• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you NOT new to ReligiousForums.com?

Yerda

Veteran Member
I didn't make an intro thread when I joined and I'm not about to start now.
This guy is often referred to as Frank, so I guess that's his name. He seems to be young, bright, and a little serious. He was a lefty then a fascist and now he's Catholic though he might have been Catholic the whole time. There you don't have to. ;)

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Hello,
I'm jeager106 (Del is my real name) and the jeager thing is German
meaning hunter. It's the serial number (106) of a custom built Jeager
flintlock muzzle loading rifle of the 1780's period.
I turned 69 on Sept 20th. (ouch)
I love gardening, fishing, and still do a little hunting.
I was taught to never kill an animal that won't be used for good reason
so I don't.
I'm a disabled police Lt., did 10 years as a detective, finally disabled
with my 13th serious injury, my 2nd broken back that put me in
rehab for 9 months learning to walk again. I took a disability retirement
in 1994, started college at 49, earned 2 degrees and rehab'ed my
way into supervision at General Motors for 8 years and retired again.
I don't remember when I joined RF but I'm a relative newbie.
I live part time with my fiance because she is wonderful and has
a 2 acre bass lake behind her house and a raised bed garden.:p
I'm, very Christian of no particular denomination and respect
others different culture and religions or lack there of.
I love it here because I learn so much of other religions
and cultures.
I LOVE LEARNING and hope to never stop having an open
mind and heart.
Thanks for reading,
jeager106

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have no idea how I ended up here. One day I woke up from an extended bender and found that I had, apparently, signed up here and had already written thousands of posts.
People tend to get straight and sometimes find religion after a bender so you're in good company.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This guy is often referred to as Frank, so I guess that's his name. He seems to be young, bright, and a little serious. He was a lefty then a fascist and now he's Catholic though he might have been Catholic the whole time. There you don't have to. ;)
All true. :p Except that I've gone back to being an anarcho-communist. Fascism, although it's interesting, often leads to me becoming someone who I really don't like.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I joined in 2006 but didn't start posting regularly until 2007. It was great, when I returned, I actually remembered my password.

Norman

Defender of Truth
Basically, we have a specific part of the forum wherein we get to know newbies, but we don't have one for those who aren't new, as far as I can remember. So I decided to come up with this thread so that we can somehow get to know each other. :)

Anyway, for those who don't know me yet, I am Baek Jo. I'm half Korean, that's why my name is like that. I'm a member here since 2008. I joined the forum out of my boredom with my high school life and interest in religious discussions. Looking back on my posts the previous years I am in here, I can say that I am a bit childish and sometimes annoying, I vent out a lot and post random things when I am really bored, which actually makes me laugh a bit while posting this, thinking of how things used to be. I've been out of here for quite long because I entered seminary school and do some personal things. Well, I didn't finish seminary. I got bored, a lot of things happened then I became 'agnostic' with my beliefs, so there, I'm now back. The reason why I keep on coming back here is that I have some 'friends' here, and I like the balance of discussion on the forum. Basically, you have a choice to debate or simply discuss both religious and non religious things right here.

Norman: Hi Renji, nice post. My real name is Norman and I reside in the United States, I am retired from the legal profession and I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. For years I was a Jew following in the foot steps of my Father. I have been a member now of the LDS faith for 35 years, I am currently a Bishop in my faith. I had to use Latin thru out my profession, so it became a second language to me, English being my first. I have a beautiful family and I find great joy in being a dad. I have a beautiful daughter who was born with Down's Syndrome, she is ours biologically. We adopted my son when he was a day old who has Fragile-X-Syndrome, bipolar and autistic. They both have health issues however they are doing well I would not trade them in for all the gold in the world. I joined RF in 2013 and I enjoy it very much, it is an awesome forum where I can talk to people from all walks of life. I enjoy my days of studying other religions, philosophy, cultures and linguistics and so many other things. Thank you.

Norman

Defender of Truth
I've been a member here long enough for my big gold star (we used to have stars that denoted how long someone was a member, and the big golden star was 10 years). I was a few months out of high school when I joined, and now I'm a few months out of college. But had I realized I would be here this long, I would have taken notes and I would have had a very interesting (and at times heated and intense with people at each other's throats.) ethnography on forum life.
I'll be 29 in 10 days. I'm an avid reader, an artist, and I love being outdoors.
I also have Asperger's Syndrome (except it's all just autism now with the DSM-V), and how that awareness, understanding, and eventual diagnosis came about was I learned about it from a former member here, and the more she described it, the more I realized it described me, especially the thinking in pictures part (that was what really stood out to me). Which up to that point I thought everyone did that.

Norman: Hi Shadow Wolf, your post really inspires me, happy early birthday. :balloon::balloon::birthdaycake: