• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Homosexuality and Christianity Compatiable?

LoTrobador

Well, are they?

Are homosexuals compatable with Christianity? Absolutely! Christianity is just a name that one gives oneself when they claim to be following the teachings of a man called Jesus yet continually fall short of keeping the Laws that Jesus taught they were to fulfill.

Is Homosexuality compatable with the way, the truth, and the life that Jesus taught? NO.

Anyone can claim to be a Christian with their many denominations and doctrinal differences, so in truth homosexuality is compatable with Christianity it's simply another division of men created by man. Only God ordains members of the Way by baptism of the spirit through the washing of repentance by keeping the Law of God, followed by the sanctification of the soul unto life thought the baptism of the spirit where the soul is re-united to the truth of God that can only come from God.

If one does not receive the spirit of God then they simply depart from the world as empty as they entered it. They are Christians and non christians who are void of the Christ (spirit of God That Jesus promised to pour out on his true followers who are in spirit and in truth). Those who lack the Christ are anti-christ. We are all born anti-christ and must attain to the Christ. as in Adam all die (Flesh), though Christ (spirit of God) all are made alive.

God Bless

Last edited:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Oh dear, Ramrod. You don't ascribe to Christianity, yet you believe Jesus and the Bible? Are you starting another religion? :facepalm:

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Wow it must just be the US then! LOL. Most of those you mentioned are in Europe. I have heard European Christians are much more liberal, but I didn't realize how much.

Take heart, Yosef. I know of at least two churches near me that are open to all, regardless of orientation. In fact, they're open to people of differing faiths as well.

Not sure how that all works, but I think my curiosity will someday push me into paying one a visit.

Why not?

Even assuming you're right, why didn't Jesus say so?

He did, It's just not in your bible because Rome wants an excuse to molest children which they have done for much of their history. They not knowing that if they continue in sin, their sins are retained unto them.

From an ancient text.

Then saith Jesus unto them again, Peace be unto you, as Abba Amma hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this he breathed on them and said unto them, Receive ye the Holy Spirit; preach the Gospel, and anounce ye unto all nations; the resurrection of the Son of Man. Teach ye the holy law of love which I have delivered unto you. And whosoever forsake their sins, they are remitted unto them, and whosoever continue in their sins they are retained unto them. And he said unto them. Love ye one another and all the creatures of God. Yet I say unto you, not all are men, who are in the form of man. Are they men or women in the image of God whose ways are ways of violence, of oppression and wrong, who choose a lie rather than the truth? Nay, verily, till they are born again, and receive the Spirit of Love and Wisdom within their hearts. Then only are they sons and daughters of Israel, and being of Israel they are children of God, And for this cause came I into the world, and for this I have suffered at the hands of sinners. These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. And Jesus said, I stood in the midst of the world, and in the flesh was I seen and heard, and I found all men glutted with their own pleasures, and drunk with their own follies, and none found I hungry or athirst for the wisdom which is of God. My soul grieveth over the sons and daughters of men because they are blind in their heart, and in their soul are they deaf and hear not my voice.

If you do not hear the voice of God you are not one with God. Fulfill the Law in the same manner that Jesus did and taught by example and you can be born again. Untill then your soul which is eternal, simply travels though earth history in an empty vessel of Flesh. Never entering into the promised rest.

You can live your whole life as Gay as you want. It will not save you to call yourself a Christian and forsake the Law of God that Jesus taught men to fulfill. only the Law of God will save you.

From the Ages of Ages is the Eternal Thought and the Thought is the Word, and the Word is the Act, and these Three are one in the Eternal Law, and the Law is with God and the Law proceeds from God. All things are created by Law and without it is not anything created that existeth. In the Word is Life and Substance, the Fire and the Light. The Love and the Wisdom are one for the Salvation of all. And the Light shineth in darkness and the darkness concealeth it not. The Word is the one Life-giving Fire, which shining into the world becometh the fire and light of every soul that entereth into the world. I am in the world, and the world is in me, and the world knoweth it not. I come to my own House, and my friends receive me not. But as many as receive and obey, to them is given the power to become the Sons and Daughters of God, even to them who believe in the Holy Name, who are born--not of the will of the blood and flesh, but of God. And the Word is incarnate and dwelleth among us, whose Glory we beheld, full of Grace. Behold the Goodness, and the Truth and the Beauty of God!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Wow it must just be the US then! LOL. Most of those you mentioned are in Europe. I have heard European Christians are much more liberal, but I didn't realize how much.
Well...
We are the repository for and the benefactors of Puritanism...:facepalm:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
He did, It's just not in your bible because Rome wants an excuse to molest children which they have done for much of their history. They not knowing that if they continue in sin, their sins are retained unto them.
1) It's not "my" Bible.

2) Homosexuality has nothing to do with pedophilia, or even pederasty.

From an ancient text.
You'll have to do better than that. What "ancient text?"

Then saith Jesus unto them again, Peace be unto you, as Abba Amma hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this he breathed on them and said unto them, Receive ye the Holy Spirit; preach the Gospel, and anounce ye unto all nations; the resurrection of the Son of Man. Teach ye the holy law of love which I have delivered unto you. And whosoever forsake their sins, they are remitted unto them, and whosoever continue in their sins they are retained unto them. And he said unto them. Love ye one another and all the creatures of God. Yet I say unto you, not all are men, who are in the form of man. Are they men or women in the image of God whose ways are ways of violence, of oppression and wrong, who choose a lie rather than the truth? Nay, verily, till they are born again, and receive the Spirit of Love and Wisdom within their hearts. Then only are they sons and daughters of Israel, and being of Israel they are children of God, And for this cause came I into the world, and for this I have suffered at the hands of sinners. These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. And Jesus said, I stood in the midst of the world, and in the flesh was I seen and heard, and I found all men glutted with their own pleasures, and drunk with their own follies, and none found I hungry or athirst for the wisdom which is of God. My soul grieveth over the sons and daughters of men because they are blind in their heart, and in their soul are they deaf and hear not my voice.
Nothing in there about homosexuality.

If you do not hear the voice of God you are not one with God. Fulfill the Law in the same manner that Jesus did and taught by example and you can be born again. Untill then your soul which is eternal, simply travels though earth history in an empty vessel of Flesh. Never entering into the promised rest.

You can live your whole life as Gay as you want. It will not save you to call yourself a Christian and forsake the Law of God that Jesus taught men to fulfill. only the Law of God will save you.
And how do you know queers don't "hear the voice of God?"

BTW, please don't use that eye-twistingly tiny font anymore.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!

Considering that you 7th Day Adventists are a Christian sect, it's YOUR bible too.

BTW, pedophilia and homosexuality are completely unrelated subjects.

From an ancient text.

Since when are writtings from the 1860's "ancient"?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If Christians can learn to accept pork, wearing mixed fabrics, a Sunday Sabbath, women speaking in church and many other biblical proscriptions, I don't see why they can't learn to accept homosexuality. It's all in which cherries you choose to pick.

Regardless what free-thinkers may hold as their guiding principle in concerns of individual rights and ones personal choice in sexual matters, religious organizations likewise have the right to discriminate in matters of the dogmatic criteria by which they either accept or reject others as potential members of their community based upon adherence to particular codes of conduct which believers willingly accept to follow.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
Regardless what free-thinkers may hold as their guiding principle in concerns of individual rights and ones personal choice in sexual matters, religious organizations likewise have the right to discriminate in matters of the dogmatic criteria by which they either accept or reject others as potential members of their community based upon adherence to particular codes of conduct which believers willingly accept to follow.

Mostly agreed.

However, there are certain circumstances where this does not apply.

Considering the support this group gets from their affiliation with a school, they must abide by that school's guidelines.

Mostly agreed.

However, there are certain circumstances where this does not apply.

Considering the support this group gets from their affiliation with a school, they must abide by that school's guidelines.
Of course, that within a democratic secular society all such groups found to discriminate against anyone based upon race, gender, sexual orientation, etc., are viewed with a certain degree of hostility. However, we live in a nation where there exists a separation between church and state .. thus, the church does not possess the authority to impose its will upon the free citizens, nor does the state possess the right to impose democratic principles upon religious bodies.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Episcopal Church of USA, The Old Catholic Church of the Netherlands, Christian Catholic Church of Switzerland, Catholic Diocese of the Old Catholics in Germany, Old Catholic Church of Austria, Church of Sweden, Church of Denmark, Protestant Church in Hesse and Nassau, Protestant Church of Bremen, Protestant Lutheran State Church of Brunswick, Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hanover, North Elbian Evangelical Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Oldenburg, Evangelical Church of Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Upper Lusatia, Protestant Church of Westphalia, Protestant Church of the Palatinate, Evangelical Church in the Rhineland, Swiss Reformed Church, Protestant Church in the Netherlands, Church of Norway, Evangelische Kirche HB (Reformiert) in Österreich, United Protestant Church in Belgium, United Church of Canada, Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches, Mennonite Church in the Netherlands, Unitarian Universalists, Swedenborgian Church of North America - few sects?

And most recently in the U.S., the Evangelical Lutherans, which is not in any way a small sect.

Walkntune

Well, are they?
whether or not you consider homosexuality a sin or not has no bearing on whether or not a homosexual can be a Christian.I think over indulging with food is a sin but many southern baptist preachers love their fried chicken.

Smoke

Done here.
Episcopal Church of USA, The Old Catholic Church of the Netherlands, Christian Catholic Church of Switzerland, Catholic Diocese of the Old Catholics in Germany, Old Catholic Church of Austria, Church of Sweden, Church of Denmark, Protestant Church in Hesse and Nassau, Protestant Church of Bremen, Protestant Lutheran State Church of Brunswick, Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hanover, North Elbian Evangelical Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Oldenburg, Evangelical Church of Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Upper Lusatia, Protestant Church of Westphalia, Protestant Church of the Palatinate, Evangelical Church in the Rhineland, Swiss Reformed Church, Protestant Church in the Netherlands, Church of Norway, Evangelische Kirche HB (Reformiert) in Österreich, United Protestant Church in Belgium, United Church of Canada, Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches, Mennonite Church in the Netherlands, Unitarian Universalists, Swedenborgian Church of North America - few sects?
Out of 20,000 or more Christian sects -- yes, that's a few. Nor do gay people or gay marriages enjoy equality throughout all those denominations. In addition, the vast majority of Christians belong to denominations that have official anti-gay policies.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Well, are they?

Biblically speaking you can make an argument either way.

Personally, I find that it would be difficult for Christians to enforce the laws against sexual immorality when they straight up ignore so many others.

That's just it. I don't know why gay people would want to be in a religion that generally dislikes them. Not all Christians do, but a lot of them do, and that opinion isn't changing too quickly, despite the few sects that are opening up about it.

Christianity, at its heart (IE Biblically) does not hate homosexuals. It describes homosexual behavior as being undesired.

Of course, that within a democratic secular society all such groups found to discriminate against anyone based upon race, gender, sexual orientation, etc., are viewed with a certain degree of hostility. However, we live in a nation where there exists a separation between church and state .. thus, the church does not possess the authority to impose its will upon the free citizens, nor does the state possess the right to impose democratic principles upon religious bodies.

Who suggests this?