, gods, fairies, Easter Bunnies, or leprechauns.

Mankind introduced death and disease, God said you can eat of any tree in the garden except this tree, if you do you will die and they ate, rebelled against God

You keep ignoring the fact that your God knew, long before He created them, that A&E would disobey. He intentionally designed them to fail.

but some have repented and been born again. When He offered me the gift of eternal life I said ok I trust you and He gave me eternal life.

You have not lived forever, so you don't know you have eternal life. You only like to believe you do. Young children like to believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny - until they don't.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
We should repent and eat God’s food, from the tree of life instead of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I hope you understand what that means.

Yes, God didn't want us to have knowledge of the difference between good and evil and definitely didn't want us to have eternal life. That is why humans were banished from Eden.

Your deity seems more and more evil the more it is described.

No. I am not superstitious. I don't believe in demons, witches, gods, fairies, Easter Bunnies, or leprechauns.

You keep ignoring the fact that your God knew, long before He created them, that A&E would disobey. He intentionally designed them to fail.

You have not lived forever, so you don't know you have eternal life. You only like to believe you do. Young children like to believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny - until they don't.
If you haven’t received the Holy Spirit from God you wouldn’t understand but once you do everything becomes clear and I do know I have eternal life. It’s similar to when I gave an engagement ring to my wife, she knew at that moment we were getting married. The Holy Spirit is that promise and guarantee from God. It’s not superstition or wishful thinking. You’re confusing things, there is real and there is a counterfeit. Jesus Christ is the real, the rest are counterfeit in my view.

Yes, God didn't want us to have knowledge of the difference between good and evil and definitely didn't want us to have eternal life. That is why humans were banished from Eden.

Your deity seems more and more evil the more it is described.
We were banished from the Garden of Eden so we wouldn’t eat from the tree of life after we sinned and be lost forever like Satan is. He cannot be redeemed.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
On the contrary and where you miss it... God is really really really Holy. Mankind was able to fellowship with God before we sinned, we brought this on ourselves. We still rebel against God then blame Him for the consequences of our bad decisions. He is always seeking us out, calling to us and provided salvation and healing by Himself, He did the work. That’s what I found.
What creationists cannot seem to understand is that if the myths are true God is at fault.

ecco

Veteran Member
On the contrary and where you miss it... God is really really really Holy. Mankind was able to fellowship with God before we sinned, we brought this on ourselves. We still rebel against God then blame Him for the consequences of our bad decisions. He is always seeking us out, calling to us and provided salvation and healing by Himself, He did the work. That’s what I found.

So, you have now gotten to the point where you don't even bother to respond to the issues I raise. I can understand that. It is easy to say "the Bible says to quarantine if you have an infectious disease not if you’re healthy." It is more difficult to actually show where it says that.

It must be much harder to try to justify kicking a woman out of the house because she's having her period.

It's much easier to just proselytize some more.

So, you have now gotten to the point where you don't even bother to respond to the issues I raise. I can understand that. It is easy to say "the Bible says to quarantine if you have an infectious disease not if you’re healthy." It is more difficult to actually show where it says that.

It must be much harder to try to justify kicking a woman out of the house because she's having her period.

It's much easier to just proselytize some more.
If you went through all the trouble to search out semen emissions and a women’s menstrual laws I couldn’t believe you couldn’t find the quarantine part when a person had leprosy etc. You were already at Leviticus 15 so go to 13 and 14 about mold etc. as well. By the way, women living in community often end up being on the same cycle so as my wife said, it would’ve been great. More like a break for all the women outside the camp hanging out together.

ecco

Veteran Member
Don’t see God blaming anyone, He was clear on the consequences.

Perhaps you are OK with your God setting up A&E to fail. However, to say he didn't cast blame on them ignores your own scripture...

Genesis 3 KJV
The Punishment of Mankind

16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

17And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
Perhaps you are reading a different Bible.

We decide to trust ourselves or Satan instead of God,

Why would anyone trust, let alone worship, a God that intentionally sets up his creation to fail? That is maschochistic.

ecco

Veteran Member
If you haven’t received the Holy Spirit from God you wouldn’t understand but once you do everything becomes clear and I do know I have eternal life. It’s similar to when I gave an engagement ring to my wife, she knew at that moment we were getting married. The Holy Spirit is that promise and guarantee from God. It’s not superstition or wishful thinking. You’re confusing things, there is real and there is a counterfeit. Jesus Christ is the real, the rest are counterfeit in my view.

In your view.
Your view is supported by the fact that you choose to ignore what is written in your own scripture.
Your view is supported by the fact that you choose to ignore the research of Biblical scholars - including many Christians.

Views based on ignoring things are views based on willful ignorance.

Perhaps you are OK with your God setting up A&E to fail. However, to say he didn't cast blame on them ignores your own scripture...

Genesis 3 KJV

16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

17And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Why would anyone trust, let alone worship, a God that intentionally sets up his creation to fail? That is maschochistic.
“Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.””
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭2:15-17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Did God make them fail? No
You’re placing yourself as the judge and don’t think you’re going to be able to fill that spot with you’re limited knowledge.

In your view.
Your view is supported by the fact that you choose to ignore what is written in your own scripture.
Your view is supported by the fact that you choose to ignore the research of Biblical scholars - including many Christians.

Views based on ignoring things are views based on willful ignorance.
Whatever all that means

Genesis 3 KJV

“Also for Adam and his wife the LORD God made tunics of skin, and clothed them. Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:21-24‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Seems like you only read bits and pieces of the story and make false assumptions. Blaming is more like heaping condemnation not consequences for sin then being clothed afterward.

ecco

Veteran Member
If you went through all the trouble to search out semen emissions and a women’s menstrual laws
I didn't go through any trouble at all. This is something I often remind fundamentalists of.

go to 13 and 14 about mold etc. as well.

Levi 13 & 14 - Over one hundred verses that basically say -STAY AWAY FROM LEPERS AND KEEP LEPERS AWAY FROM EVERYONE. There is no reference to "mold" in any of them.

By the way, women living in community often end up being on the same cycle so as my wife said, it would’ve been great. More like a break for all the women outside the camp hanging out together.

That is a really disgustingly misogynistic point of view. It was not out of place 5000 years ago. It is certainly out of place today.

Nevertheless, perhaps you could explain why it was necessary. What diseases does a menstruating woman carry that makes it necessary to remove her from the home and otherwise restrict her movements?

Well, there aren't any. So, why did your God tell Moses to incorporate such actions into law?

It makes no sense that a knowledgeable God would do something like that. However, it makes a lot of sense when you consider the actual authors of the ancient texts. Not a God, but old men who felt uncomfortable being around menstruating women. Not a God, but old men who had massive sexual hangups.

It wasn't the sin of "Adam" that got passed down, it was misogynistic beliefs that were handed down.

I didn't go through any trouble at all. This is something I often remind fundamentalists of.

Levi 13 & 14 - Over one hundred verses that basically say -STAY AWAY FROM LEPERS AND KEEP LEPERS AWAY FROM EVERYONE. There is no reference to "mold" in any of them.

That is a really disgustingly misogynistic point of view. It was not out of place 5000 years ago. It is certainly out of place today.

Nevertheless, perhaps you could explain why it was necessary. What diseases does a menstruating woman carry that makes it necessary to remove her from the home and otherwise restrict her movements?

Well, there aren't any. So, why did your God tell Moses to incorporate such actions into law?

It makes no sense that a knowledgeable God would do something like that. However, it makes a lot of sense when you consider the actual authors of the ancient texts. Not a God, but old men who felt uncomfortable being around menstruating women. Not a God, but old men who had massive sexual hangups.

It wasn't the sin of "Adam" that got passed down, it was misogynistic beliefs that were handed down.
““If the defiling mold reappears in the house after the stones have been torn out and the house scraped and plastered, the priest is to go and examine it and, if the mold has spread in the house, it is a persistent defiling mold; the house is unclean. It must be torn down—its stones, timbers and all the plaster—and taken out of the town to an unclean place.”
‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭14:43-45‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Some translations say plague some mold, either one it was something toxic where the house had to be torn down if it couldn’t be cleaned.

ecco

Veteran Member
Did God make them fail? No

The points you refuse to address are:
Your omnipotent God created them to his exacting specifications.
Your omniscient God knew for all of eternity what A&E would do.

You’re placing yourself as the judge and don’t think you’re going to be able to fill that spot with you’re limited knowledge.

I'm not judging your God. I'm just pointing out what the Bible clearly says happened. The only extraneous assumptions I am making is that you believe your God is Eternal, Omniscient, and Omnipotent.

If you do and you believe what is written in your Bible, then you have to admit that the above points are correct.

The points you refuse to address are:
Your omnipotent God created them to his exacting specifications.
Your omniscient God knew for all of eternity what A&E would do.

I'm not judging your God. I'm just pointing out what the Bible clearly says happened. The only extraneous assumptions I am making is that you believe your God is Eternal, Omniscient, and Omnipotent.

If you do and you believe what is written in your Bible, then you have to admit that the above points are correct.
I guess you should give it a go, see how you would’ve done it, if you were God. But to agree with your false assumptions and points, nope. You don’t even understand what God has done and the length He has gone to prove His love for us. He didn’t send an angel or delegate the hardest grunge work to someone else, He did it Himself.

A religious thread on a religious forum talking to people who sport evolution as the origin of life as fact, talking of your real life experience and what God has shown you and the unbeliever is calling a foul. I’d say the original post was the troll and an inflammatory comment. Some rightly said saying it was child abuse was wrong, even though they didn’t agree with the creation account and had a different view.