• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there more than ONE plan of Salvation ?

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I don't think there is just one way to God, but many. Why? Because this whole, "believe ths, do this, and say this, if you don't you'll go to a hell" is to unjust. If there was one certain and only one, way to God, then there wouldnt be so many religions.

Many people are gonna have to realize you can't capitalize the Creator as if he is a product and exclusive to your little brand.

He can be found in many ways, a bit watered down, but he can still effect and help people. He IS the Creator afterall.

True salvation is obtained by fulfilling your destiny, becoming one with him.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Hi to all , and most will not agree to what will be written , but it is taken from the Bible .

#1 , In Eph 2:8 we are saved by Grace , for this is the Dispensati0on of the Grace of God , in Eph 3:1-9 . This should be a given by all ?

#2 , The other plan of salvation is found in Mark 16:15-18 , and He that believeth and is BAPTIZED shal be saved .

#3 , And there will be the Gentiles in the 1000 year reign of Christ and these Gentiles will be saved by being GRAFTED into the Olive Tree in Rom 11 . Today , there is NO grafting being done today , or the New Covenant in operation .

I see 3 ways that God will deal with man and this means that there is more than one gospel that will be preached and for 2000 years , the Gospel of the Grace of God has been preached .

The Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven will again be preached before the end of the Tribulation , in Matt 24:13 and 14 .

This , also means that Repentance and water baptism will be preached during the Tribulation , otherwise , why rebuild the Temple during the Tribulation ? dan p
There is one plan and a thousand misrepresentations. Read the whole Bible.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
I don't think there is just one way to God, but many. Why? Because this whole, "believe ths, do this, and say this, if you don't you'll go to a hell" is to unjust. If there was one certain and only one, way to God, then there wouldnt be so many religions.

Many people are gonna have to realize you can't capitalize the Creator as if he is a product and exclusive to your little brand.

He can be found in many ways, a bit watered down, but he can still effect and help people. He IS the Creator afterall.

Maybe according to philosophy, but not according to the Bible.
The reason there are so many religions is
(NIV) 2 Timothy 4:3-4
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. [4] They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Unfortunately only a few will actually make it.

(NIV) Matthew 7:14
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. [4] They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

The fact is that the Bible paints a much clear specific picture. It's not about rules either. Doing the will of God involves faith and relationship. The connextion with God gives us the power to live a holy life. Yes its hard, but doable and rewarding.

(NIV) Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ

The fact is that the Bible paints a very clear specific picture. It's not about rules either. It's about doing the will of God, which involves faith and relationship. The connection with God gives us the power to live a holy life. Yes its hard, but doable and rewarding.

(NIV) Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Last edited:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
If you say so. I guess when you say "merciful" and "just" God, you only mean to say he is merciful and just to those who do the right belief.

If you are right about this, then how do you feel about the possibility that you are wrong and heaven if only some other denomination?

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
If you say so. I guess when you say "merciful" and "just" God, you only mean to say he is merciful and just to those who do the right belief.

If you are right about this, then how do you feel about the possibility that you are wrong and heaven if only some other denomination?

I most definitely consider the possibility of being wrong. So I get into the Word every day to understand it. After a while away from the Word, it fades, from neural and my heart's memory.

Correct me if I am wrong. It sounds that the foundation you are describing is that everyone starts of going to heaven or being saved and then loses it if he/she chooses the wrong denomination. We all start off clean until we sin - everyone sins. (NIV)Ephesians 2:3-5 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. [4] But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, [5] made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions---it is by grace you have been saved.

God is merciful to us all by giving us the opportunity to be saved. But He does give us the choice to choose Him or not. It's not about denomination, but whether we, as individuals follow his Word. There are many individuals who attend churches where there are no false doctrines, but themselves are not faithful to God.

Last edited:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
And yet there is still the hole that many people don't accept Jesu andd in your belief, they are condemned. And you also said they need to follow the right teachings. Totally ignoring the fact that many are rightousx moral people without Jesu.

One thing I can't understand is that if jesus was that important to the whole world, that you could spend eternity in hell for not believing him, why would his revelation not even be shown to all of Israel?
I most definitely consider the possibility of being wrong. So I get into the Word every day to understand it. After a while away from the Word, it fades, from neural and my heart's memory.

Correct me if I am wrong. It sounds that the foundation you are describing is that everyone starts of going to heaven or being saved and then loses it if he/she chooses the wrong denomination. We all start off clean until we sin - everyone sins. (NIV)Ephesians 2:3-5 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. [4] But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, [5] made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions---it is by grace you have been saved.

God is merciful to us all by giving us the opportunity to be saved. But He does give us the choice to choose Him or not. It's not about denomination, but whether we, as individuals follow his Word. There are many individuals who attend churches where there are no false doctrines, but themselves are not faithful to God.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
And yet there is still the hole that many people don't accept Jesu andd in your belief, they are condemned. And you also said they need to follow the right teachings. Totally ignoring the fact that many are rightousx moral people without Jesu.

One thing I can't understand is that if jesus was that important to the whole world, that you could spend eternity in hell for not believing him, why would his revelation not even be shown to all of Israel?

It was shown to all of Israel originally.

Of course there are right teachings. In the above scripture it mentions sound doctrine.
Galatians 1:8-9, 1 Tmothy 4:16, 2 Peter 3:16, John 12:47-50, Acts 17:11, and many more. Even people who disagree with me on what those teachings are, acknowledge that there are right teachings.

Regarding all over the world in locations and circumstances where people don't have access to the truth, I thought I knew a scripture that addressed that but I have been unable to find it. Will have to get back to you on that

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
What do you mean originally?
It was shown to all of Israel originally.

Of course there are right teachings. In the above scripture it mentions sound doctrine.
Galatians 1:8-9, 1 Tmothy 4:16, 2 Peter 3:16, John 12:47-50, Acts 17:11, and many more. Even people who disagree with me on what those teachings are, acknowledge that there are right teachings.

Regarding all over the world in locations and circumstances where people don't have access to the truth, I thought I knew a scripture that addressed that but I have been unable to find it. Will have to get back to you on that

e.r.m.

Church of Christ

It was shown to all of Israel originally. Jesus spent three years teaching people, preparing people's hearts, meeting needs, and performing miracles. Then He died for them and had the apostles take the good news to greater masses.

Of course we need to follow the right teachings. In the above scripture it mentions sound doctrine. So many scriptures that establish that we need to follow the right teaching.
Galatians 1:8-9, 1 Tmothy 4:16, 2 Peter 3:16, John 12:47-50, and many more. Even people who disagree with me on what those teachings are, acknowledge that there are right teachings. The harder part usually is not accepting what the Bible says, the harder part is living it.

Last edited: