• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you responsible for your father's sins?

ProfLogic

beckysoup61 said:
Pardon me?

I've never said anything about them not being educated enough, that is your own words, not mine. Although, I think they were more educated and enlightened then most of us want to think.

Sharing information about your religion might give a different view of what people have heard about your faith. The problem in the old days is that there were a lot of mysteries that today can be explained like earthquakes, tsunamis... etc. In these terms people where not educated then. Think also of the astronomers who were chaztized by religious leaders and who were forced to retract their statements. Remember religious leaders refused to admit that the world was round.

ProfLogic

Victor said:
Nobody is responsible for anybody's sin. But I do believe human nature has been deprived of it's original state. Weakened in its powers, subject to ignorance, suffering and the domination of death.

As a catholic, isn't the way original sins are explained as born with you.... thus only I think jesus and mary were born with no original sin?

writer

38 The stories of the bible such as parables even though from a singles point of view refers to every one doesn't it?
i 'gree w/ your post 13, sir. I quote the same thing. 'Twasn't a parable; Psalm 51:5's history 'n fact. Yes, thas the point: by xtension, Psa 51:5 refers to all o' us.
The unique exception's God in the flesh: Jesus Christ.
David was his father's 8th son. Jesse 'n his wife were lawfully wedded.

Thanx

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
ProfLogic said:
As a catholic, isn't the way original sins are explained as born with you.... thus only I think jesus and mary were born with no original sin?

We are all born with a corrupt nature. Christ was the only one not born with this nature. Mary certainly was born with this nature but fully submitted and responded to God's Grace, which resulted in a sinless life.

ProfLogic

Victor said:
We are all born with a corrupt nature. Christ was the only one not born with this nature. Mary certainly was born with this nature but fully submitted and responded to God's Grace, which resulted in a sinless life.

Are you saying corrupt as full of deceit/evil or easily corruptable. I would agree with you on the second part. When a child is born there are no indications that they are corrupt in nature so can you expalin your point of view further?

Quiddity

ProfLogic said:
Are you saying corrupt as full of deceit/evil or easily corruptable. I would agree with you on the second part. When a child is born there are no indications that they are corrupt in nature so can you expalin your point of view further?

By corrupt in nature I mean inclined to sin and a state of unfulfillment.

ProfLogic

Victor said:
By corrupt in nature I mean inclined to sin and a state of unfulfillment.

So it is almost the same as easily corruptable.. which is why some religions would want to start it at a very early age when children are not allowed to chose for themselves.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Victor said:
Nobody is responsible for anybody's sin.
Perhaps now, but it was not always that way:
Deu 23:2
A ******* shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

Not even to the tenth* generation could the children of one born from wed lock enter into the congregation. This is a prime example of the children, grand children, great grand children... ...great great great great great great great great great grandchildren being punished for the one sin of the parents.

*some versions say seventh instead of tenth

Quiddity

ProfLogic said:
So it is almost the same as easily corruptable.. which is why some religions would want to start it at a very early age when children are not allowed to chose for themselves.

And how does this apply only to religion? That's just how children are.

writer

48 When a child is born there are no indications that they are corrupt in nature
To the contrary regardin me, unlike others, at times i wuz naughty as a baby 'n toddler

ProfLogic

Victor said:
And how does this apply only to religion? That's just how children are.

Absolutely, that is why when a religion pratices the sins of the father excuse for the parishioners to follow the bible book, it appears that it is telling you that you are not worthy from very begining of your life and you need to be cleansed. I always asks cleased for what as a cell ..then a fetus you were never aware not even what sin is?

Quiddity

ProfLogic said:
Absolutely, that is why when a religion pratices the sins of the father excuse for the parishioners to follow the bible book, it appears that it is telling you that you are not worthy from very begining of your life and you need to be cleansed. I always asks cleased for what as a cell ..then a fetus you were never aware not even what sin is?

So what? You have the chance to reject it when you get older. Then it becomes meaningless. So what's the problem?

ProfLogic

Victor said:
So what? You have the chance to reject it when you get older. Then it becomes meaningless. So what's the problem?

Everyone is different. Some adults would believe no matter what others say. If look at the example of the people who commit autrocities to fellow human beings in the name of religion some of them where taught at a very early age. If you talk to them they still believe they are martyrs. It appears to be heavily brain washed by their leaders. Now there lies the problem.

In other examples people who were forced into their religions at an early age goes through mental anguish and anger inside. Haven't you heard of incidents of people who held back their anger cause they were children then but now decided to release their anger to their communities.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
ProfLogic said:
It seems like the bible preaches that sins are inherited through your father. Adam's sins were passed through to his offspring. Now do you think you are responsible for the sins that were committed by your father? if you do not believe in this are you a bad practitioner of your faith in the bible?

original sin doesn't exist in Judaism

next please.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
One is legally responsible for one's father's sins only to the extent that one inherits one's father's estate. ;)

Should succeeding generations take the spoils of sin free of encumbrances?

ProfLogic

jewscout said:
original sin doesn't exist in Judaism

next please.

I remember then saying jesus was a jew, and had to be baptized. Is there such thing in Judaism, if so what is it suppose to do. I believe in some religion its to wash the original sins.

ProfLogic

doppelgänger said:
One is legally responsible for one's father's sins only to the extent that one inherits one's father's estate. ;)

Should succeeding generations take the spoils of sin free of encumbrances?

Yes, if the father's estate was built upon underhanded, exploitation of people. If you decide to keep the wealth then you are guilty yourself if you inherited it.