• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the Dead....DEAD?

Are the Dead....DEAD?

• Total voters

cataway

You hand out judgment and arrogance, that’s what you’re likely to receive. Don’t like it? Neither do I. If your posts are respectful, mine will be as well.
You really have no idea regarding my concepts of the afterlife. Until you do, you have absolutely no room for your own arrogance regarding my posts.
ya said " you may be stuck sitting next to me for eternity at the heavenly banquet.''
that does offer the concept that is held by many both in pagan religious beliefs and so called Christion beliefs .
the idea of going to heaven at ones death is something that is picked up from whats been said by some one that is going to heaven to some other person that is also going . then that information gets read by others and they ''assume'' that it applies to them as well.
the apostles could only wright what they knew . they did not know, because it had not yet been reveled to them . they did not know many would be going to heaven. its even possible that even Jesus did not know untill after he ascended back to heaven.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
ya said " you may be stuck sitting next to me for eternity at the heavenly banquet.''
that does offer the concept that is held by many both in pagan religious beliefs and so called Christion beliefs .
the idea of going to heaven at ones death is something that is picked up from whats been said by some one that is going to heaven to some other person that is also going . then that information gets read by others and they ''assume'' that it applies to them as well.
the apostles could only wright what they knew . they did not know, because it had not yet been reveled to them . they did not know many would be going to heaven. its even possible that even Jesus did not know untill after he ascended back to heaven.
That's not what I believe. But please, keep guessing and sticking your foot in your mouth. It's mildly entertaining. Or, you can drop this whole dreadful line of "debate." Your choice.

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
... Your "no" is unwarranted ...
No, my "no", is entirely substantiated and documented with evidence: Are the Dead....DEAD?

What you have said is (highlighted with colour and underlined by myself, just in case anyone missed it):

I'm not standing on evidence. ...
Hmmm.

[1] standing on Evidence, as I (coconut theology) am.

[2] not standing on Evidence, as you (sojourner) are.​

I will continue standing on the substantial - the Rock.

You have claimed that you do what Jesus did (Link), but you do nothing like what Jesus did, as evidenced, and merely asserted your apriori in the place of documented or substantiated evidence. In other words, all you did was 'claim'.

Jesus had command over the forces of Nature, because, along with His Father and the Holy Ghost/Spirit, He is one of the Authors of Nature, God (person/being of the Son) manifest (revealed) in the flesh of mankind (1 Timothy 3:16 KJB). You, unlike, Jesus, are not Deity (in any way, shape, form, etc). Being 'touchy feely' (all emotional based) with 'nature' (like pantheism, or panentheism - both false theologies, as God is not "in" the rock, tree, etc, for God is actually "in" Heaven; Luke 11:2, etc) does not in any way equate to being in "command" "over the forces of nature". You cannot actually calm an natural storm (as Jesus did, Mark 4:39). You never have, and you never will.

Jesus healed in two ways, [1] through the word of God and [2] through natural means mixed with faith in the Creator of those things. Jesus actually raised people from the dead (John 11:43), as did Peter and Paul through the word, by faith. Merely utilizing the natural remedies in the earth, already provided by God, does not make one a follower of God, for even the devil knows how to inflict disease, and to remove the disease he inflicted. It is why "shamans" pretend to be healers by drinking snake venom, and then drinking activated charcoal, before or after, to show themselves 'powerful' before their duped audience, claiming it is the "great power of God", as Simon the charlatan did - Acts 8:10. Activated charcoal is a known remedy, and instead of teaching the people its uses, they treat it as a secret (occult) knowledge and hoard it, so that they lift themselves up and separate from the people. This knowledge is freely given by God to all - Healing, Health, Diet & More - SDA Maranatha Multicultural Church in American Samoa And since you do not understand the state of the dead, and refuse what the word of God says (linked above), are deceived by the spiritism of satan, who masquerades as the deceased, called 'familiar spirits', and so you could no more "raise the dead" physically or spiritually, having no knowledge of their true condition. Even your 'preaching' cannot raise the spiritually dead, as you have no understanding of their state either, having refused what God said on the matter, to suit your own "O" (opinion), as you have said (Link).

Jesus knew about the woman at the well, because He had the Holy Ghost/Spirit (Luke 4), who (being a Person Himself, Deity), shared the omniscience (all knowing) with Jesus. Shamans have no such thing. They have "another spirit", making guesses, and err. Jesus never erred. Jesus healings also went beyond the physical malady, to the real hurt, the heart broken with sin, which Shamanism knows nothing of, for itself being sinful (1 Samuel 15:23; Deuteronomy 18:9-14), and an "abomination" (especially when attempting contact with the 'dead' and so-called 'spirits' (just evil angels playing their games)).

Biblical "meditation" is nothing like the mindlessness, centering, etc of the Shamans. Learn the difference between Biblical "meditation" (which is filling the mind with the word of God and acting upon it) and the occult, and real prayer is not centered in self, but in speaking to God, a real being in a real place above:

Biblical meditation as opposed to the occult:

Real prayer:

Jesus could forgive sins, because He is God (citation already given; see also Luke 5:21). Shamans cannot forgive a single sin, for they themselves as Biblically identified as sinners.

As for a 'spiritual path', there are only two. The "broad" way and the "narrow" way (Christ Jesus; John 14:6). Walk in any way which is not the way, Christ Jesus (who is truth itself), and it is false. Jesus showed you the way (John 14), and if you cling to Shamanism, you cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. In fact, you need to read John 3. You need to read Acts 19:19. You need to read Philippians 3:8.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and for those who have hair on their heads...…..it's dead
your hair that is
well.....at least your hair is
some here seem to be brain dead

and your nails are dead

you have dead blood cells floating in your plasma

the dust on your ceiling fan....is you
as dead skin cells

as dust

and water is not alive.....
it's just passing through

cataway

ECCLESIASTES 3:

18 I also said in my heart about the sons of men that the true God will test them and show them that they are like animals, 19 for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust.

sojourner

of course not …...would not be much of a debate if you believe and understand the bible as I do. yet I can still try to save you.
AAAAA--HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh... I... I...can't breathe!!!!!!!!

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O. M. G!!! I... Just... STAAAAHP!!!!!

I'm weeping!! Oh! [giggle -- snort] <wipes eyes, catches breath> Oh! Whoo! <pants, sighs>

<chuckles smasmodically>

AHAAHH... <stops to take breath again>

OMG, that was hilarrrriiiioooous!!

You can "try to save me." <stops short, catches breath so as not to begin laughing uncontrollably again>

Oh, that's rich! Please do both of us a big favor and go back and reread Matthew 7:3. Please, I beg you! Do it right now!

I don't believe (based on what I've read here) that you really do "understand the bible." And you certainly aren't in the least aware of my spiritual disposition to know whether or not I Need Saving -- nor are you qualified to "save me" (that's God's job, not yours). And I don't recall your having been asked to do so. What deliciously tragic Christian hubris on the part of your post! Trust me: God & I are juuuust fine. I'm not in need of your internet guidance in order to experience solid spiritual footing.

You should understand this little morsel of truth: I don't have to believe as you do in order to "be right with God."

But it was a heckuva sidesplitting, kneeslapping, gutbusting, ribtickling, laugh-I-thought-I'd-die kinda sentiment you had there. Now get on outta here -- you're killin' me!

sojourner

No, my "no", is entirely substantiated and documented with evidence
Nope. No evidence. Just opinion.

What you have said is (highlighted with colour and underlined by myself, just in case anyone missed it):

Hmmm.

[1] standing on Evidence, as I (coconut theology) am.

[2] not standing on Evidence, as you (sojourner) are.
I will continue standing on the substantial - the Rock.
My statement about standing on principle rather than evidence was in response to you trying to bait me, and I said that I stood on principle of not playing that game with you. So, open wide, Ace, here comes the shoe store...

You have claimed that you do what Jesus did
No. I didn't. Go back and reread the post.

In other words, all you did was 'claim'.
That's all anyone does with regard to religious or spiritual assertions.

cataway

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm weeping!! Oh! [giggle -- snort] <wipes eyes, catches breath> Oh! Whoo! <pants, sighs>

<chuckles smasmodically>

You can "try to save me." <stops short, catches breath so as not to begin laughing uncontrollably again>

Oh, that's rich! Please do both of us a big favor and go back and reread Matthew 7:3. Please, I beg you! Do it right now!

I don't believe (based on what I've read here) that you really do "understand the bible." And you certainly aren't in the least aware of my spiritual disposition to know whether or not I Need Saving -- nor are you qualified to "save me" (that's God's job, not yours). And I don't recall your having been asked to do so. What deliciously tragic Christian hubris on the part of your post! Trust me: God & I are juuuust fine. I'm not in need of your internet guidance in order to experience solid spiritual footing.

You should understand this little morsel of truth: I don't have to believe as you do in order to "be right with God."

But it was a heckuva sidesplitting, kneeslapping, gutbusting, ribtickling, laugh-I-thought-I'd-die kinda sentiment you had there. Now get on outta here -- you're killin' me!
oh good ...it worked . I was tiring to lighten the moment . you were getting tense.

sojourner

Jesus had command over the forces of Nature, because, along with His Father and the Holy Ghost/Spirit, He is one of the Authors of Nature, God (person/being of the Son) manifest (revealed) in the flesh of mankind
And yet, Jesus was fully human...

You, unlike, Jesus, are not Deity (in any way, shape, form, etc).
I never claimed to be. but I do claim to be filled with the HS. That is some way, shape, form, yes?

(like pantheism, or panentheism - both false theologies, as God is not "in" the rock, tree, etc, for God is actually "in" Heaven
I disagree. In fact, there is a solidly Christian theological concept called "the sacramental universe." You should read noted theologians John Macquarrie and Sallie McFague. You would embrace a God fully transcendent. We embrace a God who is also fully imminent.

You cannot actually calm an natural storm (as Jesus did, Mark 4:39). You never have, and you never will.
I never made that claim.

Jesus healed in two ways, [1] through the word of God and [2] through natural means mixed with faith in the Creator of those things.
Ok. That's how shamans heal, too.

Jesus actually raised people from the dead (John 11:43), as did Peter and Paul through the word, by faith.
Did they? could you provide actual proof? I invoke habeas corpus. Trot out these "actually raised people." Otherwise, these are mythic stories, not historic accounts.

Merely utilizing the natural remedies in the earth, already provided by God, does not make one a follower of God,
I never claimed that it did. Where are you getting this?? I've never made any of these claims.

It is why "shamans" pretend to be healers by drinking snake venom, and then drinking activated charcoal, before or after, to show themselves 'powerful' before their duped audience, claiming it is the "great power of God", as Simon the charlatan did - Acts 8:10. Activated charcoal is a known remedy, and instead of teaching the people its uses, they treat it as a secret (occult) knowledge and hoard it, so that they lift themselves up and separate from the people. This knowledge is freely given by God to all
I don't know what kind of plastic shamans you've been associating with, but that's the furthest thing from my experience and practice. There's no "show," there's no "magic," there's no "duping." You've created a cartoon straw man here. Snake venom? Srrsly? That's like me claiming that all y'all handle rattlesnakes in church. Just because some disturbed individuals do that has no bearing on legitimate religion.

And since you do not understand the state of the dead, and refuse what the word of God says (linked above), are deceived by the spiritism of satan, who masquerades as the deceased, called 'familiar spirits', and so you could no more "raise the dead" physically or spiritually, having no knowledge of their true condition.
1) You don't know what I do or do not understand. 2) I don't refuse what God says; I merely disagree with your take on what the texts say. But that's a far cry from "the word of God," Skeezix.

Jesus knew about the woman at the well, because He had the Holy Ghost/Spirit (Luke 4), who (being a Person Himself, Deity), shared the omniscience (all knowing) with Jesus.
I have the Holy Spirit. I would hope that you do, too... do you not have activated within you the spirit of truth??

They have "another spirit", making guesses, and err.
I've never known any real shaman to have anything but holy spirit -- just like everyone else. This is an accusation that you just can't back up with evidence.

Jesus healings also went beyond the physical malady, to the real hurt, the heart broken with sin, which Shamanism knows nothing of, for itself being sinful
So does any spiritual healing. I've experienced such spiritual healing. From shamans, from Christians, and even from those who espouse no particular religion. All sin is heartbreaking. All people know sin.

Biblical "meditation" is nothing like the mindlessness, centering, etc of the Shamans.
How do you know? or is this just a self-righteous guess? Do you know that Julian of Norwich (a Christian mystic) spoke of emptying the self? What do you think Jesus meant by "the last shall be first?"
and real prayer is not centered in self, but in speaking to God, a real being in a real place above
no spiritual meditation centers on the self. Rather, it seeks to empty the self so that the Divine may be apprehended more clearly.

Shamans cannot forgive a single sin, for they themselves as Biblically identified as sinners.
I never claimed that they did. This is just more of your baseless accusation.

As for a 'spiritual path', there are only two. The "broad" way and the "narrow" way
God is known by a thousand names, and yet is the Unnameable One.

Walk in any way which is not the way, Christ Jesus (who is truth itself), and it is false.
We all should walk in our truth, yes?

if you cling to Shamanism, you cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. In fact, you need to read John 3. You need to read Acts 19:19. You need to read Philippians 3:8.
I disagree. You know, not everyone can (or should) walk that path. But some are called to it; it's their truth, and they walk it. Like Jesus.

[edit]
You know, you really have no business spouting venom at what you clearly don't understand, and at what you clearly have confused with something else entirely. I find the thoughts you've shared here too narrow, your theological stances too baseless, and your self-righteousness nauseating. This right here is a real good example of why more and more people refuse to have anything to do with Christianity. Posts like yours -- speech like yours -- attitudes such as are displayed in your posts -- are driving people away from Jesus, because they, frankly, aren't very Jesusesque. You're apparently trumpeting evangelism and salvation, but what's coming across is just nastiness.

Last edited:

cataway

<chuckles smasmodically>

is my response .sooooo .you are saved ?

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
...We all should walk in our truth, yes? ...
Nope. That's the false theology of 'relativism'.

Truth is specific, and is defined by scripture.

Psa 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Psa 119:151 Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.

Deu_32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1Jn_5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Psa_25:10 All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
It's simple:

1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Commandments:

Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,
Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Exo 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Exo 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Exo 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
Exo 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Exo 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.
Exo 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his a.ss, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.​

cataway

Psa 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Deu_32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1Jn_5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Psa_25:10 All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
It's simple:

1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Commandments:

Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Exo 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Exo 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his a.ss, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.​
Exo 20:13 should really read "Thou shalt not murder." as there where allowances in the law to kill

sojourner

It's simple:

Commandments:

Sorry truth is relative. Remember: the Bible only speaks from two truth perspectives: that of Judaism and that of Xy. The Jews do not accept the truth of Xy and Xtians do not accept the truth of Judaism. This is what I believe. It is not what you believe. You have your truth; I have mine.

theQuestion

Hey churchoids!
If we all are 'Immortal souls' placed in they bodies- how does that fit with the prophets (including Christ) and the apostles teaching a FUTURE Day of Resurrection & Judgment?