• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you NOT new to ReligiousForums.com?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Middle Easterners are leaving and going anywhere and everywhere especially Europe these days. There's just something about being shot at, bombed, oppressed, poor and desperate that leads to a lot of traveling.
Oh, my reasons are completely different. I meant fed up with seeing them and being with them all my life having the same language, traditions and ways of life in general, nothing else. I always wanted to mix up with foreigner and speak English with them, giving them a feel of how a Middle Eastern guy can be :)

You were pretending your language calling you me, not I. Haha
Me understand not, confused much, headache a lot :p

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was referred to this forum by a member of another forum that I was addicted to. It was a forum for former members of the religion I came out of. The members of that religion call each other "friends", but I have experienced them as the least friendly people on this Earth, especially the ones who are formerly of that religion. I had never experienced hatefulness until I posted there. I think that on this forum hate is not allowed.

I first went on internet forums to examine my many beliefs which I had never heard of before as they came from within and not from without.

I want to say my first name but I think it is not wise and I shall say why I think so. At the last forum that I was on it was getting especially hateful and my family was getting threatening calls which of course, I associated with what was happening on the forum. That is why I was permanently removed from it because I had insinuated that the husband of one of the posters there was the culprit. There was enough evidence in my opinion. I am glad I can no longer go there.

I live in beautiful Maine and I would be glad to host a group of RF members. What fun! I can cook and most of you will sleep on the floor.

I do not attract so much hate anymore because I have learned to be a more careful poster.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I suppose I should also introduce myself since I never did. I first came here because a question someone asked was spotted by a Google search. So I barged right in, went to the DIR and posted not being aware of DIR rules at the time. No one objected then, fortunately. The complaints came later when I tried to post in the Jewish DIR because I'm Jewish but not observant of Jewish religious tenants.

My first name is Jerry and I'm a follower of Meher Baba and thus land in the "spiritual but not religious" camp since there is no "Meher Baba religion", at least not yet. So I label my religion "love" since that's what I try to practice where 'try' is the important word. I find that if one looks underneath the theology, every religion is based on fundamental principles: love/compassion, truth, justice and happiness. Atheists also believe in the same basic things. And I find that understanding what others think and believe in helps round out my own understanding of life.
Funny....you don't look Jewish.

Anyway, I never said how I wound up at THC (The History Channel) back in 2007.
They had a show about the evils of the "godless" middle ages.
What self respecting argumentative heathen could let that go without fulmination?
So I signed up, & western civilization began its fall.

Btw, back then we joked that "THC" stood for "The Hitler Channel".
It was a popular subject for multiple shows.
They are no more, having ended the discussion forums in 2010.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We should totally get together and have an RF party. Drinking optional, for those who are into that sort of thing. We can hold it in Austria, it seems a decent neutral place, being far away for the Americans and for the Indians and Australians :)
A party without drinks! Call Azlyz and Kalyan instead. Austrian police will take us to be refugees.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, my reasons are completely different. I meant fed up with seeing them and being with them all my life having the same language, traditions and ways of life in general, nothing else. I always wanted to mix up with foreigner and speak English with them, giving them a feel of how a Middle Eastern guy can be :)
Be careful about giving us ferriners "a feel".
(Some of us aren't into touching.)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Funny....you don't look Jewish.

Anyway, I never said how I wound up at THC (The History Channel) back in 2007.
They had a show about the evils of the "godless" middle ages.
What self respecting argumentative heathen could let that go without fulmination?
So I signed up, & western civilization began its fall.

Btw, back then we joked that "THC" stood for "The Hitler Channel".
It was a popular subject for multiple shows.
They are no more, having ended the discussion forums in 2010.
I acknowledge your key role in helping western civilization fall. I'm looking forward to its replacement: civilization 10.0

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hi everyone,

My name is Tuan, like Juan with a T. Where I'm from, it's much easier to describe my name that way. I live in San Jose, CA. I'm 40 years old, Vietnamese, married, have 2 lovely kids and another on the way.

I joined about a year ago. The reason was to better understand religion's stance against homosexuality. My first post was about the main religions and why its was so homophobic. And, frankly, I still don't understand it. It's a head scratcher, but whatever.

I'm a very straight-forward person. I don't believe in walking on egg shells so I try to be as transparent as possible to let any relationships settle quickly. I have no problems with people disliking me because I've learned to accept imperfection. I had depressions years ago over self-esteem and confidence issues, but after accepting my core identity everything just smoothed out. Kind of like smoking a blunt and letting it loose. Go with the flow so to speak.

I'm a SW engineer and I love what I do. I used to be a manager but the political side was too much to bare so I went back to development.

I also love sports and competition. I play soccer and basketball, but more into soccer lately. I think its great to build teamwork and personal skills. I love electronic music and dancing. Went to raves and clubs years ago but had to retire in my glow sticks now that I have a family to take care of.

Now, I just bicker with you folks. LOL
Your avatar doesn't look at all Vietnamese.
And I agree that engineering is much more fun than managing.
I never knew how good I had it in the old days, being paid to invent & make things!

suncowiam

Your avatar doesn't look at all Vietnamese.
And I agree that engineering is much more fun than managing.
I never knew how good I had it in the old days, being paid to invent & make things!

I have an avatar? Yeah, management were some of my worst days. I don't mind admitting I was a horrible manager.

I'm so glad I went back to engineering.

What did you do before?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have an avatar? Yeah, management were some of my worst days. I don't mind admitting I was a horrible manager.
I'm so glad I went back to engineering.
What did you do before?
Straight out of skool (BSME & MSME at UofM), I worked at Northrop, Black & Decker, Koppers Co & Knorr Bremse.
I soon realized that I'd be happier doing contract engineering for the variety & better pay.
I became an industrial whore doing aerospace, control systems, automotive (heavy trucks) & misc.
But I quit to become a full time landlord. That was much more demanding & ultimately less interesting.
I don't like management because there are too many hats to wear, & I'd much rather do the technical stuff.
Oh, well....live & learn.
I'm still in real estate, but getting more into manufacturing & engine history.
My long term goal is a major museum expansion somewhere.
(Won't say where cuz I'll jinx it.)

So.....tell me about software engineering!

suncowiam

Straight out of skool (BSME & MSME at UofM), I worked at Northrop, Black & Decker, Koppers Co & Knorr Bremse.
I soon realized that I'd be happier doing contract engineering for the variety & better pay.
I became an industrial whore doing aerospace, control systems, automotive (heavy trucks) & misc.
But I quit to become a full time landlord. That was much more demanding & ultimately less interesting.
I don't like management because there are too many hats to wear, & I'd much rather do the technical stuff.
Oh, well....live & learn.
I'm still in real estate, but getting more into manufacturing & engine history.
My long term goal is a major museum expansion somewhere.
(Won't say where cuz I'll jinx it.)

So.....tell me about software engineering!

Nice man. I have some ME friends. I also want to get into real estate but not sure if I want to go full time there with multiple rentals. Yeah, it doesn't look too enjoyable.

I'm an Android engineer working from a company that builds ARM processors that are typical in phones and tablets. I used to work very close with the HW, but now I work at the highest layer with Applications and APIs.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
My name is Albert, I'm 58 - yikes! (How the hell did THAT happen!)

As you might guess, I like Icelandic horses, the avatar is a picture of one of mine. (I'm also a SW developer.)

I came here from some other mostly-Muslim discussion sites, because the other sites were too restrictive to get any sort of conversation going. I think the mods here do a great job (and I promise I'm not brown-nosing). I've been a mod on another site for a decade, and I know how hard it is to keep things civil. The level of civility is a main reason I stay. It's sometimes difficult to get a conversation headed in an interesting direction, but it always feels safe to try.

The other reason I'm here is to do my part to making the world a better place for my daughters, and for everyone's kids and grandkids. I think I've become better informed, and I hope a better debater since being here.

Oh and BTW, congrats to SmartGuy for becoming a moderator - you rock dude!

Chakra

Premium Member
I never made an introduction post so I guess here is my opportunity.

Real name is Aniruddha, 20 years old.
Reside currently in Irving, California.
Been a vegetarian for 5 years and a vegan for 2 years.
My parents are followers of neo-Advaita and Smartism, and are pretty much the only people in my extended family who are vegetarian and serious about spirituality (at least my dad is).

Joined this forum so I could learn more about Hindu philosophy and Indian religions in general. I will say that I have learned a ton about Sikhism, Buddhism, and Shaivism from learned members here. Also I've made some pretty cool friends, so that makes me want to return here every now and then. :)

Last edited: