• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Architect : A Grand Design

M Croteau

Ever wonder does evolution exist?
Please read!

architect-cover-photo.png

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@Thief would argue that because evolution occurs over time,
& because time doesn't exist, evolution cannot exist.

Now....that's all the time I want to invest in this thread.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Ever wonder does evolution exist?
Please read!

architect-cover-photo.png

I wonder at the wonder of evolution. No I do not wonder whether evolution exists. The science of evolution is falsified and determined by objective verifiable evidence far beyond any reasonable doubt.

The magnificent and wonderful patterns of nature are natural magnificent and wonderful patterns of nature.

shmogie

I wonder at the wonder of evolution. No I do not wonder whether evolution exists. The science of evolution is falsified and determined by objective verifiable evidence far beyond any reasonable doubt.

The magnificent and wonderful patterns of nature are natural magnificent and wonderful patterns of nature.
Beyond any reasonable doubt ? That is a legal term, do you know the standard of evidence that exists for something to be ¨ beyond reasonable doubt¨" ?

I assure you, the theory of evolution does not meet the standard.

Please use scientific terms to make your point, not legal ones, that don´t apply.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Beyond any reasonable doubt ? That is a legal term, do you know the standard of evidence that exists for something to be ¨ beyond reasonable doubt¨" ?

Please use scientific terms to make your point, not legal ones, that don´t apply.

I assure you it does.

Besides all the other evidence there is one that just cannot lie, ask any inmate in prison convicted on DNA evidence

ChristineM

Premium Member
What a

What are you talking about ? In the law classes I have had, and the law books I own, DNA is never cited as an element of reasonable doubt.

I dont really care, the courts think otherwise, that it is beyond doubt

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

So, to you, because "reasonable doubt" is used in legal proceedings, the concept is off limits to all other applications? Sorry, but I find the term useful and applicable elsewhere, and will use it whenever it expresses the concept I have in mind that the term means. We are all free to use whatever language the law uses, including words such as testimony, guilt, and defense.

Also, the theory of evolution has been confirmed beyond reasonable doubt, and is considered settled science within the scientific community, just as the heliocentric theory and germ theory of infection are presently unassailable. None of these will ever be overturned, creationist objections notwithstanding.

shmogie

So, to you, because "reasonable doubt" is used in legal proceedings, the concept is off limits to all other applications? Sorry, but I find the term useful and applicable elsewhere, and will use it whenever it expresses the concept I have in mind that the term means. We are all free to use whatever language the law uses, including words such as testimony, guilt, and defense.

Also, the theory of evolution has been confirmed beyond reasonable doubt, and is considered settled science within the scientific community, just as the heliocentric theory and germ theory of infection are presently unassailable. None of these will ever be overturned, creationist objections notwithstanding.
It means absolutely nothing without criteria for itś use. You have what you call a reasonable doubt that the north pole exists. To whom is it reasonable, what makes it reasonable, what is doubt ? I have a reasonable doubt that rocks are our original parents, so what ? You have a reasonable doubt that my doubt is reasonable. Bah ! It is a legal term, and it means jack when used in this context.

It is just empty gibberish. Nice try though, you guyś just hate to be questioned don´t you ?

State your science in scientific terms, and don´t use terms from other disciplines that don´t apply and you won´t have to be corrected.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Are you talking about DNA in a forensic sense ? So, you switched from abiogenisis to legal evidence, and did´t tell me. My wife does that all the time.

I am talking DNA in the physical sense. You are the one griping abour beyond doubt, dont try twisting it on to me

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It means absolutely nothing without criteria for itś use. You have what you call a reasonable doubt that the north pole exists. To whom is it reasonable, what makes it reasonable, what is doubt ? I have a reasonable doubt that rocks are our original parents, so what ? You have a reasonable doubt that my doubt is reasonable. Bah ! It is a legal term, and it means jack when used in this context.

It is just empty gibberish. Nice try though, you guyś just hate to be questioned don´t you ?

State your science in scientific terms, and don´t use terms from other disciplines that don´t apply and you won´t have to be corrected.

Apparently you don't understand either the word reasonable or doubt.

How about if I do what I want rather than what you impotently demand of me? You have no authority here. Neither you nor your religious beliefs limit my use of language to express myself.

And creationist opinions about science remain irrelevant. You have no authority there, either. I'll use whatever language I choose, and you and your religion are impotent to prevent it.

shmogie

Apparently you don't understand either the word reasonable or doubt.

How about if I do what I want rather than what you impotently demand of me? You have no authority here. Neither you nor your religious beliefs limit my use of language to express myself.

And creationist opinions about science remain irrelevant. You have no authority there, either. I'll use whatever language I choose, and you and your religion are impotent to prevent it.
Use whatever language you choose, itś on you if it means absolutely nothing.

I never expressed a creationist opinion, you are in the wrong thread, or something.

I have no aurhority, and most certainly you don´t.

Try not to not say a word if I use a scientific term in a manner you don´t like or is contrary to some arbitrary scientific rule.

Sloppy and meaningless language appears to be your choice, stick with it and know you opened the door, because you just couldn´t bear being corrected.

I have a reasonable expectation that your response will be more aggressive, go for it. I have a reasonable doubt that you can help yourself.