• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are scientists really smart? New LHC.

questfortruth

1. Due to methodological naturalism there is no God in science.
2. God is Love and Wisdom, and the Spirit of Love and Wisdom is God.

My comment to the author of the video:

Jesus Christ was speaking Absolute Truth. He was murdered by His own society. You are speaking Truth. Can you do anything besides Science?

Doesn’t really do anything to solve hunger and poverty in the real world. Are you out there housing the homeless, feeding the hungry as Jesus did? I mean it’s nice and all to quite scripture and pontificate on the philosophical implications of our mortal existence. But you might as well be doing so in an ivory tower, sipping champagne for all the good it does for people dying right now

Will the plan to build the next SUPER LHC collider cost no penny to the poor people? No. It is the money, which "should be" taken from the poor. The mystery of Dark Matter does not need XXL LHC to begin with, because I have solved the mystery in my paper using the already present experimental/observational evidence.

You have set this up in the form of a syllogism

Do not use strange words, explain it to me in simple words. I do not need a definition of syllogism, I need to see problems in my text. Otherwise, it is trolling, and not a problem.

I don't believe I can lump all scientists within a category of "Godless" people.

They are not godless when they are in Church or in their home. But they are godless in the sense, that science is godless. In other words, Dr. Bob, seeing as a scientist is like an atheist, but the same Bob, seeing as the helper of the poor elderly people, is Christian. This is like bi-polarity disorder.

Scientists are just as loving as other people and are smart.

The scientists, who have Christianity as the most important hobby, are "loving and smart" not as scientists, but as Christians. As scientists, they follow the professional rules of research conduction.

Be so kind as to set out the words you're referring to attributed to Jesus which in your view are Absolute Truth. I've never seen a statement that's absolutely true.
No, you completely misunderstand.

The stories agree that Jesus was charged and put on trial and when it was his turn to speak, offered no defense. That's not murder, it's due process of its kind.

The NT accounts make it plain that from the start the whole point of his mission was his dying, so the whole thing played out in accordance with his wishes.

You'll recall in that in Jesus Christ, Superstar, Judas complains bitterly that Jesus has used him, set him up. That's what the gospels say too.
1. God is holy by the definition of holiness.
2. Jesus Christ is God.
Thus, it was a terrible crime to murder Him.

Last edited:

Eyes to See

Divine wisdom is in quite contrast to worldly wisdom. Worldly wisdom teaches you to disdain those who have less study, to look up to arrogant and proud people. That humility and meekness is a weakness. Although being humble and meek takes great fortitude and character.

I always enjoyed this scripture explaining divine wisdom and how different it contrasts to worldly wisdom, and then understand why man can go to the moon, but can't fix the problems of racial division, warfare, and poverty:

(James 3:17, 18) . . .But the wisdom from above is first of all chaste, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, not making partial distinctions, not hypocritical. Moreover, the fruit of righteousness has its seed sown under peaceful conditions for those who are making peace.

God created all things so it isn't as if mankind can impress him with their technological advancements. And just because a human is smart in mathematics or at quoting figures, that doesn't mean he really has the wisdom to fix mankind's problems.

Far from the world's idea that pride and arrogance are strengths, these are core defects, and are easy to display because they are natural inclinations of sinful man. The path to life is hard and difficult to follow. Cultivating humility and love and faith and meekness, these are strengths that are not so easy to come by but are worth more than anything the world in its wisdom has to offer.

And finally, the knowledge of Jesus Christ makes all of the world wisdom a lot of trash in comparison. Everyone in the world is going to go the way of the world:

"The world is passing away and so is its desire, but the one who does the will of God remains forever."-James 2:17.

The world teaches you to trust your own heart, God's wisdom is that the heart is treacherous and not to be trusted:

"Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, And do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, And he will make your paths straight."-Proverbs 3:5, 6.
"Let no one deceive himself: If anyone among you thinks he is wise in this system of things, let him become a fool, so that he may become wise."-1 Corinthians 3:18

"I do indeed also consider all things to be loss on account of the excelling value of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have taken the loss of all things and I consider them as a lot of refuse, that I may gain Christ."-Philippians 3:8.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Divine wisdom is in quite contrast to worldly wisdom. Worldly wisdom teaches you to disdain those who have less study, to look up to arrogant and proud people. That humility and meekness is a weakness. Although being humble and meek takes great fortitude and character.

Sounds like you need to listen to better experts if the ones you've been listening to teach that.

Last edited:

Eyes to See

Sounds like you need to listen to better experts if the ones you've been listening to teach that.

Provide evidence of the stars that you look up to that have solved the world's pressing problems. Show us where poverty, homelessness, warfare, crime, violence, old age, sickness and death have been cured by the wisdom of the intellectuals of this system of things.

questfortruth

The world teaches you to trust your own heart, God's wisdom is that the heart is treacherous and not to be trusted
Worldly wise men: "hear the voice from deep inside. It's the call of your heart... Close your eyes and you will find the passage out from a dark."

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Provide evidence of the stars that you look up to that have solved the world's pressing problems. Show us where poverty, homelessness, warfare, crime, violence, old age, sickness and death have been cured by the wisdom of the intellectuals of this system of things.
That’s not the job of intellectuals though???
Maybe in the social sciences where they can try to reduce such suffering through studies and implementations of potential solutions.
Although Dr Fred Hollows did often perform sight saving/restoring eye surgery on the poor. Even started a charity for just that purpose. So there are intellectuals trying to do something, at least.
Fred Hollows - Wikipedia

Eyes to See

That’s not the job of intellectuals though???

For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.” Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish?  For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing.

1 Corinthians 1:18-21.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.” Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish?  For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing.

1 Corinthians 1:18-21.
That’s nice. What does that have to do with real world applications of reducing suffering? Does this magically solve poverty?

Eyes to See

That’s nice. What does that have to do with real world applications of reducing suffering? Does this magically solve poverty?

The foolishness to the world is the Christ preached. He is the solution to mankind's problems. The Bible says that his kingdom government in heaven will soon come. Many people pray for it but do not even know what they are asking for when they say: "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

Jesus will bring about sweeping changes. It is his rule that will solve all of mankind's problems. He will get rid of war, death, famine, poverty, homelessness, sickness, and will even raise the dead back to life. He will rule with justice and humility.

This is "foolishness" to the world. But it is the real solution to mankind's problems. God's kingdom government is coming. And the world's rulers and its luminaries, it's intellectuals ignore the kingdom rule of Jesus Christ. When he arrives in kingdom glory they will all simply fade into darkness, and all of their promises and intelligent ideas will simply disappear into nothingness.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

You're moving the goalposts, since your initial objection was about "arrogant and proud people." Expecting scientists to perform such feats and have perfect solutions for all of the world's problems is simply unrealistic and unreasonable. Science is our best tool for advancing human well-being, but it isn't perfect and doesn't claim to be.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
The foolishness to the world is the Christ preached. He is the solution to mankind's problems. The Bible says that his kingdom government in heaven will soon come. Many people pray for it but do not even know what they are asking for when they say: "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

Jesus will bring about sweeping changes. It is his rule that will solve all of mankind's problems. He will get rid of war, death, famine, poverty, homelessness, sickness, and will even raise the dead back to life. He will rule with justice and humility.

This is "foolishness" to the world. But it is the real solution to mankind's problems. God's kingdom government is coming. And the world's rulers and its luminaries, it's intellectuals ignore the kingdom rule of Jesus Christ. When he arrives in kingdom glory they will all simply fade into darkness, and all of their promises and intelligent ideas will simply disappear into nothingness.
Doesn’t really do anything to solve hunger and poverty in the real world. Are you out there housing the homeless, feeding the hungry as Jesus did? I mean it’s nice and all to quite scripture and pontificate on the philosophical implications of our mortal existence. But you might as well be doing so in an ivory tower, sipping champagne for all the good it does for people dying right now

Eyes to See

You're moving the goalposts, since your initial objection was about "arrogant and proud people." Expecting scientists to perform such feats and have perfect solutions for all of the world's problems is simply unrealistic and unreasonable. Science is our best tool for advancing human well-being, but it isn't perfect and doesn't claim to be.

