• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are all atheists facing Hell?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Could be. That's situational, most likely.

No. It is not. You can't really put aside the plain contradiction of the premise. Either your god is at least halfway moral, or atheists should fear hell. You can't reconcile the two statements with each other.

Pascal's Wager is a mishappen joke.

That being said, in Scriptural debates, and actual real Christian debate, the position of atheism is a very bad premise.

Which says a lot more about the worth of scripture than it says about atheism.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not arguing that they would. That doesn't change the fact that they might be facing Hell because of their decision. The Bible isn't vague about this; accepting Jesus, and some Jews, is the way to attain salvation, and there really isn't an excuse, since most atheists cannot claim ignorance to religious and Biblical inference.

If the Koran is true, all but Moslem's face hell. Any book of myths can make a claim. That doesn't mean we have to take that claim seriously.

We face hell only if hell actually exists. The Bible isn't a reliable source of information. Nor is the Koran.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
No. It is not. You can't really put aside the plain contradiction of the premise. Either your god is at least halfway moral, or atheists should fear hell. You can't reconcile the two statements with each other.

Really? Then you would disagree with the moralistic arguments as well, yet you never do. There is no theism, yet there is morality? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Erebus

Yes, atheists are damned.

They'll all spend eternity chatting with mild-mannered vicars who pointedly refuse to try and convert them. Sounds pretty tame for Hell but trust me on this, give it a few weeks and the anticipation will drive them completely insane.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Really? Then you would disagree with the moralistic arguments as well, yet you never do. There is no theism, yet there is morality? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Morality isn't about following what a supernatural entity commands.

It's about caring about people. No deity is required for that.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Well at least Hell sounds better than Heaven.
Just imagine spending an eternity with all those righteous nut jobs, praising god all day; give me fire and interesting people any day.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
If the Koran is true, all but Moslem's face hell. Any book of myths can make a claim. That doesn't mean we have to take that claim seriously.

We face hell only if hell actually exists. The Bible isn't a reliable source of information. Nor is the Koran.

I personally don't subscribe to the idea that all atheism is the same. Also, you are agnostic, I would advise against lumping yourself together with the 'atheism' belief set.

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
Are all people wishing hell upon others facing hell?

I mean, atheists going to hell would validate your viewpoint: That atheists go to hell, and that there's a hell in the first place.

Do you wish it?

I say no matter how you reply to this, there's enough evidence to suggest that you are actually wishing hell upon others. And for this reason alone, IF your view is correct, then you shall be there beforehand to show the place around to dem atheists.

I say by merely forming the thought to make this thread, you have sinned and will go to hell if your views are correct.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Are all people wishing hell upon others facing hell?

I mean, atheists going to hell would validate your viewpoint: That atheists go to hell, and that there's a hell in the first place.

Do you wish it?

I say no matter how you reply to this, there's enough evidence to suggest that you are actually wishing hell upon others. And for this reason alone, IF your view is correct, then you shall be there beforehand to show the place around to dem atheists.

I say by merely forming the thought to make this thread, you have sinned and will go to hell if your views are correct.
That's abstract, yet ok, so atheists are going to Hell, if your theory were correct.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Sort of. If you believe in Hell, /many religions used to, then it can be considered outside a biblical context.
You were the one who brought up the Bible. In any case, it's also true that "syncretic thinks atheists are going to Hell" <> "atheists are going to Hell."

IMO, trying to figure out who's going to Hell before you even establish that Hell exists at all is putting the cart before the horse.