• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are men and women equally intelligent?

Shuddhasattva

I don't know. Ideally, equal. Has evolution been kind enough to bestow equal intelligence? That I'm not sure of. I'd like to believe it, but I think believing it without allowing doubt, or better - further inquiry, would be a useless dogma. Nor am I sure which is the more intelligent gender, and of course, intelligence itself is a many splendored thing. Which intelligence?

I think though, that as we progress technologically, having gained self-awareness of our evolutionary process enough to gain a measure of control of it, intelligence will be both increased, and equalized across genders (if it's not already equal.)

I have read that women are more statistically grouped around average intelligence, with men comprising both more idiots and more geniuses. I don't like that idea, but it does make a kind of evolutionary sense. Reproductively, sexual-selection wise, nature might be able to better afford tinkering with males so to speak.

And they say economics is the dismal science...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
- I can write my name in the snow with my finger. But if you were meaning urinating your name in the snow, I can do that too, but I have to run really fast.
- I can replace a light bulb in a ceiling fixture without a ladder. I use a chair.
- Belching is not my strong point, but it is for my daughter. She wins blech contest in the house hands down when she goes up against the teen and adult males in the house.
- Vice grip, socket wrench, and those hydraulic wrenches. I only worked with variances of those types of wrenches when I helped construct theatre sets for shows.
- I did a 3 Stooges schtick in front of our Junior Ballet class that garnered a mild chuckle.
Clearly, a superior mind!

My turn for putting together an intelligence quiz:
1) Show how to gracefully walk straight, up and down stairs, with long dresses, and then RUN in high heels. Extra points if the heel is a stiletto.
2) Express your feelings succinctly and accurately.
3) Name all the characters in "Sex and the City". Extra points for naming all the characters boyfriends.
4) Demonstrate a real hug. Not the type of "hug" where you clasp one hand with your hugger, quickly wrap around the other person, and slap them on the back. REAL hugs show intelligence.
5) Cry.
Succeeding at those things seems inversely proportional to intelligence.
It also suggests estrogen poisoning.

MD

qualiaphile
Nope. I got awesome grades without even bothering to go to school over 60% the time. I often did my homework for one class while the teacher was droning on about something else, and doodled, napped or wrote notes to my friends the rest of the time. I almost never took work home and only studied for one single test, for about ten minutes, in my entire high school career. That was my final exam in grade 12 math, and I needed to study because I had skipped every single class in an entire unit. My "studying" involved reading a few paragraphs in the text book. I got 95% on that exam, and graduated with honours.

Work ethic? I don't think so. School grades were more instrumental than any other influence in my life in making me lazy.

Although your anecdote is interesting, it is not statistically significant. On average, good grades are a better indicator of work ethic than intelligence.

Wirey

Fartist
Although your anecdote is interesting, it is not statistically significant. On average, good grades are a better indicator of work ethic than intelligence.

Agreed. My wife pulled a 90 average but can't point out Belgium on a map.

otokage007

I agree with this, very often people will achieve better results through hard work than through intelligence alone. Or so I think.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
1) Show how to gracefully walk straight, up and down stairs, with long dresses, and then RUN in high heels. Extra points if the heel is a stiletto.
2) Express your feelings succinctly and accurately.
3) Name all the characters in "Sex and the City". Extra points for naming all the characters boyfriends.
4) Demonstrate a real hug. Not the type of "hug" where you clasp one hand with your hugger, quickly wrap around the other person, and slap them on the back. REAL hugs show intelligence.
5) Cry.
You got me on the third one. I've watched the show maybe two or three times, and cannot name a single character.

We apparently can think with two heads, and two heads are better than one. We win!
I don't know about that one. It seems to have a mind of it's own, and can apparently get you into some trouble. It also sold out those homophobic guys, who are quite often super masculine macho-men.
She's just jealous. Imagine having to practice with a hula hoop just to write your name in the snow.
See, there it goes! It's not only demanding you pay constant attention to it, but also it's wanting to control your life, and have you doing things and claiming an accomplishment over something a bird's butt hole can occasionally do in braille.

Me Myself

Back to my username
We got football, beer, fart jokes, and guaranteed orgasms.

They got menstrual cramps, yakking about relationships, feminine protection decisions (feminine protection? mauve can of mace?), and worrying about ankle fat.

Gee, I wonder who was smart enough to get in the right group there. :D

Best answer yet! We totally won! :D

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If men are more intelligent than women; what would they be doing without women? Women are most beautiful and needed by men; can't do anything without them.
My religion tells:

[2:188] It is made lawful for you to go in unto your wives on the night of the fast. They are a garment for you, and you are a garment for them. Allah knows that you have been acting unjustly to yourselves, wherefore He has turned to you with mercy and afforded you relief. So you may now go in unto them and seek what Allah has ordained for you; and eat and drink until the white thread becomes distinct to you from the black thread of the dawn. Then complete the fast till nightfall and do not go in unto them while you remain in the mosques for devotion. These are the limits fixed by Allah, so approach them not. Thus does Allah make His commandments clear to men that they may become secure against evil.
The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

The couple of a man and women is intelligent and beautiful;they both do things together.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Fellas may have the "guaranteed orgasm", but the ladies have multiple orgasms that can last a loooooonnnnngggggg time.

A few seconds of pleasure compared to hours? C'mon, y'all. We women got this in the bag.

Especially if orgasms are used to measure intelligence. ;)

Wirey

Fartist
If orgasms are intelligence, I was Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, and the guy who invented beer as a teenager.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Clearly, a superior mind!

Succeeding at those things seems inversely proportional to intelligence.
It also suggests estrogen poisoning.

Ode to Revolting intelligence:

Sheathe yer mighty pitchfork
O Master of Bacon & Pork
Kings in check & rolling dice
'Cause boardgames are nice
Now become a fellow dork!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
To help the gurls a little. I have to say it's really a pain in the *** to shave yourself almost every f****** day...
I personally don't shave. But I do have a nifty device called an epilator that has several tweezers like things that pluck hairs out. Now that is something I would like to see the average joe try and sit through.

Best answer yet! We totally won! :D
But you guys have that second head that takes likes to take control of your mind, and is so successful that alot of guys can't even see two melons sitting next to each other without thinking about a pair of boobs.

If orgasms are intelligence, I was Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, and the guy who invented beer as a teenager.
If orgasms are intelligence, women have it won all around. Boys may have an advantage during the adolescent years, but like a fine wine, women too need time to mature to a much better finished product. Women have not only multiple and longer lasting orgasms, women have a sex drive that is still going very strong when the male drive is down-shifting, even after a couple of gears of down-shifting.

Last edited:

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Men and women are about equal, but women typically fall around the center while men are on both sides of the spectrum. Around 90% of people labeled genius are men, but also around 90% of people suffering from retardation. I'm referring to IQs which is a verifiable statistic. But intelligence tests are mostly bologna. In the past ten years the gender gap has flipped. It has to do with education policy and our attitudes towards women/men, not nature.

Men can have hour-long orgasms, too. In fact men can orgasm without ejaculating.

Last edited:

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Some strange talents u guys have there. I'm willing to learn.

You train the very same muscles you use while 'holding' your urine. With practice almost any man can do it. I've had two orgasms without ejaculating after a little practice, but it wasn't periodic enough to be consistent. It's about 3x as intense.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And women appear to be able to be more able to use their brains to think themselves to an orgasm.
Orgasm Just by Thinking: Is it Medically Possible? - HealthPop - CBS News
Is it possible to bring yourself to orgasm just by thinking?
Researchers at Rutgers University have been studying the mind-body-sex connection, and have found that there seems to be documented evidence of Carrellas' claims. They put her in an MRI, had her "think off" and found that the parts of her brain that should light up when she climaxes did just that. The idea of thinking yourself to orgasm is not new. In the early 1970's, the Masters and Johnson research team documented the strong connection between sexuality and thought.
The connection is particularly strong in women, says Dr. Ian Kerner, author and sex therapist. "The brain is the most powerful sex organ," he says. Men, he adds, have a much harder time making themselves climax without any touch whatsoever, but there are documented cases in women.
So again, women win in the orgasm department.