A reasonable statement. Much more sound than the last one.

Jesus' kingdom government is the solution. Think about it. When he was on earth he performed many miracles. He healed the sick, opened the eyes of the blind, the ears of the deaf, made the lame ones walk, and raised the dead back to life. There are 3 main reasons he did this.

1. He wanted to. He loves humanity.
2. It was a proof of his approval by God. That he was really God's son.
3. It was a foregleam of what is to come for all humankind when he rules the earth.

Jesus is a righteous, good, just, impartial, loving ruler. He wants to fix humanities problems, he has the means to, and the authority and power. And he promises to do so. This is the foolishness preached. It is only foolish though, to those whose eyes have not been opened to the truth.

QuestioningMind

Conclusion: scientists are not loving and not truly smart.

Evidence:

Jesus Christ was speaking Absolute Truth. He was murdered by His own society. You are speaking Truth. What will the ape-people do to you? Can you do anything besides Science?

1. A true statement.
2. Nothing but a claim for which you've provided zero verifiable evidence. First you must established that a god being exists and then you'd need to demonstrate that this god being is indeed the spirit of love and wisdom.
Conclusion: You haven't the slightest clue how to formulate a logical argument.

Bear Wild

Evidence:

Jesus Christ was speaking Absolute Truth. He was murdered by His own society. You are speaking Truth. What will the ape-people do to you? Can you do anything besides Science?

The goddess Hertha says the you are misguided. Scientists are just as loving as other people and are smart. The goddess says that those how deny her teaching which scientists are discovering are without wisdom or intelligence.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You have set this up in the form of a syllogism, but it is nothing at all like a syllogism. Therefore, since it is logically invalid, I choose to ignore the argument altogether.

By the way, if all you really want to do is offer your opinion, why not do that, rather than trying to pretend you are doing "reason?" None of your arguments that I have read so far have had anything at all to do with reason.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Show us where poverty, homelessness, warfare, crime, violence, old age, sickness and death have been cured by the wisdom of the intellectuals of this system of things.
Show us where those things have been cured by Jehovah's Witnesses and you might have a point, until then all you have is empty promises

questfortruth

A reasonable statement. Much more sound than the last one.

Jesus' kingdom government is the solution. Think about it. When he was on earth he performed many miracles. He healed the sick, opened the eyes of the blind, the ears of the deaf, made the lame ones walk, and raised the dead back to life. There are 3 main reasons he did this.

1. He wanted to. He loves humanity.
2. It was a proof of his approval by God. That he was really God's son.
3. It was a foregleam of what is to come for all humankind when he rules the earth.

Jesus is a righteous, good, just, impartial, loving ruler. He wants to fix humanities problems, he has the means to, and the authority and power. And he promises to do so. This is the foolishness preached. It is only foolish though, to those whose eyes have not been opened to the truth.

Come, Lord, come!

Will the plan to build the next SUPER LHC collider cost no penny to the poor people? No. It is the money, which is taken from the poor. The mystery of Dark Matter does not need XXL LHC to begin with, because I have solved the mystery in my paper using the already present experimental/observational evidence.

questfortruth

You have set this up in the form of a syllogism

Do not use strange words, explain it to me in simple words. I do not need a definition of syllogism, I need to see problems in my text. Otherwise, it is trolling, and not a problem.

I don't believe I can lump all scientists within a category of "Godless" people.

They are not godless when they are in Church or in their home. But they are godless in the sense, that science is godless. In other words, Dr. Bob, seeing as a scientist is an atheist, but the same Bob, seeing as the helper of the poor elderly people, is Christian. This is like bi-polarity disorder.

Scientists are just as loving as other people and are smart.

The scientists, who have Christianity as the most important hobby, are "loving and smart" not as scientists, but as Christians. As scientists, they follow the professional rules of research conduction.