• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Christians Human-Worshipers?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Jesus was human. So does it make Christians human-worshippers?

Yes, Jesus is human. However, I wouldn't say they are worshiping Jesus as a person. If they did, that is completely against Christ's teachings. Rather they are worshiping who He represents--and He is the representative of the Father. So, through Christ, they are worshiping God.

They are worshiping God (or should be) through Christ rather than worshiping the Father as Christ since Jesus never taught to worship Him as His Father. (Points to what rusra02 said below: Matthew 4:10")

Last edited:

Etritonakin

No -Christ was an immortal being who temporarily inhabited a human body. He was also the same being seen in the Old Testament as a pillar of fire and a pillar of smoke -and Moses saw the back parts of his glorious body. That doesn't make the worshipers of God worshipers of fire, smoke, or even glorious bodies.

Many Christians do err by focusing more on Christ than the Father, but the Father deems him worthy of praise, adoration, glory, honor, etc.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Man-worshipper?
No, my punctuation may have been a bit confusing. Xians are 'Man-God' worshippers. /as I stated in the first post, God in the form of a man.
Jesus as He walked among us was 'man-like'. However He is deific; even in 'man-form', as He is represented in the Bible, is different from other people. That's why, for instance, His 'baptism', ie the way He baptizes, is different from John the Baptist. Jesus the God took man form, hence His dual role as not only the "Messiah", but also deity. The ''human'' aspect of Jesus is manifestation of His God self. That's why He is ''part'' of the Godhead, while at the same time being God. The ''father'' aspect represents the God aspect of Jesus while He walked among us.

Last edited:

we-live-now

Yes, he was human like us.

I agree that Hebrews says he was made "fully human", but does that mean like us now? Is it possible he was and is a full spiritual "man" and we have not yet arrived there? Ponder Colossians 1:15-20. Does that sound like you and I?

What if we are not yet "fully human"?

What if God considers us in natural bodies still as "beasts of the field"?

Have you see what God revealed of "Noah" in Genesis 9:3? It says that he gave Noah the "green plant" previously to eat. Now, go back to Genesis 1 and see who it was that God gave the "green plant" to. (Also, make sure you use a more literal translation like the NASB and not the NIV or the like.)

What "classification" is God saying Noah really is at that point?

arthra

Baha'i
In my view view Jesus was human but His heart was like a pure mirror that perfectly reflected the attributes of God.. He was designated for a purpose and a mission aside from say the rest of humanity in His time...

we-live-now

In my view view Jesus was human but His heart was like a pure mirror that perfectly reflected the attributes of God.. He was designated for a purpose and a mission aside from say the rest of humanity in His time...

I like that. Scripture also says that when he "appears, we will be like him". 1 John 3:2 So, is it possible in our current state, we are not yet, fully "human"?

we-live-now

To worship anything on earth or heaven is idol worship, that's what the ten commandments say.

YES! Amen!

That is a HUGE thing to see. God has given you eyes to see my friend.

In our natural humanity called the "outer man" or "the flesh" we can do nothing but worship an image. This is because our soul is off-kilter and is no longer directly pointed at God himself (since the law was given). That's all this current realm of the "natural" is. An "image" or reflection of the true substance or reality because it is under "the law". Hebrews 10:1-2. ALL THINGS now in this current realm of "death" are but an IMAGE (shadow) of the TRUE substance who is Christ. Col 2:17.

That is all that man can do is worship an image. That is why he "misses the mark" (sins) 100% of the time unless/until Jesus fixes this issue and we can "see God" clearly. This "missing the mark" is 100% caused and enforced by God himself. But it is also fixed 100% by God too in his Son. This "image worship" by all men is why they experience "death". But it is also what will cause them (ALL) to live. 1 Cor 15:22

Who IS the "image of the invisible God"? Col 1:15

Let's think big here and allow me to reiterate. Bigger than we have ever been taught. What if Jesus Christ is the gigantic, all-powerful, spiritual son (soul) of the almighty God who is larger than all creation? What if he IS ALL and IN ALL? Col 3:11. What if he is really "wearing" the current creation as a "garment" and all of us are worshipping him (AND HIS FATHER) whether we realize it or not (ever time we worship an "image". Which is 100% of the time)? Hebrews 1:2.

Just some simple thoughts to ponder... :)

Tumah

Veteran Member
Jesus was human. So does it make Christians human-worshippers?
That's one way to look at it. Another way, is that the NT is a fictional account based on a historical figure. Which would kind of mean that they worship a fictional character.