• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Evolutionists Delusional ???

crystalonyx

I have asked this same question in other topics, but gone no good answer.

The best I got was that the sun and moon were created, God shined his cosmic flashlight. :rolleyes:

When he want light, he would just flip it on, and you would have morning. And when he wanted evening, he would switch off his flashlight.

Genius, isn't it? :eek:

It might be best if this was considered to be a not so well told story.

rojse

RF Addict
Although this is probably not pertinent to the discussion of evolution, you can define a day in several different ways. You can, for example, use a sidereal day - the length of time it takes for a planet to rotate three hundred and sixty degrees.

We normally use the definition of the solar day - the spin of the earth once so that it faces the sun in the same exact same direction. This is slightly over three hundred and sixty degrees, because the earth has to spin slightly extra to face the same direction, having travelled some distance in space.

Greatest I am

Do you consider yourself a deist? (God set up the initial conditions of the universe, and then let everything happen without interference).

Yes, I believe that a perfect god with perfect works has no need to tweek His creation. It runs perfectly on it's own. this does not mean that if we seek Him we will not find Him . We will. This is allowed within His perfect systems.

Regards
DL

rojse

RF Addict
Yes, I believe that a perfect god with perfect works has no need to tweek His creation. It runs perfectly on it's own. this does not mean that if we seek Him we will not find Him . We will. This is allowed within His perfect systems.

Regards
DL

The fact that you consider that he interferes after creation means that you are not really a deist - deists believe that God does not interfere.

Greatest I am

The fact that you consider that he interferes after creation means that you are not really a deist - deists believe that God does not interfere.

If communication is interfering then your right. i could not by your definition call myself a deist

rojse

RF Addict
Although this is probably not pertinent to the discussion of evolution, you can define a day in several different ways. You can, for example, use a sidereal day - the length of time it takes for a planet to rotate three hundred and sixty degrees.

We normally use the definition of the solar day - the spin of the earth once so that it faces the sun in the same exact same direction. This is slightly over three hundred and sixty degrees, because the earth has to spin slightly extra to face the same direction, having travelled some distance in space.

I don't understand why anyone is not defining a biblical creation day as a sidereal day. There is nothing wrong with it - it is far more reasonable than trying to shoehorn in Genesis to fit in the presence of a sun or a huge flashlight to have the solar day instead.

Simply put, sidereal day = rotation of earth 360 degrees, solar day = 360 degrees, plus a bit extra, because the earth revolves around the sun. The difference is slightly less than four minutes, hardly anything to an omnipotent God.

FFH

Veteran Member
So you are going to ASSUME there was another light source?
Yes, from day one, until day four, we can only assume there was another light source other than the Sun.

"Christ is the light :) of the world" and the creator of this world.

Yosemete Sam said:
did God just use a glowstick of some kind?
Are we so primitive to think that the only way to produce light is by burning something ???

There are free energy sources at our disposal, we only need to tap into them.

Have you never seen free magnetic energy turn on a light bulb ???

We are only just now beginning to tap into free energy sources all around us.

Check this gadget out

AMAZING New Tech Never Seen BEFORE, CES 2008, Mova Globe

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Ja gut leider nehmen einige es so. Bitte, obwohl, wenn Sie wünschen, zu diskutieren dass mit mir, schickt mir eine persönliche Nachricht. Es ist Spam hier bedacht...
I find your signature line to be quite offensive and hope that a moderator will censor it. I strongly object to this line:

"If you love me, you will kill witnesses..."

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Yes, from day one, until day four, we can only assume there was another light source other than the Sun.

"Christ is the light :) of the world" and the creator of this world.

Are we so primitive to think that the only way to produce light is by burning something ???
I don't really feel the need to point out the irony in that, and will instead opt to attack the ignorance.
Glowsticks don't 'burn' in any sense of the word.

There are free energy sources at our disposal, we only need to tap into them.
There is no such thing as free energy. That is like saying a hyperbolic orbit around the moon produces free energy. It doesn't; it takes it from the moon. Do that a couple billion trillion times and the moon may stop spinning.

Rowenn

I find your signature line to be quite offensive and hope that a moderator will censor it. I strongly object to this line:

"If you love me, you will kill witnesses..."

Sorry, that was an error in translation. I must have done it wrong. (I use freetranslation.com you see.) I'll fix that right away. I apologize for the mistake.

gnostic

The Lost One
sandy whitelinger said:
No, on the first day God created light.
But it also state that the light was created to divide day and night.

And this is what the sun do, naturally and scientifically.

But the bible states that the sun wasn't created until the 4th day.

So what is your Genesis' light source, if it is not the sun? And how can you have day and night without the sun?

The bible is still illogical.