• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you responsible for your father's sins?

Faint

beckysoup61 said:
Faint you refernce, 1 Corinthians 15:22, is not referring to original sin.

It's referring to the natural death caused by Adam and Eve falling, not sin.
It's inherited death due to the sin of Adam/Eve. ProfLogic's point is valid. According to scripture, the reason people die, have to "toil" (most of us anyway), have pain in childbirth, get bitten by snakes is because of this inherited guilt for the alleged crimes of a pair of ancient ancestors. It's a good thing our legal system doesn't work this way.

SoyLeche said:
I said not to help. This was a test for Prof.
Sorry, I was impatient.

In other news, Prof...take notes.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Faint said:
It's inherited death due to the sin of Adam/Eve. ProfLogic's point is valid. According to scripture, the reason people die, have to "toil" (most of us anyway), have pain in childbirth, get bitten by snakes is because of this inherited guilt for the alleged crimes of a pair of ancient ancestors. It's a good thing our legal system doesn't work this way.

I'd hardly call it a sin in my interpretation of the events.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
*MOD POST*
PLEASE KEEP IT CIVIL. BE MINDFUL OF FORUM RULES AND THAT NOT EVERYBODY TAKES THINGS AS YOU INTEND THEM.

writer

12 There is nothing in the Bible that specifically points out original sin.
To the contrary: post 13 copies one.

18 natural death caused by Adam and Eve falling, not sin.
"the wages of sin is death," Rm 6:23;
"sin brings forth death," Jm 1:15;
"do not eat, for in the day you eat of it you shall surely die," Gen 2:17;
"alienated from the life of God," Eph 4:18

22 David was not referring to mankind as a whole, but to his own mother.
David, and she, exemplify the whole of mankind, like me, 'n u;
except One (2 Cor 5:21; etc); who r conceived in iniquity,
and thus born with sin, our sinful natures

re 26 Sin, like death,'s depressing

Faint

beckysoup61 said:
What LDS 'sequel'? If you are referring to the Book of Mormon, please call it that.
I do on occasion. Otherwise I like "Bible: Episode II-The Prophet Strikes Back"

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
Probably because David was not referring to mankind as a whole, but to his own mother.

Where does it say that on the bible? I don't recollect davids mother as a main character in the bible either so no one would know what kind of a person david's mother really is.

ProfLogic

Faint said:
I do on occasion. Otherwise I like "Bible: Episode II-The Prophet Strikes Back"

Beckysoup is a sweet lovable person.... even though she chastizes me she shares information..... You can probably use this.... bible the translated book of a king which was later compiled by a group of men who determined which stories should be used in order for people to follow due to the fact that they did not really have any laws to govern their lives during the old days since they were not educated enough to have a mind of their own.

Becky really wants to enligthen people about the LDS belief for that we should thank her, so people get more educated on their beliefs.

writer

32 Where does it say that on the bible?
u quoted it in your post 13

I don't recollect davids mother as a main character in the bible either so no one would know what kind of a person david's mother really is.
human

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
Where does it say that on the bible? I don't recollect davids mother as a main character in the bible either so no one would know what kind of a person david's mother really is.

David is the author of the Pslams. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
Beckysoup is a sweet lovable person.... even though she chastizes me she shares information..... You can probably use this.... bible the translated book of a king which was later compiled by a group of men who determined which stories should be used in order for people to follow due to the fact that they did not really have any laws to govern their lives during the old days since they were not educated enough to have a mind of their own.

Becky really wants to enligthen people about the LDS belief for that we should thank her, so people get more educated on their beliefs.
Pardon me?

I've never said anything about them not being educated enough, that is your own words, not mine. Although, I think they were more educated and enlightened then most of us want to think.

ProfLogic

writer said:
32 Where does it say that on the bible?
u quoted it in your post 13
I

The stories of the bible such as parables even though from a singles point of view refers to every one doesn't it? Now if david said his mother is only the sinner more than likely she would have been stoned to death wouldn't she?

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
beckysoup61 said:
Pardon me?

I've never said anything about them not being educated enough, that is your own words, not mine. Although, I think they were more educated and enlightened then most of us want to think.
I think that was intended as a compliment becky.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Nobody is responsible for anybody's sin. But I do believe human nature has been deprived of it's original state. Weakened in its powers, subject to ignorance, suffering and the domination of death.