• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the Dead....DEAD?

Are the Dead....DEAD?

• Total voters

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Hey churchoids!
If we all are 'Immortal souls' placed in they bodies- how does that fit with the prophets (including Christ) and the apostles teaching a FUTURE Day of Resurrection & Judgment?
Hey, cultoids!
It doubtless has not occurred to you that the opinions of the various biblical writers do not constitute a single, factual cosmology. How does resurrection of ANY kind fit with the notion of most of the Hebrew texts where an afterlife of any kind simply isn’t a “thing?” (And you also most likely fail to realize that “what Jesus said” isn’t necessarily what Jesus said; it’s most likely “what the Gospel writer had Jesus say.”

theQuestion

Hey, cultoids!
It doubtless has not occurred to you that the opinions of the various biblical writers do not constitute a single, factual cosmology. How does resurrection of ANY kind fit with the notion of most of the Hebrew texts where an afterlife of any kind simply isn’t a “thing?” (And you also most likely fail to realize that “what Jesus said” isn’t necessarily what Jesus said; it’s most likely “what the Gospel writer had Jesus say.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, Fantasy Lovers- believe anything you WANT, regardless of facts!
I'm sure it's FUN!

theQuestion

Have you REALIZED the church con yet?
They teach "Jesus DIED for you!" Then promptly teach he REMAINED ALIVE those 3 days!!!!

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Have you REALIZED the church con yet?
They teach "Jesus DIED for you!" Then promptly teach he REMAINED ALIVE those 3 days!!!!
Jesus was dead and in the grave, as scripture says:

Mat_28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Rev_1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.​

If we could have a real serious discussion "the Question", I would appreciate it.

Most teach the lie of the serpent of immortal soul/spirit theology. Yet, as Seventh-day Adventist, you know we do not teach that, for even the "bible students" derived their studies from the early adventists. If we could study these things, it would be great.

theQuestion

Jesus was dead and in the grave, as scripture says:

Mat_28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Rev_1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.​

If we could have a real serious discussion "the Question", I would appreciate it.

Most teach the lie of the serpent of immortal soul/spirit theology. Yet, as Seventh-day Adventist, you know we do not teach that, for even the "bible students" derived their studies from the early adventists. If we could study these things, it would be great.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CT- the ONLY truth your church knows is the the dead are really dead- until the Day of Resurrection.
But since your church clings to the Catholic-Fabricated 'Trinity', it defecates all OVER itself- for they have to believe Jesus NEVER died, just as the rest of Churchianity....
It doesn't matter where the "Bible Students" got their dogma- UNLESS it wasn't from God's Word....

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CT- the ONLY truth your church knows is the the dead are really dead- until the Day of Resurrection.
But since your church clings to the Catholic-Fabricated 'Trinity', it defecates all OVER itself- for they have to believe Jesus NEVER died, just as the rest of Churchianity....
It doesn't matter where the "Bible Students" got their dogma- UNLESS it wasn't from God's Word....
I will leave you to yourself then. I will not further respond in this thread. You have a great mistaken notion about me, and about what Seventh-day Adventism teaches, but since you assumed and did not ask, I will simply go from you now, sad, dejected, tired really.

"God" lied.....and the "snake" told the TRUTH...….." See the man has become as one of us (did'nt die) to know good and evil " (Gen 3:22)

If we are accurate, it is said “dying thou dost die”. So, by death they shall die. This “life” is the first death and by this we will die. death is a slow process. And when they ate the fruit, that process begun. God didn’t lie. Satan lied, unless maybe if you think people don’t die and Adam and Eve still lives. Do you believe Adam and Eve still lives?

WhyIsThatSo

If we are accurate, it is said “dying thou dost die”. So, by death they shall die. This “life” is the first death and by this we will die. death is a slow process. And when they ate the fruit, that process begun. God didn’t lie. Satan lied, unless maybe if you think people don’t die and Adam and Eve still lives. Do you believe Adam and Eve still lives?

psssst, (a little secret)….NO human being has ever died, but human BODIES die all the time.
Unless maybe you think that "you" are your body. Do you believe that you are your body ?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I find your term "churchianity" offensive, objectionable, and disrespectful. The proper term is "Christianity." Or are you reserving that only for people who believe just like you? In any case, I find its use very small.

I believe there is churchianity. That is how I perceive Roman Catholics and Jehovah's Witnesses.