• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Christians Human-Worshipers?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

I have read it in the Greek.

I do not believe Jesus is the Logos.

I believe that Logos in this verse means God's Law, his all, and order, that creation comes from.

It merely says that Logos became in-fleshed in Jesus.

14. And the Logos IN-FLESHED became, and tabernacled among us...

- in-fleshed = tabernacled - NOT a Being, - NO Jesus is God, etc.

They keep translating -autou - as he - when it also is - it - or this.

IT/THIS was in the beginning with THE GOD.

Did you notice on John1:2 that they left out THE (GOD) to help their trinity idea? It is THE God = ONE GOD = no trinity.

All things through IT/THIS came into being.

It can be HE, in some verses - as long as you understand it is ONE God YHVH, not Jesus that they are talking about.

Jesus is a special Teacher of God's Law/logos -and supposedly the awaited - human - Messiah through the line of David.

John just testifies that Jesus is the - photos - light - illumination.

Forever_Catholic

"Onoma" - here, should be "authority".

Depart/travel and teach all nations; Baptize them with the authority of the Father, Son, and Holy POWER.
No, onoma is "name." The name carries authority. Your translation of Matthew 28:19 is obviously yours alone. Can't find "authority" substituted for "name" in any English-language Bible. Don't see it in the Latin Vulgate Bible either -- in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti -- and don't see "onoma" translated as "authority" when I look it up.

the Holy Spirit/Power - obviously has no name because it is power, not a person.
The Holy Spirit is not merely a force or power. He is a person of God, and is personified by emotions, intellect, and actions. He "teaches" and "reminds," for example, as Jesus said he would. He hears prayers and gives graces, among other things.

Trinity is never taught in the Bible.
Maybe this argument is about the word "Trinity" not being in the Bible. If so, it means nothing. That's just our word for the Triune God. Many words don't appear in any biblical text, including the word "bible." And if that's not your argument, it still means nothing against all the pertinent scripture.

Tumah

Veteran Member
If you follow the thread from pro4life to yours and to my post, we are still talking about the Lord Jesus Christ, right? In Micah 5:2 it says, the One who was born in “Bethlehem”, from “the clans of Judah”, “From the days of eternity”, is the Lord Jesus Christ. None of these religions that you mentioned here, JW, Islam and Baha’i, believe that the Lord Jesus Christ came from eternity or as John would say it in his gospel, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God”, or He was "from the days of eternity -Micah 5:2"
Sorry, that's not relevant. None of those religions aim to replace Jesus either. They are only adding on to him. The same as Christianity did to Judaism.

Also, Micah 5:2 has nothing to do with anything. It's referring to the place David came from. See 1 Sam. 16:1

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
No, onoma is "name." The name carries authority. Your translation of Matthew 28:19 is obviously yours alone. Can't find "authority" substituted for "name" in any English-language Bible. Don't see it in the Latin Vulgate Bible either -- in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti -- and don't see "onoma" translated as "authority" when I look it up.

ING - "Authority" happens to be one of the Greek meanings for the word.

The Holy Spirit is not merely a force or power. He is a person of God, and is personified by emotions, intellect, and actions. He "teaches" and "reminds," for example, as Jesus said he would. He hears prayers and gives graces, among other things.

ING - As I have shown - that isn't correct. It is all in the translation.

Maybe this argument is about the word "Trinity" not being in the Bible. If so, it means nothing. That's just our word for the Triune God. Many words don't appear in any biblical text, including the word "bible." And if that's not your argument, it still means nothing against all the pertinent scripture.

It isn't just the word that isn't there. There is no triune teaching, no extra God parts - only ONE God.

Jesus never teaches that he is part of a triune God.

A little strange that he wouldn't tell us this if it were so - don't you think?

Ashraf

What really amazes me is the insistence of Christisns on worshiping a creation by God then calling that creation God as well

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
IT/THIS was in the beginning with THE GOD.
Did you notice on John1:2 that they left out THE (GOD) to help their trinity idea? It is THE God = ONE GOD = no trinity.
JN 1:2 He was in the beginning with God. The “HE/HOUTOS” in the “masculine”, or nominative masculine singular, and NOT an “IT/THIS” in the “neuter” “auto” [see verse 5].

The “ton Theon” is in accusative case ending, i.e., the object of the sentence while the “HE” is “HOUTOS” is in nominative case ending, i.e., the subject with the definite article like the one in John 1:1c “THE WORD” was God.

The one with the DEFINITE ARTICLE is the SUBJECT, i.e., “THE WORD/noun” and the one WITHOUT THE DEFINITE ARTICLE is what you call the PREDICATE NOMINATIVE, i.e., “GOD/noun” and to link the SUBJECT [THE WORD/noun] to the PREDICATE NOMINATIVE [GOD/noun] you would need a LINKING VERB, and that is, the “EN/WAS”. IOW, A predicate nominative or predicate noun, i.e., “GOD” completes a linking verb, i.e., “WAS” and renames the subject, i.e., “WORD” as “GOD”.

In verses 2, 3, 4, 7, in reference to the Lord Jesus Christ, are all in genitive masculine and not in neuter as verse 5 “it” translate or inflected in “auto” instead of “autos”.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I myself would have to say that yes, they do worship humans, well at least Jesus the man, the man they made a god out of.

raph

The hidden God has appeared in Jesus. The general idea is to worship the God who appeared in Jesus, not Jesus the carpenter. Worshipping a human is different from worshipping God through a human, in whom He appeared. Although some Christians would say, that we should worship Jesus the carpenter, so don't take my word too seriously.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The hidden God has appeared in Jesus. The general idea is to worship the God who appeared in Jesus, not Jesus the carpenter. Worshipping a human is different from worshipping God through a human, in whom He appeared. Although some Christians would say, that we should worship Jesus the carpenter, so don't take my word too seriously.
Jesus, in the text, says that He came down from heaven. Do carpenters say that? You can't pick and choose religious beliefs for a religion, you can only choose personal beliefs. The churches got some things wrong, imo. though; so I'm sure we partly agree.

rusra02

Premium Member
Matthew 4:10 - Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"
God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus, God the Son, came to earth both fully human and fully divine. True Christians do worship Jesus because he is God.
I base my beliefs on what the Bible teaches. And I do not believe the Bible teaches that "God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." Rather, as John 17:3 quotes Jesus praying to God; "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." Thus Jesus said his Father is the only true God, and that he sent his Son. (John 3:16)

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
JN 1:2 He was in the beginning with God. The “HE/HOUTOS” in the “masculine”, or nominative masculine singular, and NOT an “IT/THIS” in the “neuter” “auto” [see verse 5].

The “ton Theon” is in accusative case ending, i.e., the object of the sentence while the “HE” is “HOUTOS” is in nominative case ending, i.e., the subject with the definite article like the one in John 1:1c “THE WORD” was God.

The one with the DEFINITE ARTICLE is the SUBJECT, i.e., “THE WORD/noun” and the one WITHOUT THE DEFINITE ARTICLE is what you call the PREDICATE NOMINATIVE, i.e., “GOD/noun” and to link the SUBJECT [THE WORD/noun] to the PREDICATE NOMINATIVE [GOD/noun] you would need a LINKING VERB, and that is, the “EN/WAS”. IOW, A predicate nominative or predicate noun, i.e., “GOD” completes a linking verb, i.e., “WAS” and renames the subject, i.e., “WORD” as “GOD”.

In verses 2, 3, 4, 7, in reference to the Lord Jesus Christ, are all in genitive masculine and not in neuter as verse 5 “it” translate or inflected in “auto” instead of “autos”.

Finish reading your info. THIS or THAT = IT - was in the beginning with THE God.