• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

are we the creators?

Muri27

The question of whether there is a conclusive argument for the existence of God has been debated throughout history, with exceedingly intelligent people taking both sides of the dispute. In recent times, arguments against the possibility of God’s existence daring anyone to believe in God as being irrational.
Sigmund Freud wrote that a person who believed in a Creator God was delusional and only held those beliefs due to a “wish-fulfillment” factor.

i am a ferm believer in the power of the human mind.
If you look at the sci-fi movies of the past, is it not weird that most of those ideas are part of the reality of now?

i could ofcourse mix causality here, but does it seem we are actually creating we world around us we visualise with our mind?

what are your thoughts about this? can we actually create with our mind?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree that the mind is very powerful and instrumental. Our thoughts certainly create our future.

But I do not think that this makes any conclusions on the existence of a Creator. And if you happen to be implying that we literally create God with our thoughts- no, I do not believe that can happen.

Neither do I take Freud too seriously; a man who believed that a person who experiences any sexual fantasies must be highly sexually frustrated.

Muri27

haha did not know that, but i am not implying i agree with Freud, just that alot of people agree with the point he made and use it in everyday arguments.

but i am pointing out that we actually create the world around us, not creating god, but rather are god(s) and that we don't have to look around us to find proof if there is or there issent a god. But rather inside us. (spiritualism)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Freud severely oversimplified things. While he was important in the field of modern psychology, I don't believe his teachings have much relevance today.

While we do have strong creative tendencies, I don't think we can simply "create" only with our minds; we need other components.

As a side note, when I saw the thread title, all I could think about was Shatner's famous "WE... are the creator" line. :D

LDox

I would have to agree that the argument for or against god is only going to come from inside one's self.
I will say however that I do not think we are gods rather we are coming closer to a personification of god with advancements in technology. After all one of the main statements made about god is that he is omnipotent. With the internet we are also becoming closer to that description everyday. As more cameras are put up and more people gain access to them, it becomes easier for us to see every thing that is going on any where in the world at any given point.

Etritonakin

The question of whether there is a conclusive argument for the existence of God has been debated throughout history, with exceedingly intelligent people taking both sides of the dispute. In recent times, arguments against the possibility of God’s existence daring anyone to believe in God as being irrational.
Sigmund Freud wrote that a person who believed in a Creator God was delusional and only held those beliefs due to a “wish-fulfillment” factor.

i am a ferm believer in the power of the human mind.
If you look at the sci-fi movies of the past, is it not weird that most of those ideas are part of the reality of now?

i could ofcourse mix causality here, but does it seem we are actually creating we world around us we visualise with our mind?

what are your thoughts about this? can we actually create with our mind?

An excerpt from a conversation between God (the Father) and the Word (Logos -the being who became human as Christ)......

Gen 11:6 "And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."

...and a verse concerning our potential....

Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

God's purpose is to reproduce.

He is making more gods.....
Create?????? You have no idea!!!!!!

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Joh 10:10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

EVER WONDER WHAT YOU WOULD DO FOR ETERNITY?

Last edited:
An excerpt from a conversation between God (the Father) and the Word (Logos -the being who became human as Christ)......

Gen 11:6 "And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."

...and a verse concerning our potential....

Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

God's purpose is to reproduce.

He is making more gods.....
Create?????? You have no idea!!!!!!

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Joh 10:10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

EVER WONDER WHAT YOU WOULD DO FOR ETERNITY?

Sounds like typical Mormon doctrine to me! :rolleyes: