• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the Dead....DEAD?

Are the Dead....DEAD?

• Total voters

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Too bad. It's HONEST!
No, it isn't. It's highly dishonest, inflammatory, intentionally provocative, and disrespectful. Did Jesus teach those tactics? I was under the impression that Jesus taught to love our enemies and to pray for them -- not to needlessly attack those who believe differently. I was under the impression that Jesus said, "Those who are not against us are for us." I guess I was mistaken.

If a church rejects what Jesus taught- just HOW do you FOOL yourself into believing it's "Christianity"?
My church doesn't reject what Jesus taught. Never has. You don't know what my church is, so I don't see how you can make that claim.

theQuestion

No, it isn't. It's highly dishonest, inflammatory, intentionally provocative, and disrespectful. Did Jesus teach those tactics? I was under the impression that Jesus taught to love our enemies and to pray for them -- not to needlessly attack those who believe differently. I was under the impression that Jesus said, "Those who are not against us are for us." I guess I was mistaken.

My church doesn't reject what Jesus taught. Never has. You don't know what my church is, so I don't see how you can make that claim.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt 23:33- Serpents! Offspring of vipers! How shall you escape from the sentence of Gehenna?

sojourner

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt 23:33- Serpents! Offspring of vipers! How shall you escape from the sentence of Gehenna?
What an unnecessary, unhelpful, and immature non sequitur.

sojourner

Anyone that says Jesus never 'insulted' deceivers has never read the NT thru.
1) I’m not a “deceiver.”
1a) If you think I am, you’re mistaken.
2) You’re neither qualified nor authorized to make the determination.
3) Insults are infantile and obstructive to debate and discussion.
4) Ad hominem attacks are against forum rules.
5) I’m confident of two things:
A) I’ll never see an apology, and
B) The insults will continue
6) The arguments presented and the cheap shots slung by the “7th Day Gang” are childish and pedestrian.

cataway

that's rather arrogant
You haven’t actually read the Bible, I see. Careful... you may be stuck sitting next to me for eternity at the heavenly banquet. And I’ll just smile and keep passing the relish tray.

wow , that's rather arrogant . facts are man was made FOR the earth not heaven. IF you have studied/read as much as you should have you would know that going to heaven was not even hinted at ,until Jesus revealed it to his apostles .

sojourner

that's rather arrogant

wow , that's rather arrogant . facts are man was made FOR the earth not heaven. IF you have studied/read as much as you should have you would know that going to heaven was not even hinted at ,until Jesus revealed it to his apostles .
You hand out judgment and arrogance, that’s what you’re likely to receive. Don’t like it? Neither do I. If your posts are respectful, mine will be as well.
You really have no idea regarding my concepts of the afterlife. Until you do, you have absolutely no room for your own arrogance regarding my posts.