• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are love and fear both good for turning to G-d?

Thief

Rogue Theologian

People abide the Law in love of their country. Right, please?
People also abide the Law for fear of the fine and punishments prescribed in the law for the crimes. Right, please?
No harm if they do it for love and or fear. Right, please?

Regards

[19:97]اِنَّ الَّذِیۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا وَ عَمِلُوا الصّٰلِحٰتِ سَیَجۡعَلُ لَہُمُ الرَّحۡمٰنُ وُدًّا ﴿۹۷﴾
Those who believe and do good deeds — the Gracious God will create love in their hearts.

The Holy Quran - Chapter: 19: Maryam

[76:11]اِنَّا نَخَافُ مِنۡ رَّبِّنَا یَوۡمًا عَبُوۡسًا قَمۡطَرِیۡرًا ﴿۱۱﴾
‘Verily, we fear from our Lord a frowning and distressful day.’
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 76: Ad-Dahr
if you ask.....do you love God?
I am going to say ...yes

but I have yet to set aside my fear of the Almighty
I believe He is dangerous
He is a jealous God......it is written as if a quote
as if He spoke the quote directly to a scribe

and it is written that God Himself took hand in destroying the life and living
of many He considered to be wicked

I do not fear Him for these reports in scripture
even though it is written......fear not anyone who would harm your flesh
rather.....fear Him who can rend the soul

I do fear Him ….that being in His Presence would read like the book of Job

WHAT?.....are YOU doing here....!!!!

that story is yet to be written....with my name in the scheme of it

for this thread...do you love?
What you fear

Thief

Rogue Theologian
btw......this thread is actually touching on the concept of weigh scales

but the scales tip to one side or the other

you might claim to love God
but does ….HE.....believe it?

rational experiences

Veteran Member

People also abide the Law for fear of the fine and punishments prescribed in the law for the crimes. Right, please?

Regards

[19:97]اِنَّ الَّذِیۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا وَ عَمِلُوا الصّٰلِحٰتِ سَیَجۡعَلُ لَہُمُ الرَّحۡمٰنُ وُدًّا ﴿۹۷﴾
Those who believe and do good deeds — the Gracious God will create love in their hearts.

When a human talks fear, fear means what was unknown, then becomes known to cause you to fear.

So preaching fear in a community is irrelevant, for to live in constant fear consciousness will not be enabled to be calm, passive, loving, caring and mutually interactive.

Therefore as teachings of God O were actually scientific, about creation, to fear God meant, so never change its natural form....for it was scientific advice to self as an innocent consciousness.

So if you say to self....I began as a spiritual self.....I thought I would like to try to invent a machine reaction and then God attacked me. I was in acute fear.

Factual innocent conscious life realization, as its owned truth.

Love and conditions of mutual understanding in human life was always about allowing the ability for innocence to be taught, for the need of innocence to be maintained.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Having said that I would add that fear should not be blind fear, or love be blind love. There are plenty of people who have such a blind love or fear of God that they hold onto antiquated manmade laws that are harmful to humanity.
I do not call that being motivated by love. It too is being motivated by fear. Love trusts in the unknown. Fear clings to the known. Their stubbornness and tentancity in the face of everything else, masked under the guise of religious devotion, is false. It is all fear driven. Not love inspired.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
When a human talks fear, fear means what was unknown, then becomes known to cause you to fear.

So preaching fear in a community is irrelevant, for to live in constant fear consciousness will not be enabled to be calm, passive, loving, caring and mutually interactive.

Therefore as teachings of God O were actually scientific, about creation, to fear God meant, so never change its natural form....for it was scientific advice to self as an innocent consciousness.

So if you say to self....I began as a spiritual self.....I thought I would like to try to invent a machine reaction and then God attacked me. I was in acute fear.

Factual innocent conscious life realization, as its owned truth.

Love and conditions of mutual understanding in human life was always about allowing the ability for innocence to be taught, for the need of innocence to be maintained.
"When a human talks fear, fear means what was unknown, then becomes known to cause you to fear."

A mother loves her children and cares for them with the fear that they may not come to any harm. Right, please?
She does in knowingly.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
if you ask.....do you love God?
I am going to say ...yes

but I have yet to set aside my fear of the Almighty
I believe He is dangerous
He is a jealous God......it is written as if a quote
as if He spoke the quote directly to a scribe

and it is written that God Himself took hand in destroying the life and living
of many He considered to be wicked

I do not fear Him for these reports in scripture
even though it is written......fear not anyone who would harm your flesh
rather.....fear Him who can rend the soul

I do fear Him ….that being in His Presence would read like the book of Job

WHAT?.....are YOU doing here....!!!!

that story is yet to be written....with my name in the scheme of it

for this thread...do you love?
What you fear
"for this thread...do you love?
What you fear"

I love G-d and the humanity.
I fear that the humanity does not come to harm. Right, please?

