• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently Republican Senators were in on it!

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Republican senators echoed Biden in urging Ukrainian president to reform prosecutor general's office - CNNPolitics

(CNN) A newly unearthed letter from 2016 shows that Republican senators pushed for reforms to Ukraine's prosecutor general's office and judiciary, echoing calls then-Vice President Joe Biden made at the time.

CNN's KFile found a February 2016 bipartisan letter signed by several Republican senators that urged then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to "press ahead with urgent reforms to the Prosecutor General's office and judiciary."

The letter shows that addressing corruption in Ukraine's Prosecutor General's office had bipartisan support in the US and further undercuts a baseless attack made by President Donald Trump and his allies that Biden pressured the Ukrainian government to fire then Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin to stop investigations into a Ukrainian natural gas company that his son, Hunter Biden, sat on the board of.

So either Republican Senators were in on the whole thing from the beginning (which I guess means Trump should be pressuring Ukraine to investigate them as well), or the whole "J. Biden got the prosecutor fired to protect his son" talking point is just plain BS.

Gee, I wonder which of those is more likely? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, this info should kill that talking point once and for all, except of course for the truly faithful/delusional.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Republican senators echoed Biden in urging Ukrainian president to reform prosecutor general's office - CNNPolitics

(CNN) A newly unearthed letter from 2016 shows that Republican senators pushed for reforms to Ukraine's prosecutor general's office and judiciary, echoing calls then-Vice President Joe Biden made at the time.

CNN's KFile found a February 2016 bipartisan letter signed by several Republican senators that urged then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to "press ahead with urgent reforms to the Prosecutor General's office and judiciary."

The letter shows that addressing corruption in Ukraine's Prosecutor General's office had bipartisan support in the US and further undercuts a baseless attack made by President Donald Trump and his allies that Biden pressured the Ukrainian government to fire then Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin to stop investigations into a Ukrainian natural gas company that his son, Hunter Biden, sat on the board of.

So either Republican Senators were in on the whole thing from the beginning (which I guess means Trump should be pressuring Ukraine to investigate them as well), or the whole "J. Biden got the prosecutor fired to protect his son" talking point is just plain BS.

Seriously though, this info should kill that talking point once and for all, except of course for the truly faithful/delusional.

Yeah, probably establishment neocon's like John McCain... I'm sure he was in on it.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
The GOP has sold its honor for change for decades now.
The unwavering evangelical Christian support for Trump puts me in mind of the story where Satan offered Jesus political power in exchange for his loyalty. Jesus of course turned the offer down. But it seems evangelicals have made the opposite decision.

As someone once told me....if you force conservative Christians to choose between their conservatism and their Christianity, most of them will go with conservatism every time, for that is their true religion.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I don't know if this is one of those left wing, high-five, slap-*** threads or not... But it seems to be, since I have no idea what anyone is talking about here.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Drain the swamp on both sides.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't know if this is one of those left wing, high-five, slap-*** threads or not... But it seems to be, since I have no idea what anyone is talking about here.
Then why participate in a discussion regarding subject matter if you don't understand? Why not do some research and try to learn instead of pout?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Then why participate in a discussion regarding subject matter if you don't understand? Why not do some research and try to learn instead of pout?

I was hoping you guys could teach me, and transform me. Instead, it seems like people would rather just throw tomatoes at me. :cool:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I wish I could know what you guys are talking about.

This:

"Seriously though, this info should kill that talking point once and for all, except of course for the truly faithful/delusional."

His source showed that Trump's claims of "corruption" in removing Shokin to be false. Only the craziest of the the crazy would still try to claim that Biden was corrupt.