• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apollo 14 Astronaut claims aliens exist!

A

angellous_evangellous

Here's the bottom line.

More than one planet in the universe has spawned super-beings who are made out of basically the same stuff as us, but can manipulate space and time in a vehicle that resembles a sauser.

They've travelled accross the almost infinate abyss of space and time to crash on our planet, abduct people, and possibly harvest our resources when the time is right.

But in the mean time they've done all this to bring us Willie Nelson and perhaps Chuck Norris will allow all of us to live long enough to enjoy it.

God bless you, aliens!!

A

angellous_evangellous

More than one planet in the universe has spawned super-beings who are made out of basically the same stuff as us, but can manipulate space and time in a vehicle that resembles a sauser.

Yes, it's quite amazing that intellectually bankrupt folks are not always bereft of some measure of creativity.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Here's the bottom line.

They've travelled accross the almost infinate abyss of space and time to crash on our planet, abduct people, and possibly harvest our resources when the time is right.

But in the mean time they've done all this to bring us Willie Nelson and perhaps Chuck Norris will allow all of us to live long enough to enjoy it.

God bless you, aliens!!

So, I take it you always associate the existence of aliens with the whole "alien abduction, flying saucer" thing, huh?

I tend to separate the two, myself, but that's just me.

A

angellous_evangellous

So, I take it you always associate the existence of aliens with the whole "alien abduction, flying saucer" thing, huh?

I tend to separate the two, myself, but that's just me.

Nah, I am sure that the psychosis presents itself in a number of patterns. I would not expect it to be associated absolutely with any one vehicle.

The sauser shape would be the most common I suspect, and IMVHO the most likely shape for such a vehicle. But given that we have no clue how such a miracle could be done, we can't speculate as to its shape.

A

angellous_evangellous

Nice way to insult a bunch of people in a cowardly way! Great job!

Nah, in actuality I would be so terrified of such creatures who have such awesome power that I'd rather be merrily on my way elsewhere.

Besides, the focus of my comment is not on the seriously ill people who think that they've been abducted but the liars who make up evidence for it, and also not towards the unfortunate people who believe...

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
You can couch it any way you like, but your overall message is clear and insulting. If you can't engage in polite, respectful discussion, maybe you should go elsewhere.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
... and also not towards the unfortunate people who believe...

On the contrary, I'd be delighted to review evidence if there were any.

The first quote is just another example of your couched efforts to belittle and insult a group of people who have a different view of things than you do. The second has nothing to do with anything. For one, I doubt you'd be open at all to any kind of evidence, judging by your other comments here. For another, we're not talking about evidence of anything. People are just saying that it seems highly likely that there is intelligent life somewhere other than Earth. The evidence is us and the vastness of the universe. That's not what you're disagreeing with, though. You're disagreeing with a very specific view of aliens, one that no one is espousing here.

A

angellous_evangellous

The first quote is just another example of your couched efforts to belittle and insult a group of people who have a different view of things than you do.

Well, I find it more than a little disurbing that an unusually large group of people is ready to uncritically accept a very small amount of circumstantial "evidence" and use it superlatively irresponsibly to come to loosely if not completely unrelated conclusions. It's even more distressing that the same people entertain the hallusinations of seriously psycotic persons.

For one, I doubt you'd be open at all to any kind of evidence, judging by your other comments here. For another, we're not talking about evidence of anything. People are just saying that it seems highly likely that there is intelligent life somewhere other than Earth. The evidence is us and the vastness of the universe. That's not what you're disagreeing with, though.

I guess that we're no longer discussing the OP at all...

You're disagreeing with a very specific view of aliens, one that no one is espousing here.

The atronut in the OP believes that aliens crashed in Roswell, and look like the aliens described by many sick people. That would be the view that I'm referring to.

tomspug

Absorbant
Angellous, you're being kind of a jerk. Why can we not ridicule people for their religious beliefs, but people who believe in aliens are fair game?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Well, I find it more than a little disurbing that an unusually large group of people is ready to uncritically accept a very small amount of circumstantial "evidence" and use it superlatively irresponsibly to come to loosely if not completely unrelated conclusions. It's even more distressing that the same people entertain the hallusinations of seriously psycotic persons.

That's why I find Christianity disturbing.

I guess that we're no longer discussing the OP at all...

The atronut in the OP believes that aliens crashed in Roswell, and look like the aliens described by many sick people. That would be the view that I'm referring to.

Except that you make no distinction (in this thread) between people who simply believe that aliens exist, and people who claim that they were abducted by aliens and that there is a conspiracy going on.

Would you have a problem with me calling Christians "sick people"? You realize that many people view religious people the same way you view people that believe in this stuff? It would be one thing if you had said that the guy in the OP is delusional and possibly sick. You have not done that. What you have done is extend that view to an entire group of people, some of which aren't even in the same category with this particular man. It's like calling calling Christians delusional because Muhammed didn't exist.

A

angellous_evangellous

Angellous, you're being kind of a jerk. Why can we not ridicule people for their religious beliefs, but people who believe in aliens are fair game?

As I said above, I have nothing against people who want to believe in aliens. It's a rather fun endeavor, and perhaps the myth can help people along and enrich their religious experience.

I do take issue with religious people who dishonestly indulge in their myth as if it were real, especially when it exploits the mentally ill and the ignorant.

A

angellous_evangellous

What you have done is extend that view to an entire group of people, some of which aren't even in the same category with this particular man.

That's a gross misreading of the text, particularly when I've explictly said the opposite more than once.

tomspug

Absorbant
How exactly is the myth of alien abductions hurting anyone? Last I checked, it's not taking away any of our tax dollars either.

A

angellous_evangellous

How exactly is the myth of alien abductions hurting anyone? Last I checked, it's not taking away any of our tax dollars either.

It focuses on the wrong thing... it celebrates delusions rather than encouraging sick people to get help.

No doubt some churches do the same thing with religious experience.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Before one can discuss, distinguish, apologize or even sincerely believe whether this information is well researched or rubbish one would have to read all of the above selections and once again Jay, you choose to remain obviously uninformed.
What hypocritical nonsense. Which one of those books have you read? The one by the violinist? The one by the conspiracy theorist? Or, perhaps, the one that rejects the so-called "Extraterrestrial Hypothesis"?