Regards

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Regards

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

God is Avinu Malkeinu, Our Father Our King. Obviously, as our King, we fear his justice. But even as our Father, although we are loved by him, we fear his loving discipline should we do wrong. IMHO those who have no fear of God have never encountered him.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
God is Avinu Malkeinu, Our Father Our King. Obviously, as our King, we fear his justice. But even as our Father, although we are loved by him, we fear his loving discipline should we do wrong. IMHO those who have no fear of God have never encountered him.

So, one agrees that we all have to turn to G-d, in love and fear. There is ho harm in it to anybody. Right, please?

Regards

Thief

Rogue Theologian
"for this thread...do you love?
What you fear"

I love G-d and the humanity.
I fear that the humanity does not come to harm. Right, please?

Regards
I have posted somewhere....
heaven is not looking for your humanity

it is seeking reflection of itself

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe anything that brings a person to know Jesus as Lord and Savior is a good thing. The evangelists see Covid-19 as an opportunity because people are thinking about death and what comes after

Muffled

Jesus in me
In practice, people acting out of fear tend to do just enough to "get by", while people acting out of love tend to do as much as they can.

As an analogy, would you want to be operated on by a heart surgeon that was only going to do enough to get by, or by a heart surgeon who was going to give you his or her best effort?

I believe love hardly ever drives a person out of complacency to seek a savior but fear does. Love can change an untoward heart.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Muffled said:
I believe God is good which is why I could accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior.
OK! This is what you believe, but the Jew, Muslim, and Hindu believe God is good, and this why they believe as they do.

G-d is good, it is for this that we see goodness in the world. It is we human being who do make mistakes and do wrong to ourselves and other human beings. Right, please?

Regards
[9:70]اَلَمۡ یَاۡتِہِمۡ نَبَاُ الَّذِیۡنَ مِنۡ قَبۡلِہِمۡ قَوۡمِ نُوۡحٍ وَّ عَادٍ وَّ ثَمُوۡدَ ۬ۙ وَ قَوۡمِ اِبۡرٰہِیۡمَ وَ اَصۡحٰبِ مَدۡیَنَ وَ الۡمُؤۡتَفِکٰتِ ؕ اَتَتۡہُمۡ رُسُلُہُمۡ بِالۡبَیِّنٰتِ ۚ فَمَا کَانَ اللّٰہُ لِیَظۡلِمَہُمۡ وَ لٰکِنۡ کَانُوۡۤا اَنۡفُسَہُمۡ یَظۡلِمُوۡنَ ﴿۷۰﴾
Has not the story reached them of those before them — the people of Noah, ‘Ad, and Thamud, and the people of Abraham, and the dwellers of Midian, and the cities which were overthrown? Their Messengers came to them with clear Signs. So Allah would not wrong them, but they wronged themselves.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 9: At-Taubah

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Muffled said:
I believe God is good which is why I could accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

G-d is good, it is for this that we see goodness in the world. It is we human being who do make mistakes and do wrong to ourselves and other human beings. Right, please?

Regards
[9:70]اَلَمۡ یَاۡتِہِمۡ نَبَاُ الَّذِیۡنَ مِنۡ قَبۡلِہِمۡ قَوۡمِ نُوۡحٍ وَّ عَادٍ وَّ ثَمُوۡدَ ۬ۙ وَ قَوۡمِ اِبۡرٰہِیۡمَ وَ اَصۡحٰبِ مَدۡیَنَ وَ الۡمُؤۡتَفِکٰتِ ؕ اَتَتۡہُمۡ رُسُلُہُمۡ بِالۡبَیِّنٰتِ ۚ فَمَا کَانَ اللّٰہُ لِیَظۡلِمَہُمۡ وَ لٰکِنۡ کَانُوۡۤا اَنۡفُسَہُمۡ یَظۡلِمُوۡنَ ﴿۷۰﴾
Has not the story reached them of those before them — the people of Noah, ‘Ad, and Thamud, and the people of Abraham, and the dwellers of Midian, and the cities which were overthrown? Their Messengers came to them with clear Signs. So Allah would not wrong them, but they wronged themselves.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 9: At-Taubah

Of source, God is good is a given for those who believed, but this does not address the problem that many if not most believers in the world do not accept other religions and belief systems as good.

Last edited: