• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are theists getting scared?

Luminous

non-existential luminary
currently... many threads have been poping up asking why nontheists come to religious forums; no, more like urging nontheists to leave. So i ask: why don't theists just remove themselves to an ivory tower where logic and reason and DEBATE can't reach them, if it hurts so much to have others question you? now, i understand that not all theists are feeling this way and that this opinion of mine is biased becuase of my believe (non-theism). but i urge all theists not to be threatened by the firmness with which non-theists and agnostics hold their believes. after all, they are just that, "believes"; and the fitness of evidence depends mostly upon the eye of the beholder, as everything does. So, religious forums are not just for the religulous and the linient/learning/curious non-theists; RF is for all who wish to participate in a religious forum, be that to support religion or show its falseness. So, stop trying to shoo us away please... its getting quite iritating. Any thoughts?:shrug:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I think most of the time the people who make those threads might actually just wonder why you would want to come here if you didn't believe in any sort of religion. I don't think they are usually actually telling us to leave... Some seem sort of mean though sometimes. But really, I think usually the person asking just thinks it's odd that you'd want to be here if you don't agree with everyone else, even though disagreements are all over the place among various groups of theists as well, and even within one group of theists. I don't know. It doesn't really matter, does it? Because no one can make me leave. :D You're all stuck with me now.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I myself wasn't always watching what groups I responded to. If they are christan and they only want to debate other Christans, Jewish, Islamists they should be allowed.

We should only debate where our group is welcome and the groups that are for all philosophies.

So watch which group you are trying to debate the rules are listed for the groups if you don't agree don't debate.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I think if you look at the Theist you start post like that you will see that they are usually the Theist the all us other Theist also argue against, and to them we're no different then the Atheist most of the time. Just like the newest thread like the ones you're talking about by Roli, Non-Christian and Atheist might as well be the same thing for all he cares.

J Bryson

Bob, I like your signature, but may I make one suggestion?

It's irrelevant whether or not anyone allows you your beliefs. By stating that someone is putting themselves in a position to do so, you imply that there are other times when they may disallow you your beliefs.

J Bryson

I think if you look at the Theist you start post like that you will see that they are usually the Theist the all us other Theist also argue against, and to them we're no different then the Atheist most of the time. Just like the newest thread like the ones you're talking about by Roli, Non-Christian and Atheist might as well be the same thing for all he cares.

Yeah. I'm good with most of the Atheists around here. It's only a few people on the Theist side who seem to be offended by the presence of the nonbelievers.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
I myself wasn't always watching what groups I responded to. If they are christan and they only want to debate other Christans, Jewish, Islamists they should be allowed.

We should only debate where our group is welcome and the groups that are for all philosophies.

So watch which group you are trying to debate the rules are listed for the groups if you don't agree don't debate.
i figured 'general religious debates' was a good place. and i did mention that they have ivory towers were they can retreat if tired of argument. we all do.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da

If they want that then they should only post in place like the Same Faith Debate or in the DIR. I've seen it where they post in the Religious Debates or even the General Religious Debates and complain when non-Theist or people of another religion post in it.http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/general-religious-debates/

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Yeah, but roli is LSD. so i don't cosider that christianity. i consider it mormonism. just like i don't consider Islam christianity or Satanism christianity or atheism christianity. to me christianity is "jesus of Nazareth is the only real son of god and is one with god"
[edit-My mistake, i have no idea whether roli is LSD.]

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
currently... many threads have been poping up asking why nontheists come to religious forums; no, more like urging nontheists to leave. So i ask: why don't theists just remove themselves to an ivory tower where logic and reason and DEBATE can't reach them, if it hurts so much to have others question you? now, i understand that not all theists are feeling this way and that this opinion of mine is biased becuase of my believe (non-theism). but i urge all theists not to be threatened by the firmness with which non-theists and agnostics hold their believes. after all, they are just that, "believes"; and the fitness of evidence depends mostly upon the eye of the beholder, as everything does. So, religious forums are not just for the religulous and the linient/learning/curious non-theists; RF is for all who wish to participate in a religious forum, be that to support religion or show its falseness. So, stop trying to shoo us away please... its getting quite iritating. Any thoughts?:shrug:
My thoughts are that atheists are welcome here, but that if any of them think they can use "logic and reason" to disprove their beliefs, they're not all that bright. I actually find that quite iritating. The reason I steer clear of debates on the existance of God is that it is absolutely impossible for either side to prove anything to the other, and it's a waste of time to try. It's definitely NOT that I'm scared. :rolleyes:

Luminous

non-existential luminary
My thoughts are that atheists are welcome here, but that if any of them think they can use "logic and reason" to disprove their beliefs, they're not all that bright. I actually find that quite iritating. The reason I steer clear of debates on the existance of God is that it is absolutely impossible for either side to prove anything to the other, and it's a waste of time to try. It's definitely NOT that I'm scared. :rolleyes:
I guess that's true... it mostly is a waste of time. :( but sometimes arguments have changed my perspectives. but only when i let them. ;)

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

Why are you so threatened by these posts asking nontheists about their presence here as to post this? :shrug:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
i figured 'general religious debates' was a good place. and i did mention that they have ivory towers were they can retreat if tired of argument. we all do.

I have click in on some same faith debates and occassionally see a non-believer respond.

I indeed accidently responded to one myself. I think they are being irritated by that. They are not perfect Ivory towers. For the most part when I have responded to one in the general debate area that this was an open debate he left. Also I know I can't I do not know if there is a way to block post you don't want to see. I am open to everything but alot of them aren't so it probably bothers them.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Yeah. I'm good with most of the Atheists around here. It's only a few people on the Theist side who seem to be offended by the presence of the nonbelievers.

I agree the do seem and the has all was been Theist like that here(even before my time here ^_^). Even has a Theist I have no problems with Atheist and Non-Theist here, because most seem to want to get a understanding about religious beliefs, but just like those Offended Theist, you also get those Atheist that show why some Theist maybe like that.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
I have click in on some same faith debates and occassionally see a non-believer respond.

I indeed accidently responded to one myself. I think they are being irritated by that. They are not perfect Ivory towers. For the most part when I have responded to one in the general debate area that this was an open debate he left. Also I know I can't I do not know if there is a way to block post you don't want to see. I am open to everything but alot of them aren't so it probably bothers them.
Hey i talked to TashaN once about making the ivory towers more secure. idk is he told the other mods of my idea.