• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you Certain There is no God?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This would be a wall indeed.

The questions seem rather insincere.

Absolute truth.

Does it exist and can anyone know it?

Joy

PS. I answer my own questions in the affirmative...
And yes to your question: ‘Can I demonstrate...’ see my first sentence...
I was completely sincere. I asked which prophecies you believe were fulfilled by Jesus and if you could demonstrate how, when, and where they were fulfilled. Of course that would be a wall, so that was a loaded question, and if course you could not post all those prophecies.

The issue at hand is that Jesus did not fulfill all the Bible prophecies and that is one reason that many Jews have rejected Jesus. You can demonstrate prophecies that Jesus did fulfill, but there are many more that were not fulfilled by Jesus.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How could the Messianic Age have began in 1844 if the Messiah is not ruling now?
The Messiah is ruling now.

“THE Most Great Law is come, and the Ancient Beauty ruleth upon the throne of David. Thus hath My Pen spoken that which the histories of bygone ages have related. At this time, however, David crieth aloud and saith: ‘O my loving Lord! Do Thou number me with such as have stood steadfast in Thy Cause, O Thou through Whom the faces have been illumined, and the footsteps have slipped!’” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 89-90

Skywalker

I was completely sincere. I asked which prophecies you believe were fulfilled by Jesus and if you could demonstrate how, when, and where they were fulfilled. Of course that would be a wall, so that was a loaded question, and if course you could not post all those prophecies.

The issue at hand is that Jesus did not fulfill all the Bible prophecies and that is one reason that many Jews have rejected Jesus. You can demonstrate prophecies that Jesus did fulfill, but there are many more that were not fulfilled by Jesus.

Jesus came just before the destruction of the second temple.

Skywalker

The Messiah is ruling now.

“THE Most Great Law is come, and the Ancient Beauty ruleth upon the throne of David. Thus hath My Pen spoken that which the histories of bygone ages have related. At this time, however, David crieth aloud and saith: ‘O my loving Lord! Do Thou number me with such as have stood steadfast in Thy Cause, O Thou through Whom the faces have been illumined, and the footsteps have slipped!’” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 89-90

There is no peace in Israel now.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Frankly, I have no idea what you are on about. How about you showing me examples of deified natural phenomena that are not associated with intention, desire or emotional state.

*facepalm* This, after I just got done remarking about out how anthropomorphism is a literary device.
If you don't understand what that means or how to apply that to mythologies - and it is sure sounding like you don't - I can't help you. I can show you, but you won't see or understand because you can't stop taking things literally. You won't process that presenting gods in human terms (anthropomorphism) doesn't mean they are literally like humans, or that gods are not literally bearded white male humans in the sky, or any of that. That's fine. Plenty of folks - both theists and atheists - are stuck in literalist mindsets. If you find life satisfaction in it, that's what matters.

All of this does hearken back to why no matter
how many times I try to explain certain things to some folks, they will never get it - the box they're thinking in doesn't allow for any other result. Been there, done that. Broke out of that after doing a lot of critical thinking and questioning of my assumptions. That doesn't happen for everyone, nor does it need to. Again, life satisfaction is all I care about for others. If someone is happy being a mythological literalist - and there are theists and atheists who take this approach to mythology - go for it.

Love God

Another question is: Which of those prophecies do you believer were fulfilled by Jesus? Can you demonstrate how, when, and where they were fulfilled?

Thank you for your consideration.

Yes. There are some 500 prophesies in the bible.
It has been stated that Jesus fulfilled about 150 of those... with the remaining yet to happen.
The difference being those of the first appearing of the Messiah and those of the second appearing.
The Jews saw the second coming prophesies and missed those of his first appearing.

Who doesn’t want a King who will come in, conquer, and set things right?
Who wants a Messiah who dies and then to have the heathen claim him on top of that!

It is a weighty matter that you request.

Are you a spiritual person? Or a ‘true’ atheist?

Joy

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There is no peace in Israel now.
There is no reason to think that there should be peace in Israel, as there are no Bible prophecies that say that peace would happen as soon as the Messiah came or even during his lifetime.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Baha’u’llah was the Prince of Peace because world peace will be established during His religious dispensation, which will last no less than 1000 years from the year 1852, when it began..

Heyo

Veteran Member
2. Prophecies that will be fulfilled during the Messianic Age, which includes the Dispensation of Baha'u'llah but could extend beyond that. The Dispensation of Baha'u'llah will last no less than 1000 years (1852-2852 AD), but it could last longer. It will last until another Messenger of God appears, and that could happen any time after 2852 AD but not any sooner.

Is there any evidence supporting those claims? Is there any hypothesis how those thing could be known?
Did Abdu'l-Baha really mean what he said about science?

Skywalker

There is no reason to think that there should be peace in Israel, as there are no Bible prophecies that say that peace would happen as soon as the Messiah came or even during his lifetime.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Baha’u’llah was the Prince of Peace because world peace will be established during His religious dispensation, which will last no less than 1000 years from the year 1852, when it began..

Why wouldn't world peace happen right when the Messiah rules the world?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Thank you for your consideration.

Yes. There are some 500 prophesies in the bible.
It has been stated that Jesus fulfilled about 150 of those... with the remaining yet to happen.
The difference being those of the first appearing of the Messiah and those of the second appearing.
The Jews saw the second coming prophesies and missed those of his first appearing.
Yes, I agree that the Jews saw the second coming prophesies and missed those of his first appearing.

I believe there was to be a second appearing of the Messiah but it was not ever slated to be Jesus, because Jesus never promised to return, and in fact Jesus said that His work was finished here and He was no more in the world:

(John 14:19, John 17:4, John 17:11, John 19:30, John 18:36)

How then could there be a second coming of the same man Jesus?
Who doesn’t want a King who will come in, conquer, and set things right?
Who wants a Messiah who dies and then to have the heathen claim him on top of that!
But that cannot be the same man Jesus, because Jesus never promised to return, and He said His work was finished here on earth.
Are you a spiritual person? Or a ‘true’ atheist?
I am a believer and I believe in Jesus and all the other Manifestations of God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

From my understanding he failed at most of the messianic prophecies and some that he fulfilled appeared to have been written into the story after the fact.

I always like to ask them to be brought up one at a time. The vast majority of them are merely examples of quote mining and a slight resemblance to an event in Jesus's life. Hardly what I would call a "fulfilled prophecy".

Skywalker

Yes, I agree that the Jews saw the second coming prophesies and missed those of his first appearing.

I believe there was to be a second appearing of the Messiah but it was not ever slated to be Jesus, because Jesus never promised to return, and in fact Jesus said that His work was finished here and He was no more in the world:

(John 14:19, John 17:4, John 17:11, John 19:30, John 18:36)

How then could there be a second coming of the same man Jesus?

But that cannot be the same man Jesus, because Jesus never promised to return, and He said His work was finished here on earth.

I am a believer and I believe in Jesus and all the other Manifestations of God.

Jesus promised to return to the apostle Peter because he said about John if I want him to live until I come what is that to you?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Is there any evidence supporting those claims? Is there any hypothesis how those thing could be known?
Do you mean the claims that the Messianic Age prophecies will fulfilled during this age?
That cannot be known until they are fulfilled, but Baha'is believe they will be fulfilled because of the other evidence that supports the claims of Baha'u'llah.
Did Abdu'l-Baha really mean what he said about science?
Why would he say something he did not mean? The harmony of science and religion is one of the fundamental principles of the Baha'i Faith.

Science and Religion | What Bahá’ís Believe

Skywalker

Do you mean the claims that the Messianic Age prophecies will fulfilled during this age?
That cannot be known until they are fulfilled, but Baha'is believe they will be fulfilled because of the other evidence that supports the claims of Baha'u'llah.

Why would he say something he did not mean? The harmony of science and religion is one of the fundamental principles of the Baha'i Faith.

Science and Religion | What Bahá’ís Believe

Jesus came once as our redeemer from sin and the next time He comes will be as our conquering king.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
*facepalm* This, after I just got done remarking about out how anthropomorphism is a literary device. If you don't understand what that means or how to apply that to mythologies - and it is sure sounding like you don't - I can't help you. I can show you, but you won't see or understand because you can't stop taking things literally. You won't process that presenting gods in human terms (anthropomorphism) doesn't mean they are literally like humans, or that gods are not literally bearded white male humans in the sky, or any of that. That's fine. Plenty of folks - both theists and atheists - are stuck in literalist mindsets. If you find life satisfaction in it, that's what matters.

All of this does hearken back to why no matter
how many times I try to explain certain things to some folks, they will never get it - the box they're thinking in doesn't allow for any other result. Been there, done that. Broke out of that after doing a lot of critical thinking and questioning of my assumptions. That doesn't happen for everyone, nor does it need to. Again, life satisfaction is all I care about for others. If someone is happy being a mythological literalist - and there are theists and atheists who take this approach to mythology - go for it.
I thought not.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Why wouldn't world peace happen right when the Messiah rules the world?
Why would it happen instantly? World peace depends upon human actions, the Messiah does not just wave a magic wand and make it happen. That is magical thinking.

How do you envision the Messiah ruling the world, like a king on a throne?

Skywalker

Why would it happen instantly? World peace depends upon human actions, the Messiah does not just wave a magic wand and make it happen. That is magical thinking.

How do you envision the Messiah ruling the world, like a king on a throne?

I envision the Messiah ruling the world as a family member, a father figure.