• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Appeals court: 'There is a direct linkage' between Trump and Capitol riots

anna.

but mostly it's the same
The United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit has delivered a unanimous ruling rejecting former President Donald Trump's efforts to keep archived White House records away from the House Select Committee investigating the January 6th Capitol riots.

One particularly notable part of the ruling comes in the three-judge panel's explanation for why Congress is fully justified in seeking Trump's White House records, as the judges argue that Congress has a direct interest in investigating an attack launched against it.

"The January 6th Committee has also demonstrated a sound factual predicate for requesting these presidential documents specifically," the court writes. "There is a direct linkage between the former President and the events of the day."

Lain

The United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit has delivered a unanimous ruling rejecting former President Donald Trump's efforts to keep archived White House records away from the House Select Committee investigating the January 6th Capitol riots.

One particularly notable part of the ruling comes in the three-judge panel's explanation for why Congress is fully justified in seeking Trump's White House records, as the judges argue that Congress has a direct interest in investigating an attack launched against it.

"The January 6th Committee has also demonstrated a sound factual predicate for requesting these presidential documents specifically," the court writes. "There is a direct linkage between the former President and the events of the day."

And water is wet. More at 11.

We Never Know

No Slack

Direct linkage or not, it doesn't change the fact that Trump is a narccissist.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Excellent news that the committee is subpoenaing Mark Meadows' phone records. He does NOT want those texts to go public, but the committee does, and I sure do.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Lock him up.....

We Never Know

No Slack
To be honest more then what's in charge now.

To be honest, and probably offend several, both Trump and Biden are old idiots that shouldnt be there.
When Trump and Biden are the best we have to offer, we have failed in my opinion.

Last edited:

anna.

but mostly it's the same
To be honest, and probably offend several, both Trump and Biden are old idiots that should be there.
When Trump and Biden are the best we have to offer, we have failed in my opinion.

Eh. Biden wasn’t my first choice in the primary, but he was the only choice in the general. Anyway I don’t think one can achieve political power without some measure of narcissism.

We Never Know

No Slack
He already did. But he doesn’t anymore, that’s why it’s too late to worry about that aspect. Now what I’m concerned about is justice served and preventing a repeat.

Don't forget "Trump 2024". Sadly he will beat Biden in my opinion.
So we will stay at sucky for four more years. But by 2024 we will be at 8 sucky years since 2016

F1fan

Veteran Member
Don't forget "Trump 2024". Sadly he will beat Biden in my opinion.
So we will stay at sucky for four more years. But by 2024 we will be at 8 sucky years since 2016
I don't think trump has the courage to run again unless he's guaranteed he will have a way into office. I'm concerned about what some states are setting up in their election commissions. And with many voting laws that will limit access to polls.

We Never Know

No Slack
I don't think trump has the courage to run again unless he's guaranteed he will have a way into office. I'm concerned about what some states are setting up in their election commissions. And with many voting laws that will limit access to polls.

I agree. Unless its a for sure win he won't run. He doesn't want to be a two time loser.

Shadow11

We will see if America wants to stay on the same path with Trump others will run for the seat in the republican party - will he get the nomination when the time comes?