• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we following the correct Biblical calendar?

W3bcrowf3r

There is a Biblical calendar. And a Rabbinical calendar. Which one are we following? And which one should we follow?

rosends

who is "we"? And what can you tell me about this biblical calendar? How many days in a month? How many months in a year? How many hours in a day?

W3bcrowf3r

We is the believers in general? I know there are 12 months and 24 hours. Thats what i learned from Scripture.

But my knowledge about the luni and solar cycles is very poor.

I think there are 364 days in a year. Because of the 7 days model of the Bible. And the Book of Enoch states that there are 364 days per year.

There are 354 days in the luni cycle? And 364 in the solar cycle? This also explains why God uses 40 days in the Bible, since there are 10 extra days in the year if you use the luni cycles only.

Once every 3 years the luni solar calendar can be readjusted as well. This is why i think God made the moon cycle 354 days per year? And the sun 364 days per year.

So whats your understanding about this topic?

rosends

"We is the believers in general" -- believers in what?

1. Why do you know that there are 12 months? Source?
2. Why 24 hours in a day? Source?
2a. How long is an hour? Source?
3. The Book of Enoch is not part of the bible that "we" follow.

W3bcrowf3r

"We is the believers in general" -- believers in what?

1. Why do you know that there are 12 months? Source?
2. Why 24 hours in a day? Source?
2a. How long is an hour? Source?
3. The Book of Enoch is not part of the bible that "we" follow.

So what kind of calendar do you follow? How do you know when Pesach is? And when to have the yearly Holidays if you want to perform Pelgrimage to Jerusalem?

rosends

So what kind of calendar do you follow? How do you know when Pesach is? And when to have the yearly Holidays if you want to perform Pelgrimage to Jerusalem?
I follow the Jewish calendar. You are positing a distinction between 2 calendars but have yet to show any information for one of the choices.

W3bcrowf3r

I follow the Jewish calendar. You are positing a distinction between 2 calendars but have yet to show any information for one of the choices.

I am talking about the Biblical calendar and the rabbinical calendar. They have nearly the same names. But they are in a different order?

rosends

I am talking about the Biblical calendar and the rabbinical calendar. They have nearly the same names. But they are in a different order?
But you have not given any source or details for this "biblical calendar". How can you use it if you can't present its source and details?

W3bcrowf3r

But you have not given any source or details for this "biblical calendar". How can you use it if you can't present its source and details?

Umm to avoid a discussion. My question is, which calendar should we follow and is it Biblical.

rosends

Umm to avoid a discussion. My question is, which calendar should we follow and is it Biblical.
If "we" is Jews, then I recommend following the Jewish calendar as there is no other choice. You still seem to want to say that there is a choice between two calendars but I have yet to see that there is any other option.

W3bcrowf3r

If "we" is Jews, then I recommend following the Jewish calendar as there is no other choice. You still seem to want to say that there is a choice between two calendars but I have yet to see that there is any other option.

Ah i was looking at the biblical calendar and the rabbinical calendar. Of course the biblical calendar is the true one. But that's why i am figuring out how to use the biblical one.

Example, my questions are, how many days do we have in a month. And how does a 12 monthly year look like.

rosends

Ah i was looking at the biblical calendar and the rabbinical calendar. Of course the biblical calendar is the true one. But that's why i am figuring out how to use the biblical one.

Example, my questions are, how many days do we have in a month. And how does a 12 monthly year look like.
So you have decided that the biblical calendar is the true one but you don't seem to have any information about how it works. Got it.

W3bcrowf3r

So you have decided that the biblical calendar is the true one but you don't seem to have any information about how it works. Got it.

Are you going to help or are you going to ask questions and discus?

If you know how the Biblical one works. Then feel free to share your thoughts.

rosends

Are you going to help or are you going to ask questions and discus?

If you know how the Biblical one works. Then feel free to share your thoughts.
I am helping -- I am helping you refine your initial thesis by asking questions. I can't answer if I don't understand your premise. What needs to be clarified is whether YOU understand your thesis. Why do you think that there are two different calendars?

W3bcrowf3r

You are following the Rabbinical calendar right? That differs slightly from the Biblical calendar.

My question is. How does the Biblical calendar work.

Please, lets stop discussing if you cant give answers.

rosends

You are following the Rabbinical calendar right? That differs slightly from the Biblical calendar.

My question is. How does the Biblical calendar work.

Please, lets stop discussing if you cant give answers.
I am following the Jewish calendar. You insist that the "rabbinical" calendar differs from the biblical one, but you don't seem to have any information about the biblical one, so how do you come to that conclusion?

Then your question is "how does the biblical calendar work"? If you don't know that then how can you know that it is different from anything?

W3bcrowf3r

I am following the Jewish calendar. You insist that the "rabbinical" calendar differs from the biblical one, but you don't seem to have any information about the biblical one, so how do you come to that conclusion?

Then your question is "how does the biblical calendar work"? If you don't know that then how can you know that it is different from anything?

So you are not going to explain how to Biblical calendar works? Fine, i will go ask somewhere else where they can actually help.

W3bcrowf3r

You are the one who insists it exists! I'm trying to figure out what you are pointing to.

Brother, i already said twice that i think there is a biblical and rabbinical calendar. And i am asking how the Biblical one works.

Do you know how to biblical one works? I am trying to figure out how a year works. If you know something about this topic, feel free to share your understanding.