• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you responsible for your father's sins?

ProfLogic

It seems like the bible preaches that sins are inherited through your father. Adam's sins were passed through to his offspring. Now do you think you are responsible for the sins that were committed by your father? if you do not believe in this are you a bad practitioner of your faith in the bible?

RevOxley_501

i do, but i believe it out of experience...

i believe one can be released from that bondage though--as i have been

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
It seems like the bible preaches that sins are inherited through your father. Adam's sins were passed through to his offspring. Now do you think you are responsible for the sins that were committed by your father? if you do not believe in this are you a bad practitioner of your faith in the bible?
Where does it say that? (Don't anyone help. This is a test)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The Bible doesn't "preach." The Bible is a record.

How can I be held responsible for something my father did?

We do not have "faith in the Bible." We have "faith in Jesus."

Bishka

Veteran Member
Absolutley not.

What I would like to know ProfLogic, is where the Bible states this? Would you give a reference with a book, chapter and verse?

I for one believe that men will be punished for their own sins and not for Adam's transgressions.

writer

effected by our fathers', and our common ancestor's, sins?
Is whut the Bible points out 'n preaches

ProfLogic

SoyLeche said:
Where does it say that? (Don't anyone help. This is a test)

I can't help you there since it appears that your prophets translate pieces of the bible as they deemed advantageous to themselves. But read genesis and why people get baptized.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
I can't help you there since it appears that your prophets translate pieces of the bible as they deemed advantageous to themselves. But read genesis and why people get baptized.

Actually you've been grossly misinformed by your own ignorance. Could you provide a reference in Genesis of where this purported verse is?

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
I said nothing about what LDS prophets have translated, and neither did you. You said the Bible says something. Where does it say it. We've gone over this before. If you don't know, just admit it.

And, BTW, I got baptized becuase I, myself, had sinned. Not because my dad (or Adam, for that matter) did.

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
Absolutley not.

What I would like to know ProfLogic, is where the Bible states this? Would you give a reference with a book, chapter and verse?

I for one believe that men will be punished for their own sins and not for Adam's transgressions.

Similar to your religion other religions have their translation of the bible. For example,of baptism. It washes the original sin that they were born with which in inherited from the loins of your father. Of course not mother since the main centeral point of th ebible are men, if you haven't noticed.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
Similar to your religion other religions have their translation of the bible. For example,of baptism. It washes the original sin that they were born with which in inherited from the loins of your father. Of course not mother since the main centeral point of th ebible are men, if you haven't noticed.

*Sigh*

You are completley avoiding the question. The question was specifically asked, where you found this intersting piece of information. You have yet to provide us with a reference or anything close to it.

The only "Church" that really believes that we still are paying for Adam's trangresssions is the Catholic Church. They believe in Original sin. Now, if you are ready to have a logical and fair debate, most of us are ready to correct your gross misunderstanding. There is nothing in the Bible that specifically points out original sin.

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
Absolutley not.

Alright so you don't hit your head again....

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity. In sin my mother conceived me. Is a refernece that you are born with sin. A few religion believe its Adam's thus your father.....
What's the LDS translation?

Faint

Oh you crazy kids.
SoyLeche said:
Where does it say it.
  1. <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">(Exodus 20:5) - "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me," <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">(Deuteronomy 5:9) - "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me," <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">(Exodus 34:6-7) - "Then the Lord passed by in front of him and proclaimed, "The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; 7who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations."
  2. (1 Cor. 15:22) - "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive."
Seems clear to me.

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
Alright so you don't hit your head again....

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity. In sin my mother conceived me. Is a refernece that you are born with sin. A few religion believe its Adam's thus your father.....
What's the LDS translation?
Oh my heck!!! Could it be??? Proflogic actually provided a scriptoral reference???

Are we born into a world where we will all eventually sin? Yes.

Are we born as sinners? No.

SoyLeche

meh...
Faint said:
Oh you crazy kids.
  1. <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">(Exodus 20:5) - "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me," <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">(Deuteronomy 5:9) - "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me," <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">(Exodus 34:6-7) - "Then the Lord passed by in front of him and proclaimed, "The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; 7who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations."
  2. (1 Cor. 15:22) - "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive."
Seems clear to me.
I said not to help. This was a test for Prof.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Faint you refernce, 1 Corinthians 15:22, is not referring to original sin.

It's referring to the natural death caused by Adam and Eve falling, not sin.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
ProfLogic said:
Adam was responsible for his own sins. For somebody who claims to know what the Bible teaches, you sure do get a lot of it wrong.

ProfLogic

SoyLeche said:
Oh my heck!!! Could it be??? Proflogic actually provided a scriptoral reference???

Are we born into a world where we will all eventually sin? Yes.

Are we born as sinners? No.

Why have this passage in the book of psalms?